Hot tip - Increase your rank selling Khaak weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Circumcisor
x2

Hot tip - Increase your rank selling Khaak weapons

Post by Circumcisor » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 14:58

I've found a really good trick for increasing your trade rank.

Khaak M3 weapons sell for 1,684,512 (the beta kyon's). If you sell them, your trade rank increases. The increase you get will depend on your current rank, of course.

However, there is more to it than this.

If you have five or six, and sell them all, your rank will go up, say, 10%. If you have two and sell them, your rank will still go up 10%. It seems your rank goes up if you sell all the ones in your cargo bay.

So, this is what I did. I had 12 in my M6 cargo bay. First time, I sold all 12, two at a time, and got a 10% trade rank increase. Then I re-loaded and tried another method. Whle flying my M5 supply ship, I transferred 1 from my M6 to my M5, then docked with the equip dock and sold it. My rank went up 10%. Then, go back to the M6, get another one, sell it - another 10%. I did this 12 times (obviously), got the rank increase each time, and I went from Prof Mogul 50% to Magnate 30%.

Disclaimer - this is from my own observations, not from any knowledge of the game code. Try it yourself and see if it works for you. If it does, I will let you buy me a drink.
If at first you don't succeed - better not try parachuting

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade
[ external image ][ external image ]

deff'
x2

Post by deff' » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 15:02

interesting... I'll let you know once I get to a rank where I can cap Khaak (CA 1st atm) :(

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 15:16

deff' wrote:interesting... I'll let you know once I get to a rank where I can cap Khaak (CA 1st atm) :(
You can cap Kwaak, but only if you've not bought the weapon specs...
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

EverythingXen
x3

Post by EverythingXen » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 18:29

... which most of us who didn't restart did (bought ship data). CA3 ... I'll be there someday.
X2 - TL: 1, M2: 2, M1: 0, Factories: 35
X3 - Nothing yet

Tudders
x3

Post by Tudders » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 18:33

What rank do you have to be to cap khaak if you've bought the khaak info?

I'm at CA 2nd but still can't cap one.

Rheinmetall
x2

Post by Rheinmetall » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:07

IIRC I think it was Apoch who wrote this in a different topic.

If you have the khaak info you have to be CA2 or higher to capture khaak. The higher your rank the better your chance of capture is. However there's a bug that allows you to capture khaak at any combat grade if you haven't bought the info.
-Aika kuolla maan asukit! Teistä tulee hotdogmolekyylejä.-
"Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds"

ToxicityD
x2

Post by ToxicityD » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:29

where do you get this Khaak info?
[ external image ]
this isn't me :( so dont bother askin

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:32

well its a really great tip, but its not so easy to ACQUIRE their weapons

you get the info after reaching higher ranks and some people feel that you can have it, they will sell it to you...

Circumcisor
x2

Post by Circumcisor » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:33

You can buy it from the BBS if you have completed the plot missions, and if you are at least ranked 70% in the third highest race rank of the race you're buying it from. (Boron Queens Knight 70% is easiest due to the Queen's daughter BBS mission)

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade

FanaticChiken
x2

Post by FanaticChiken » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 19:40

Does this also apply to selling Khaak missiles? That would be great as you can capture like four of them on captured ship and they are generaly dispensabe as they do not seem superior non-khaak missiles.

Circumcisor
x2

Post by Circumcisor » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 20:48

Your rank increase will depend on the amount of cash, ie at Magnate you need 500k profit for 1% increase, so selling a beta Kyon for 1,684k gives you 3½ %. Missiles are a lot less in cash value so don't increase your rank much at all.

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade

FanaticChiken
x2

Post by FanaticChiken » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 22:15

So, buying and selling repeately the same stuff will in theory increase your rank indefinatly? Or does rank increas by selling has more constraints?

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 22:38

I think its the profit that counts, so what you had to buy it for gets subtracted from the selling price for profit calculations. Selling kyons is pure profit, so they increase rank very fast. Doing a buy/sell loop is much less profitable.

cybes
x3tc

Post by cybes » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 08:34

My current game must be more borked than I thought. (currently have an Equip Dock that allows me to exceed max engine tunings - there's a thread in Tech support if anyone's interested)

I've captured several of the tiny Khaak ships. The first was aquired some time ago , and I've only just hit Vice Admiral. They have no equipment in them, of course - just a hull and engine - and are effectively useless, but they're mine. Fetch a pittance at sale, too, since they're nearly destroyed by the time they bug.

Or is everyone talking about a different sort of 'capturing', here?
"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 09:03

The bug with capturing Khaak, cybes, is that you are able to do so before you buy the Khaak ship information and at a low rank. It should NOT be possible to get them unless you have the ship info and are at something like AoA 3rd grade. Therefore it is of no surprise that you have managed to capture some.

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 09:10

I can confirm what PJknibbs said, as soon as I hit AOA3, I could start capping.

cybes
x3tc

Post by cybes » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 09:36

pjknibbs wrote:The bug with capturing Khaak, cybes, is that you are able to do so before you buy the Khaak ship information and at a low rank. It should NOT be possible to get them unless you have the ship info and are at something like AoA 3rd grade. Therefore it is of no surprise that you have managed to capture some.
Heh - I just found the thread in Tech Support in which you said that very thing. I should have just held my tongue for another 5 minutes, and I would have had my explanation! :roll:

Is this a consistant thing, or does it appear only sporadically? ie: when I start my next game, can I expect the same capturing behaviour, or will CoA2+Info be required? I suppose I can answer that for myself, really - I just wasn't planning to restart just yet.
"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 11:04

It is 100% consistent; Khaak are always capturable before you buy the Khaak weapon and ship info, whereas AFTER you've purchased this information the situation becomes what it was intended to be (Khaak only capturable at high rank).

cybes
x3tc

Post by cybes » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 02:21

Ah. Thanks for your prompt response, pjknibbs. :)

I guess the trick is to not buy the info until past the trigger AoA2 level. Well, if having a bunch of Khaak m5s matters to you, anyway.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 08:39

cybes wrote: I guess the trick is to not buy the info until past the trigger AoA2 level. Well, if having a bunch of Khaak m5s matters to you, anyway.
Assuming you're not fussed about blatantly exploiting a bug, sure.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”