Solution to PKing in X2OL

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What do you think?

Top notch
50%
Don't Care
30%
Nice idea, not for me
20%

Total votes: 10

Spero
x3

Solution to PKing in X2OL

Post by Spero » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 02:17

I just had a brainwave!

It's about a solution to PKing in X2OL

How about taking Salvage Insurance to the total next level?

Here's what I mean; When you buy a ship, or even just adding it to an existing ship you own, you get the option of insuring your ship. This will cost 1% of the ship's total cost excluding goods, shields and guns (ie the entire contents of it's cargo bay). This insurance will only be in effect once the insured ship is destroyed, and will result in an exact copy of the ship appearing at the ship's home shipyard and ordered to carry out it's predecesor's orders. The ship will then be insured free of charge until you log on again, and you will be prompted of it's demise and newfound lack of insurance.

Insurance will last for 3 days or a bargain insurance costing double but lasting 7 days before the player being propmted again to renew the insurance.

Factories, frighters and fighters given defencive orders (such as 'Protect Ship' or docked at a factory) can be insured only. Any aggressive commands given to any ship that is insured will result in the insurance being nullified.

What do you think?

EDIT: Oh, and for balancing issues, insurance is nullified if the player enters a ship with insurance.

Sparhawk81
x3tc

Post by Sparhawk81 » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 02:21

Could be an idea, but so far I haven't enough infos about X-OU to express more deeply...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”