HRS 3.2.1 Bugfix Release

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

holo_doctor
x3tc

HRS 3.2.1 Bugfix Release

Post by holo_doctor » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:50

=========================
MAJOR BUGFIX IF YOU INSTALLED 3.2
=========================
If you have installed 3.2 there is a major bug that gives player equipment docck free spare parts (stupid forgot about player buildable EQ docks)
Installing this patch if you already have 3.2 is dificult cuse i also forgot the upgrade system in the global scripts.
If you have 3.1 or lower you can upgrade as normal
3.2 however you will need to disable global scripts tacks named

HRS.Install.at.Docks

Disable both of these and rerun the HRS.Install.at.docks script. As i said if you running 3.1 or lower you are ok to go stright to 3.2.1 without having to do this. In future this will not be a problem as I have put in place a way to disable this script on upgrade

Thanks again to Nemomuc for bringing this to my attention
========================

For thouse of use you have not use this mod yet its alows you to repair fighters aboard carriers. It actualy replaced the ship entierly. This releace fixes for many bugs that have been in previous versions. Pluss some new features to make it more user friendly. eg retaining MRK3 and BHP pilot stats.

Now avalible on my personal server at

http://bandanna.is.dreaming.org/
http://earth.prohosting.com/xscripts/
http://www.tzd-webdesign.de/software/hrs.rar

and soon as xscripting can add it for me
Anyone else wishing to host this script pls contact me as i only have limited bandwidth
The File is less than 20KB

Thanks to All Who have help me find Bugs and translate for german. Other translations are also welcome and will be added to future releases

Special thanks to
thalonMook for translation to german
Nemomuc (helping me fix and find quite a few bugs and giving me a start on the factory script)

A kind person like to pass this msg onto the german forum would be apreciated.
This version adds the following
(for compleate version history see the version.txt in the zip file English only)
=====================================
Version History (Sorry English only)
=====================================

Version 3.2.1 (for 1.4 and up)

+ Fixed Bug that gave Free spare pats to players Equip Docks
(if you are using 3.2 you must go to global script tasks and shutdown both HRS.install.at.dsocks script then rerun the script)
+ Added better upgrade option to shutdown older global scripts
Version 3.2 (for 1.4 and up)

+ Fixed Bug in keeping shipnname
+ Fixed Bug when ship was not capable of docking
+ Fixed Bug Uknown Command Showing in Comm Console
+ Added ability to keep homebase
+ Added ability to Keep Pilots for Mrk3 and BHP systems
+ Added German to readme (Version history will remain in English Only)
+ Seperated Version History (file was getting rather Large to Past into Forums)

+ Rewrite of Equipment Dock Supply script This script will be replace eventualy by factories
- Only Argon Docks now have the HRS
- All other EQ will have spare parts replenished over time
- (3 to 5 parts every 20 mins 3.1 Upgraders will still have instant fill on current game)
- If you using 3.1 or older the old system will switchover so any equipment docks other than Argon will have HRS removed

+ Added Prototype script for Spare Parts Factory (not active as yet but it is there)
Extract from readm
Hull Repair System (HRS)

A new innovation for capital craft and other small carriers from the shipwrights at Omicron Lyrae. The Federation need a way to refit and repair there fighters and other craft in deep space without having to turn back to the nearest shipyard.

This system when fitted to capital craft will allow repairs to docked ships. This system comes with software and Robotic Tools. It is compact and can be transported to a capital craft by any ship able to dock. It can also be installed directly at a Shipyard.

The process requires a large amount of energy and some spare parts but allows a captain to repair a docked fighter or transport to full health providing he/she has the necessary resources.

The ship hull/engines and reactor will be striped down, disassembled and rebuilt using the exiting components and new replacement parts manufactured in the equipment bays of the carrier.

The Ship recives a new Regestration After it passess its safty inspection.

======

To start the process go to the command console on the ship you wish to repair. Goto Special select

====HRS - Repair at Carrier====

Then Select the Carrier you want to try and repair at!

======

Have Fun Boys and Girls!
Last edited by holo_doctor on Mon, 8. Aug 05, 23:25, edited 14 times in total.
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 13:58

Hi,

if you need I will translate the readme in german.... but it takes a little time... Think until friday this week...

Thanks for the Update....

Is it ok when I post your script on the german forum ??

CU

Thalon

Nemomuc
x2

Hrs 3.1

Post by Nemomuc » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 02:56

Looks much better than Vers 3.0- Keep on with your great work.

