Hornet Missile factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

leea
x3

Hornet Missile factory

Post by leea » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 15:33

I want to make a Hornet missile factory but I just want to know weather it will be profitable for me. I want to put it in either Pe or argon prime, will the argon equipment dock and ships buy from me?

If I get it I will need a soyery for the soja husk but the soyery need a soyfarm for soja beans. so if I put it in Pe will the argons buy hornets, soja husk and soja beans? and will the pirates buy these products too?

thanks in adavance

please let me know!!!

leea

alperuzi
x3tc

Post by alperuzi » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 16:00

if you want to profit, go for a mosq missile fac in Getsu Fune
I'm back at X:R!!!

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 16:13

I don't think people make high end equipment factories for profit, they really only use them for stocking their own ships. You would have to make a monopoly on high end equipment, put them on max selling price, and put in cheap vertical integration loops.

I'm not sure who would buy your missles other than the paranid, who make them.

To find out what equipment the races search for, open the trading screen with one of their equpment docks. The items they list are the items they actively search for by sending their freighters out to factories.

Unless the argon have stations that use soja husk or soja beans, they won't buy them. Some races other than the paranid may use them and go to your stations to buy from you if they feel your price is worthwhile, however, if you want to put a loop for your hornet factory, it is advisable not to sell your resources.

It would be a better idea to leave your Hornet factor in Paranid space so that you may buy cheap resources without forcing your freighters to buy from you.

You will really only see Pirates heading to distilleries and bliss places to buy narcotics and liqour. They don't head out to buy the regular items from the market.

Owning factories and successfully profiting from them is based upon knowledge of supply and demand, who wants your product, how much they are willing to pay for it, how close you are to them, how much you mark up, how much you buy your resources for, and what your supply of product and resources is.

Those factors are important to placing your factory and selling your product.

Make sure you are placing your factory next to or as close as possible to the consumer so that they can get to your item quicker, thus enabling you can to mark up your price more.

Use this Library to help you in your understanding of products and resources, and the dynamic market. Go to the stations sections and you can look at all of the stations in-depth to see what they require to run and who wants what they make.

I wish you well in the future

Midge
x4

Post by Midge » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 16:19

Snokid wrote: You will really only see Pirates heading to distilleries and bliss places to buy narcotics and liqour. They don't head out to buy the regular items from the market.
Except for sunflowers for some odd reason.

leea
x3

Post by leea » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 16:21

ok if anyone has any ideas whats else I could get then, I want to put another factory in Pe the pirates do buy other products they buy my meatsteak cahoonas.

In Pe i have:
1 spp,
1 cattle ranch,
two dream farms,
1 bliss place,
1 wheat farm,
1 space fuel distilary.

what else can I put in there?
if anyone else has stations in Pes please let me know what you have go?

thanks in adavance

leea
Last edited by leea on Sun, 29. Aug 04, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

robbie2441
x2

Post by robbie2441 » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 16:27

look in the sectors near pe and see what goods there short of and build the facs

leea
x3

Post by leea » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 17:07

has anyone else got factorys in Pe, if yes what have you go there?

leea
x3

Post by leea » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 21:22

i'm I the only person in the game that have put stations in Pe,

if anyone else has please let me know stations you have got there?

thankyou

leea

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 22:30

Chill! Loads of players put facts in PE, and especially now that we have the Argon and Boron PE Patrols. I'm setting up an energy loop there (silicon mine, cattle ranch, cahoona bakery, crystal fab, spp). And eventually I'm setting up loops for odd things like microchips, computer parts adn whatnot. Its relatively safe. But best to beef up the protection with an M6 of your own (or 2)
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Rathgar
x2

Post by Rathgar » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 23:40

Presidents End is great for Illegals... so long as the task force doesn't shoot your buyers.

Also, take the above advice about looking at what the locals need, both in Argon space and in the Anarchist sectors. You will find that you can make good money in that sector. I did it BEFORE there was a sector patrol (and when I had six pirate stations within 3 jumps each). That place supported 4 of each illegal and sold out CONSTANTLY... I miss that game...
- Of all the things I've loved and lost, I miss my mind the most.

- Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball.

alperuzi
x3tc

Post by alperuzi » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 10:49

PE is my M6 outfitting center. I have GHEPT and BHEPT and 125MW shield loops and an argon Equipment Dock which buys these together with my own energy. After buying lets say a centaur, I send it to the equipment dock for the guns and shields and then Terracorp for the jumpdrive and Xai Jumpdrive software. After that it jumps from place to place attacking khaak as they spawn.
I'm back at X:R!!!

leea
x3

Post by leea » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 11:31

I just bouhgt a rimes fact for Presidents end, not sure weather it will work or not but it worth a try. I have noticed that most trading stations in the argon sectors need cloth rimes, so hopefully they will by from me for a high price.

has anyone else got a rimes fact?

let me know

thanks in adavnce

leea

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 11:51

A rimes fact does well in KE,in family pride and usually in split space
not too close to argons,in paranid space ,in many places .And that's
because there is not enough delaxian wheat to power all those AI
rimes facts and there are many misile facts,weapon component facts,lasertower facts and others that need cloth rimes so there
is a very high demand for it.
I never built a rimes fact in PE so dunno if it'll sell at max(i think you'll have to lower your prices a little because of the other rimes facts).I always build rimes facts near Weapon Component factories and misile facts because they will send their TSs to buy my cloth rimes.
I like this facts(and they are very good in loops because of the high profit)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”