Omicron lyrae - Massacre - Spoilers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pocket247
x3tc

Omicron lyrae - Massacre - Spoilers

Post by pocket247 » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 21:19

First of all, Im going to say how amazingly angry I am, when I spent 2 hours writing this message earlier today, and it crashed on me, making me VERY VERY angry, which infortunately led to a few certain computer components being destroyed IRL in a fit of violence.
Anyway.
I finally got around to finishing off the Omicron Lyae mission. I remembered some ppl had said how hard it was so I decided to come mildly prepared.
Spoiler
Show
Being, slightly paranoid I chose to bring the following forces to aid me (all ships are maxed. 2 Rays, 1 Oddy, 2 Osps, 2 centaurs (should have brought the others but they were busy), 12 Novas, 12 KM3's 6 Baracuda's, 6 Perseus's. Anyway.... I proceeded with the engagement while listening to Noeon Genesis Evangelion music (which is biblical enough for me).

1) The first part was taking out the enemy M2's (all totally gimped with only a 125mw shield... I had already cut my teeth on these felllows in the previous mission with my oddy, killing about 30 of them, until I got bored). I used my Oddy and they died horribly quickly (No psg were used or harmed during the course of this encouter). The remaining ships attacked my Split elephant, which amusingly, anihilated all targets.

2) Then had to take position according to Mr D, which was amazingly easy in my Perseus (I used a perseus for all the remaining missions).

3) Mr D pointed out that there were some naff thingies to blow up hanging off the m0, which took about 30 sec with my 3 bpsg's. It was a tad easy!

4) Had to stay in position and then bret suicided into the middle of the mothership, which seemed to do the trick (soz mate).

5) There was still a substantial Khaak presence remainin in the sector, which Ban Danna asked me to clear, which I did. This is where it got nasty, and my ships got involved. I sent those 3 M2's, 4 m6's, 48 M3's (including my squad that was already in OL which id forgotten about, and my 12KM3's), steralised the sector. Omicron Lyae is now clean (yes, demestos clean).
I am a little puzzled how ppl have trouble with this mission. I KNOW other ppl have way more ships than I do, and I didnt hardly use any of mine, since it took ages to tell them to do anything.
Spoiler
Show
I found Ore belt mission massively harder, since it respawned a full khaak cluster every 30 sec or so, and made it nigh impossible to pick anything up with my shields down.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 21:23

I breezed through this mission in my Osprey with my Peggy tucked neatly under the belly for those "close up" parts. As my machine blows dog, I find it best to have minimal ships present. Don't care much for slide shows.

EDIT:

Woo hoo, 500 posts - and still rolling ...
I sure do like biscuits

Dougie
x3tc

Post by Dougie » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 21:25

I used a Centaur and a pegie. Easy. I did it in v1.3 in a nova, but now the shields on that don't stand up to khaak weapons well

Brianetta
x4

Re: Omicron lyrae - Massacre - Spoilers

Post by Brianetta » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 00:27

pocket247 wrote:I am a little puzzled how ppl have trouble with this mission.
it's all to do with frame rate. My machine makes a slide show of Omicron Lyrae, whereas my grilfriend's makes it look like Lucas prepared it for DVD. Needless to say, there's an edge to be had when you have some sort of real time control feedback.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

xenon_pimp

Re: Omicron lyrae - Massacre - Spoilers

Post by xenon_pimp » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 00:45

Brianetta wrote:
pocket247 wrote:I am a little puzzled how ppl have trouble with this mission.
it's all to do with frame rate. My machine makes a slide show of Omicron Lyrae, whereas my grilfriend's makes it look like Lucas prepared it for DVD. Needless to say, there's an edge to be had when you have some sort of real time control feedback.
Sounds like you should use your girlfriends computer more often.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 00:59

well it took a few reloads.........but i did it with just a fully loaded nova!!

Yonder
x3

Post by Yonder » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 01:21

Perseus, no reloads required although I did lose some equipment via bouncing around in the trench.

Oh, wait, wait, that's not true sorry. My hercules was set to attack all enemies after I jumped in, it probably cleared out some fighters during the fight.

Pumpkin10
x3

Post by Pumpkin10 » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 01:27

I managed this mission no problem with a Centuar.

Dougie
x3tc

Post by Dougie » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 02:12

I tried a centaur on its own, but found it nearly impossible to get into the tench around the M0. So I had to use the pegie as well

Pumpkin10
x3

Post by Pumpkin10 » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 02:22

Harrier>Pagasus.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 13:43

I did every single one of the missions (well except from the ones where your given another ship!) in my Nova without too many problems at all. Was a bit miffed with the last mission, turned up in my Python expecting a big battle, but turned out my Nova was sufficent for dodging around the Khaak M0 after all.

Had no probs with the Ore belt mission either maybe I was lucky.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

joebeard
x3

Post by joebeard » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 15:36

I'm so hardcore I did Ore Belt in a Discoverer! I kid you not. Was a helluva blast :)

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 20:06

joebeard wrote:I'm so hardcore I did Ore Belt in a Discoverer! I kid you not. Was a helluva blast :)
Forgive me if I have missed something completely obvious, but since the Disco cannot mount either the mining laser or the Hornet missile, how did you break apart the asteroid, hmmm?
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”