[RELEASED] Shadowtek Mod V2.2 Update 8/03/04 #2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowTek
x2

[RELEASED] Shadowtek Mod V2.2 Update 8/03/04 #2

Post by ShadowTek » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 04:40

***Update*** 08/03/04 Version 2.2

Last update for awile, I promise :pirat:
Minor update just adds a script, now to get your enterprise Run "mlib.create.enterprise.pck"
This will create your Flagship, it will be called "Shadowtek Flagship"
It will come with 4 docked fully equipted X-shuttles.

The Docked X-Shuttles names will be:
Shadow Bandit I
Shadow Bandit II
Shadow Bandit III
Shadow Bandit IV

The "Shadow Bandits" will already have your Flagship set as there Homebase.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!! YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!!!

As soon as you are in your Flagship, YOU MUST command all docked ships to dock at your Flagship!!

When you create the Flagship, the 4 X-Shuttles are already docked, BUT they will not be "visibly Docked" They will be "inside" the ship instead of externally docked, by telling all docked ships to dock at your flagship, it will simply move them to where they are supposed to be and it will be instantanious. You only need to do this once when you first get your flagship. for some reason they dont appear where they are supposed to til you do this.

IF YOU DONT DO THIS BEFORE LAUNCHING THEM, It'll be a mess. If I can figure out a different way to do it, I will.

If someone knows the solution to this PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

You do not have to download the whole mod again you can just download the script update.

Main download at bottom of page is updated to latest version.

Download patch update 2.1 to 2.2
Place script in your scripts directory allow to overwrite.

***Update 8/03/04*** Version 2.1
Fixed X-shuttles speed its now 400
has 800 cargo space
Has 6 foward lasers
has 1x125MW shield
Has XL Cargo

The X-shuttle is intended to be your Flagships wingmen, You can dock 4 X-Shuttles on your Enterprise. The shuttle isnt intended to be your main fighter force, Your Flagship is uniqe in the X-Universe (as it uses the USS Enterprise Model) So I figure it should have 4 unique Wingmen. (of course you can do as you like, this is just the intended use)

***Update 8/02/04*** Version 2.0
***NEW VERSION***

Shadowtek Mod V2.0

The Readme:
Unzip to "X2 - The Threat" directory
Run X2 hit mod selection, choose "Shadowtek"

Use the CreateFullEquiptShip to add Enterprise and 4 docked x-shuttles to game.

Ok This is the Flagship Mod (now called Shadowtek Mod since the Flagship is just one part) that uses the excellent USS Enterprise model.
It uses the Xenon TL Slot so notheing in game is changed.
It can dock 4 ships, M3,4,5's or TP/TS's or the X-shuttle.
Can also transport factorys.
***More tweaks to Enterprise Stats.***

USS Enterprise now uses its own personal TCockpit settings to make its weapons loadout unique to other ships. (can now mount many weapons on par with other M2's but can still mount KH weapons, Max KH weapon per side is same as max capital weapon for that side)

It also includes a beefed up X-Shuttle useing the new X-shuttle model by ReiAyanami.

Increased turret rotation speed for all weapons(always hated the defaults, The turrets turned so slow it made dog fighting from within a turret boring)

Slight Increase to Bullet speed.

Uses the "no Modified" Tag mod

Credits:
dPM_HeMan's excellant X-shuttle mod
ReiAyanami's Great Shuttle model
Burianek for his "No Modified" tag Mod
and to Esqueaks for his incredible USS Enterprise Model for which makes this mod 10 times better then it would be without it.

The Mod is Here - Version 2.2

PS... Let me know what you think. What should be changed/added.
Im gonna keep adding to this mod, eventually it'll be a mega-mod type deal, Id like to add the new Xenon models as well.

PPSS...If you like this mod feel free to host it at your site if you want to.
Last edited by ShadowTek on Sun, 5. Sep 04, 00:12, edited 18 times in total.
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

asyikarea51
x4

Post by asyikarea51 » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 08:48

Adding? Sounds good. I think you might find some of these useful, sorry if your mod becomes nothing but a bug-fix.

Khaak ejecting problem (both the M2 and the M1). I'm running 1.4, thought it was fixed, but for some reason it's not. No door, as far as I know, that's the problem.

I think the XS (not sure about your new one) has some issues with docking. Ran a BF script back in 1.3 about a crazy-a** XS that could carry any gun except the kyons, lase tower guns and had 16 shields. The thing went too fast and docking without the dock comp is impossible. Even when I'm within the speed limit. Dunno why. I do brake in time.
I would love to have that script re-done for 1.4 though, crashing into the enemy Khaak ships is it's best weapon, aside from the guns.

Khaak M3, 4, 5s dun seem to be correctly sized, crash every now and then even when I fly right. Triangles!!!

Please make the cargo hold hold more than 20,000 points! It's irritating having to refill the carriers each time for jump driving and u got no room for 3 or more factories at once (sounds like cheating, sorry).

That okay?

leigh
x2

Post by leigh » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 14:14

Excellent job shadowtek.
"Things they do look awful cold, I hope I die before I get old" - The 'oo

mike n
x2

Post by mike n » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 23:31

Nice work!! Upgrades on mods are always good, but will anything happenen to the savegame if i change mods?

Mike n

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 01:29

Updated Mod and first post :)

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 01:59

mike n wrote:Nice work!! Upgrades on mods are always good, but will anything happenen to the savegame if i change mods?

