M3? 6? 1? TL? TP? Nandayooooo...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Z0diac
x3

M3? 6? 1? TL? TP? Nandayooooo...

Post by Z0diac » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 19:40

Okay, so I've been reading a bit on these forums and playing the game of course, but there's one thing I still dont understand: What does a M class ship do? Is it a fighter? Freighter? Capital ship? The game throws all these acronyms at me, but doesnt bother to explain em... M1 M6 all the same to me so far.

Same goes for those TL and TP acronyms... What do they stand for?
Signatures are for the wicked.

jam3
x3

Post by jam3 » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 19:48

M1 - Carrier
M2 - Destroyer/Cruiser
M3 - Hvy Fighter
M4 - Med FIghter
M5 - Light Fighter / Scout
M6 - Corvette

TS- Transport Ship - Freight
TP - Transport Ship - Passengers
TL - Transport Ship - Factories

*Note though ships are good at certain duties it doesn't mean that a hvy fighter can't carry frieght or passengers. Though there are certain limitations(only certain ships can carry other ships)

Also to me the m6 is out of order, it is the smallest "big" ship and should be the m3 with the fighters falling down in line.

Also there is a m0 for battleships that you cannot buy or capture.

Z0diac
x3

Post by Z0diac » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 19:50

Ah, great! Copied and pasted into notepad...

Mr. Turquoise
x3tc

Post by Mr. Turquoise » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 20:55

Gomenasai...this is off topic...but I could almost hear the Japanese schoolgirl intonation (implied in the the thread title) on "Nandayo!!!"

Mr. Turquoise

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 22:21

jam3 wrote: Also to me the m6 is out of order, it is the smallest "big" ship and should be the m3 with the fighters falling down in line.
That's because it IS out of order--the corvette class didn't exist in previous games, and Egosoft didn't want to change the M3, M4, M5 designation which already existed. Personally I think it'd work better if they dropped the whole thing and just used three-character codes to identify ships, like TIE Fighter did--e.g. CRV for Corvette, SCT for scout, HFR for heavy fighter etc.

JZ
x3

Post by JZ » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 22:25

*ears prick up at the lil bit of nihongo being thrown around*

Whilst the T stands for Transport, is there a definate meaning of M? Is it Military perhaps or what?

I believe that its:
M5 = Scout
M4 = Light fighter / Interceptor
M3 = Heavy Fighter

Because on the balance of things, M5s aren't fighters when you think what a fighter has to do... ie fight :)

But I suppose you can argue semantics all day as to what a light fighter is, what a medium is and how you mark an intercepter from a fighterlol
"Being Split, its not big and it certainly isn't clever."

The Zand Firm flag (X3):

Undetermined :)
---------------------------------
The Zand Firm flag (X2):

The ZFS Adam, a PSG equipt Nemesis.

Z0diac
x3

Post by Z0diac » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 23:03

Mr. Turquoise wrote:Gomenasai...this is off topic...but I could almost hear the Japanese schoolgirl intonation (implied in the the thread title) on "Nandayo!!!"
Hehe... Yea... Just got back from an 11-day LAN party... Anime overdose and more of that. So at 04.30 in the morning, someone would stand up and yell "NANDAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". God... Japanese schoolgirls have all the luck. They get to yell that word all day long.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sun, 8. Aug 04, 00:14

Z0diac wrote:
Mr. Turquoise wrote:Gomenasai...this is off topic...but I could almost hear the Japanese schoolgirl intonation (implied in the the thread title) on "Nandayo!!!"
Hehe... Yea... Just got back from an 11-day LAN party... Anime overdose and more of that. So at 04.30 in the morning, someone would stand up and yell "NANDAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". God... Japanese schoolgirls have all the luck. They get to yell that word all day long.
The men in white coats will be here shotly.

Back on topic, I rekon the M stands for Military. :)

But, I think Ego. needs to do away with it.

Oh, and, you listed al lthe clases except one: the TD.

The TD is a landing transporter, you cant own them, but they appear in cutscenes when you go onto planets. :)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 8. Aug 04, 04:03

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
Oh, and, you listed al lthe clases except one: the TD.

The TD is a landing transporter, you cant own them, but they appear in cutscenes when you go onto planets. :)
How's this for an idea, a brand new station called Tourist Dock, which you place in a planet sector, and it transports planetside tourists back and forth (for a fee of coz!) and the resources needed would be to fuel the TD (cells, bogas, ore, etc) and of coz the cost of the factory includes the price of a TD. :D

Overkill211
x4

Post by Overkill211 » Sun, 8. Aug 04, 08:35

I've assumed M stood for Military ever since I tried to figure out the ship classes in X:BTF.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”