But there are some problems:

- The german language file has an sysntax error in the 7000904 ID. thalonMook forgot to replace an "ü" in the ware info (don`t ask how often this happend to me- i stopped counting it :oops: ). BTW there is an way to display all the german "ö`s ", "ä`s", "ü`s", and "ß" in the game by using special letter combinations. Just send me a mail ThalonMook or take a look at the MK III Trader language file from MKess.

- There is no Command description for both command Type Special slot you use 9 and 30 thus the commands show up as "Unknown Command !"
take a look at hemans`/ticakis BHP how touse page ID 2008 to correctthis thing in the language file. 2 slots = 2 command names and 2 descriptions in the 2010 ID page .

- Still no transfer of the original ship`s home base in the mainscript file. only one code line necessary :shock: THIS is really nasty. Guess noone is willing to set them manually again after using the HRS. if the script only need 2 commands more.
($Homebase = [THIS] -> get homebase and $newship-> set homebase to $Homebase)

-a BIG Problem in the HRS. script.interface subscript producing weird side effects.

The class "Carrier" does not mean TL and M1 ships only. M1 , M2 M6 and TL are carriers too !

Therefore the HRS runs on all these ships. Because the movetostation sript from Ego`s libray you use to send the ships to the carrier has a ceck if the ship is allowed to land on the station and stops the lib.script if a ts trys to land on a m6 or a m1 the ship does not move to the carrier. instead the mainscript is activated an the old ship disappears in mid space and the new ship is created on the carrier even if this ship type cannot land on the carrier in a normal way. So a new created Ts is docked at a m2 although the TS is not allowed to land at a M2 acording to ego`s hardcoded restricions.

- Because there is no check if the landing bay of the carrier which should repair the ship is full or not, the ship will land even the bay is full. Thanks to ego this does not destroy the landed ships array, but it is not very realistic.

- Ship with the BHP or the MK III extension can be repaired with the HRS but will loose the expirience of it`s pilot.

My opinion ist to deactivate HRS for ships`s rquipped with these extensions as long as there is no working script for transfering the pilots expirience in the repair mainscript.

I know that you are trying to make a transfer script for this Pilots but i have tinkered with this scripts and i still have no heck of an idea how to get around of their anticheat routines without producing a real Cheat (may be i am stupid).

At least write a warning in the readme, please - it is REALLY nasty loosing a level 25 trader or a level 7 BHP pilot only by repairing the ship with the HRS.

- the old install at docks script again ? Ok it works and it is your decision, we have already talked about ... Take a look at the bhp script. There is a realy smart routine less than 15 code lines using a EGO lib script.

Please don`t take this post wrong i love this script . Or why do you think i am working on it since 2 weeks during my holidays almost day and night ?

All i want is to see the HRS as perfect as possible and and maybe signed by EGO. With God`s help and some good will *looks to Mkess*.

Nemomuc

Ps. : i am very interested in your way getting around the voice explanation on factories - maybe i can help ( The HRS is and will always be your script btw).

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 04:49

3.2 is comming it be up shotly. German language file is totaly outa my hands as i know about 3 words of the entire language and even then i cant spell them

If you wish send the corected file to me and I'll see about it pm me for my addie

the hombace and pilot transfer scripts are compleat Now just wiating for upload

I ment to put in Carrier! i want this system to be avalible on anyship able to dock fighters and transports this means M1 M2 M6 and TLs

[Edit] Fixed the docking bug
Last edited by holo_doctor on Sat, 11. Sep 04, 07:04, edited 2 times in total.
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 05:41

Somone please translate

Docking not posible for %s at %s

to german pls Id try a translater that gave me

%s Kann an nicht docken %s

just need somone to check the gramma
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Bléral
x2

Post by Bléral » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 07:05

I would better say, "%s kann an %s nicht docken". (are you sure "docken" is german?)
I made my own (little) modifications for the french translation of that script... maybe I shouldn't have, cause I didn't ask to the author; but the author's name was not in the readme, neither on the webpage where I found it! Sorry :oops: ...
I could paste your future improvements to the 3.2 and send you my translations, if you'd like to include the french version, but that couldn't be just the text file, 'cause the corresponding scripts are changed too: so I would send you whole "HRS-French" directory. Let me know if you're interested...

The least I'll do is including your name in my translation of the readme, obviously!
L'hypertrophie de louveteau se palpe.
Tiens, mais ne serait-ce pas une fonction de Recherche ?

Freggel.Doe
x2

Post by Freggel.Doe » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 08:39

german is my first language and "%s kann an %s nicht andocken" sounds about right to me.

greetings freggel

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 12:53

ok 3.2 is here with all the bugs ppl have found repaired (I HOPE I QAUDUPLE chacked everything)

The first wave to making my spare parts factory thats been requested has also been added but its not yet operational. This should be ready by 3.3 or 3.4 with ppl help.