Mike n
Depends on what mod your useing, if your useing one of my other Flagship mods then:

Safest thing is to load your game, create the new Enterprise with script, transfer over to new ship, transfer stuff from old ship to new ship you want, then blast the old one to pieces. Then continue as notheing happened. :D

If your useing different mods then one of mine, Then I dont know what it will do to your save game.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 02:11

Are there any mods that you simply have to have to play, let me know and Ill see about adding them to this one. Scripts dont matter cause you can still use them separatly, only mods that modify the core files.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 17:21

Just realized I set the X-shuttle speed to slow (90) oops, a temp fix is when you use the create ship script just add 30 engine tunnings (speed 360) Ill raise it next version I do. Everyone like this mod the way it is? Isnt there any popular mods youd like to see incorperated it this?

Since we can only play one mod at a time, best to add them all together right?

I went into a Xenon sector (first time since playing v1.4 or 1.3 for that matter) with the flagship, and had my ASS handed to me in 60 sec. (2 carriers, 2+ destroyers and a ton of fighters) all hit me the second I entered (the Xenon sector next to 18 Billion) so I know that the flagship in not over powered. It has 100,000 armor and 8x124 shields speed is 390 (It IS your flagship afterall) and was instantly slain (as well as my computer :( had to turn off All graphic stuff like bump mappeing) It was VERY FUN :D Im so glad Ego fixed so many things, the universe is deadly now, and I love the assasination missions.

Anyway back OT, If theres some way to improve this let me know, keep in mind I dont have 3dstudio max so I cant do any model modifying or anything like that.

Does anyone know how to make the missle launcher work on the Enterprise? Is it a model thing? Or scripting? The missles are there and show equipt, but dont actually fire, Im thinking its something that has to be defined in the Model file its self.

Shadowtek

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:33

Yet another Update as I try and perfect this mod, now current version is 2.1, see top post for changes.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 22:00

I’m running X2LasEconRebalanceBurv11 and this mod just fine, I‘ve put X2LasEconRebalanceBurv11 in the mods folder and renamed your cat and dat files to 05 and put them in X2 main directory, works fine for me

Ps like the mod keep up the good work
=

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 22:31

matthewfarmery wrote:I’m running X2LasEconRebalanceBurv11 and this mod just fine, I‘ve put X2LasEconRebalanceBurv11 in the mods folder and renamed your cat and dat files to 05 and put them in X2 main directory, works fine for me

Ps like the mod keep up the good work

Another small update, but a good one :wink:
version is now 2.2, you do not have to download whole version, you can just get the update if you already have version 2.1
Main download is updated to latest version.

This is the last update for awhile :wink:

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 23:00

How come? Unless your working on something else, will have to keep an eye out for anything else you make
=

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 23:05

matthewfarmery wrote:How come? Unless your working on something else, will have to keep an eye out for anything else you make
Well cause Im probably driveing everyone nutz with the "several updates" per day, plus I'll be gone for the next few days (my trucking job)

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 23:13

Well your not driving me nuts, I have to update Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0a Beta and those before it on a fairly regular bases, so I’n used to it,

PS if you haven’t alreadly tried the above I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do so
=

Neanderthal
x2

Post by Neanderthal » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 11:33

Seeing as Mr matthewfarmery is viewing this I have a question for both you & Sir Shadowtek : -

Is this gonna work ok with "the BIG Mod" ????? :?

Or if we ask VERY nicely can both mods be combined ???? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D

Thanks for all ya hard work guys !!!!! :lol:

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 15:17

As Sir Shadowtek hasn’t replied I will, I’m no modder just a normal player, as for compatibility, not sure, you could try it, save then load to a temp save, to do it, rename Shadowtek.cat / dat both to 05 and put them in X2’s main directory

Try it and see, if X2 does go funny revert to a save that works and delete all the files concerning Shadowtek’s mod
=

Neanderthal
x2

Post by Neanderthal » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 15:23

Cheers - i'll give it a go !!!!

:lol:

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 03:46

Hi,
sorry for the delay, I drive a truck across the USA so sometimes I'm gone for a week at a time, I haven't looked at the big mod so I'm not sure what all is in it, but I'll check it out.

What I want to do is set up the script so that you automatically get the Flagship free when you hit the highest combat rank, but as I'm not a scripting expert so I'm not sure Ill figure it out. If I cant, then Ill make it so you'll only get the ship if you have money to buy it. I removed the "get enterprise" command under "special" as it is too tempting to use.

I'm Also trying to include the enterprise in the Tuning Kit MK1. Ive added it in the plugin.tunning.balance.xml but I seem to be missing something somewhere, Ive sort of gotten it to work, but it permanently raises the speed, so I'm on the right track but still have some work to do (Thats a excellent script BTW if you haven't tried it yet) perhaps the author could help me out. :)

I love this enterprise model. Not cause its Star Trek, but because its just so incredible looking. Its as long if not a bit longer then the Titan, but its sleek and stealthy looking. It looks like it would hide out in a nebula waiting for the unfortunate M3, M6 or even M2 to pass by, Fire its engines, and with its high acceleration, great maneuverability, get be hide the victim, and have it half dead before it realizes its under attack. Also it has excellent fire coverage, try shooting a M2, and making the M2 chase you, while its trailing you, check out the massive firepower your victim is being hit with...very cool.

Another thing I love about it is the view port is near the front of the ship instead of the rear like so many other big ships, it makes handling it and judging distance from the front much easier (On the titan, your nose is almost 1k from the view port)

Anyway I'll try and figure out the scripts this weekend, I wish I could give credit to who ever made this model cause its awesome.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 13:49

Hi ShadowTek

You could try asking either Kailric or marklaverty for help. I do also like the enterprise model, just started using it, so real sweet, keep those ideas of yours coming,
=

Mostly Harmless
x3

Post by Mostly Harmless » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 21:45

Guys, i've downloaded Shadowtech's enterprize 2.2, clicked on shadowtech within the mod menu but :cry: no enterprize. Can someone please help me out here :( i'd be eternally grateful. Keepon truckin Shadowtech m8.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”