Spacefly Collector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 16:42

Fit an Ion Disruptor and stun them. Once stunned simply open cargo bay and fly into like any other cargo.

HTH

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 16:45

What's the most 'hops' you guys can score with an ION-D in a cloud of spaceflies? I've gotten at least 6 before. The lightning arced right off into the distance practically.

xalien
x4

Re: Spacefly Collector

Post by xalien » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 16:49

Lefty wrote:... in the event of a collision the spacefly collecter is always the first thing to go, without one it'll be something far more annoying to loose (like the jumpdrive)
Are you sure? If that's true I'm off to buy some collectors for myself. What about Ore collector. Maybe it's a good idea to equip personal ships with all possible and useless equipment to minimize chances of losing a piece of valuable stuff?

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 16:53

x2alien wrote:
Lefty wrote:... in the event of a collision the spacefly collecter is always the first thing to go, without one it'll be something far more annoying to loose (like the jumpdrive)
Are you sure? If that's true I'm off to buy some collectors for myself. What about Ore collector. Maybe it's a good idea to equip personal ships with all possible and useless equipment to minimize chances of losing a piece of valuable stuff?
I do just that. As its clear that 'equipment' in X2 is actually ablative armor strapped to the outside of your hull, I buy all I can. Mineral scanners, ore collectors, freight scanners, cargo life support, and fuzzy dice. Don't leave home without em.

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 17:01

If only someone made a script to reduce/eliminate equipment damage when you have significant shields remaining.

monkeyboy1894
x3tc

Post by monkeyboy1894 » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 17:03

trader levels are to the right of their names in the ship descriptions.

you have to have the updated Trade MK III software. or BPH script.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 18:59

Once the ship you want to check is highlighted, press i.

You will see the level after the pilot's name like this
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Fri, 24. Sep 04, 20:14

xenon_pimp wrote:As its clear that 'equipment' in X2 is actually ablative armor strapped to the outside of your hull, I buy all I can. Mineral scanners, ore collectors, freight scanners, cargo life support, and fuzzy dice. Don't leave home without em.
The problem is, you start losing your "ablative armour" before your shield goes down, whereas without them you don't have anything to lose! :wink:
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”