This script gone along way and has been greeted with much more that I have ever anticipated. Especialy by the german comunity with thanks to thouse who ahev helped in the translations.

I have also heard somone meantion they are doing a french translations if you care to add your file it will be included in future version. Any other ppl willing to translate into there languages are more than welcome to send me a PM and orginize to send there translated t file

Well here it is Boys and Girls all dolled up with new paint waxed and ready to go

ENJOY! :D
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Nemomuc
x2

Hrs 3.2

Post by Nemomuc » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 14:10

Much better.

[Edited)
Last edited by Nemomuc on Sun, 12. Sep 04, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 14:43

Sorry In 3.3 Ill add a space in the reame for thanks My objective was to get the script out more of less bug free. It now beter than it was. It keeps all the ships settings and pilot info.

Again thanks to all who have given to the project Ill alter the post to reflect your help and add your help to the readme for 3.3

There will be a known glich in the Space Parts supply. Current games with HRS older than 3.2 will retain the old system of instant refill while new games will start with the new system.

Command slot 30 bug was removed the system on the original version use 30. I had forgoten to move the command signal change up in one of the scripts its now fixed.

The script upgrades Fine into existing 3.1 and even 2.1.1 games. IT now running on my main save game with over 100Hrs of gametime clocked up

my Condor never goes anywware without 500 or so spare parts in the hold

The not docking bug now fixed also, eg TS will not try to repair at a M2 anymore
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 00:25

BUMP UGENT UPDATE IF YOU DOWNLOADED 3.2! see above
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Kralion
x2

Post by Kralion » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 16:55

holo-doctor, this looks like a great script, keep up the good work. Never understood why carriers couldn't repair docked ships...

Unfortunately I can't really install it yet, I'm doing some some testing of other scripts/mods at the moment.

I have a question: You've solved the transfer of the BPH/sector trader pilots and their skill level, do you know if it works with the xai advanced ai pilot and its level?

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 23:15

nice piece of work.
i agree about losing a level 25 trader, but hopefully that is fixed, Not a mistake i ever made more than once :)

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Mon, 13. Sep 04, 00:02

Kralion wrote:I have a question: You've solved the transfer of the BPH/sector trader pilots and their skill level, do you know if it works with the xai advanced ai pilot and its level?
Unfortuanyl no as i don't use this script. I have only added it fdor the currently signed scripts I will see about this is the script is signed otherwise if i did this for every script like this it would be tedius having to contact the authors and such for info on how they store stuff. If it get signed it will be made compatible.
fachtna wrote:i agree about losing a level 25 trader, but hopefully that is fixed, Not a mistake i ever made more than once
No need to worrie about that mistake its 100% corrected Ive tested on my own MRk 3 Tranders and BPH ships.

(this saves alot of time as i dont have to wait for them to crawl to a shipyard. Just jump my condor in and wamo its repaired)
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

erik nilsson
x3tc

Post by erik nilsson » Mon, 23. May 05, 00:30

The the link doesn't work the page seems have placed down!

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 24. May 05, 17:56

Hi,

I have the Script on my Webserver if you need it you can download it here:

http://www.tzd-webdesign.de/software/hrs.rar

CU Thalon

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 23:16

I used this script ages ago and liked what it promised. It has been months since it has been updated, any work being done or has it been dropped?

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 23:21

no I have not done any work on it for quite a while cuse there not much more I can do with it. Untill ego gives me someway i can modify the hull directly,

Anyway Im working on a new carrier based script that will incorparate the fetures HRS imploys but its about a month or so befor it be ready for release

HRS used alot of work around script due to the fact it X2 Script engin did not have hull altering abilities.

Hope you have like this script and keep a lookout for my new one comming out

Carrier Command Software Mrk 1 and 2
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 23:17

Thanks for the quick reply. I just picked X2 up again after a long absence. I'm trying to verify scripts being in tune with 1.4 prior to reinstalling them.

I'll be on the lookout for your new work.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 02:07

I can't seem to get this to work.

I installed it, and as it happens I have a damaged Orinoco aboard a Carrier. Hull at 5%.

I can't find any "Repair" command anywhere. I tried under "Special" on the carrier first of all. Having checked all the options under commands in the console, I then checked them on the damaged ship it was carrying.

No new option at all.

This made me wonder - is this feature a software upgrade that you buy at an eqDock?

Well, I checked the one at Paranid Prime and also the one at Argon Prime.

I didn't see any new software with a name like "Ship Repairs" or anything.

Can you please tell me what's wrong?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”