M0 battleship

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

degu
x2

M0 battleship

Post by degu » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 20:02

Can anyone tell me where the M0 battleship is please.
Spoiler
Show
Ihear it is in one of the xenon sectors.
If anyone can could they put in the directions in a spoiler section so that it doesn't ruin anything for others.

Thanks

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 20:08

was in x-tension not anymore tho

degu
x2

Post by degu » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 20:12

Yes but there is a hint in the game manual saying about M0's. I was also told by one of my friends who is more knowledgeable at X2 that there is an M0 in an xenon sector, but it is real hard to get because you are being attacked.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 21:13

tell your friend to cut the bull **** and stop messing around, M0's aren't in this game.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 21:15

There is an M0...
Spoiler
Show
There is a Khaak M0 which you face up against in the final mission of the plot- that is the only M0 in X2

degu
x2

Post by degu » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 21:54

the only way that my question can be answered is by thourougly exploring every sector in the X2. Even so i think that it would be pointless mensioning M0's in the manual and the fact that it is not known if there are any left after the xenon war. I mean there must of been a good reason of mensioning M0's from the Xenon war in the types of ships section. To me this suggests that there must be one somewhere in the X2 universe and the obvious place would be in the xenon sectors. So really it can't be bull****. If you can prove to me that i am wrong, then you can say that it is bull****. But if you can't then keep ur god damn thoughts to yourself.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 21:59

I suggest you calm down a little. You have been advised by a couple of people that there is not a Xenon M0 in the unmodified X² game. That information is correct.

degu
x2

Post by degu » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 22:03

I think everyone misunderstood me. sorry :shock: . I didn't mean xenon M0's, i meant argon ones or perhaps another friendly race, but not an Xenon. I knew that they didn't exist. I appologise for my angry moment. :oops:

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 22:12

Well, its been stated where the 1 M0 in the X2 universe is. Check TD inside the spoilers.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 22:14

degu wrote:I think everyone misunderstood me. sorry :shock: . I didn't mean xenon M0's, i meant argon ones or perhaps another friendly race, but not an Xenon. I knew that they didn't exist. I appologise for my angry moment. :oops:
Sorry if we misunderstood you.
To answer your question- nope, there are no M0s other than the Khaak and Xenon one. The Khaak one is the only one in X2.

The reason for the mention of the M0 in the manual is because they have existed in the past (the Xenon one in XT and XBTF) and they will exist in the current game(The Khaak one in X2). This gives the player a little bit of foreshadowing on events to come within the plot of X2.

Tommy Gun
x2

Post by Tommy Gun » Sat, 9. Oct 04, 20:40

any M0 would be nice in X2, except for the Khaak one...they require other ships to power up their main weapon...

what you really want is something with a built in main weapon that takes a while to charge (and you need to be stationary) and it destroys any space station in 1 shot...or half a shot...

or maybe the main weapon could be a large plasma ball, that you then shoot again and it blows up, destroying all ships within the blast (M3 to M5 at least)
What is that you say? Ireland beat those scummy scots?

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Sat, 9. Oct 04, 23:43

Tommy Gun wrote:any M0 would be nice in X2, except for the Khaak one...they require other ships to power up their main weapon...
Spoiler
Show
yeah, and even then they miss planets right in front of them:)

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 00:12

Tommy Gun wrote:
or maybe the main weapon could be a large plasma ball, that you then shoot again and it blows up, destroying all ships within the blast
*coughunrealtournamentcough*

good plan but if you weren't thinkin ut when you wrote that i'm amazed. there are some powerfull sounding weapons coming out for the expansion pack though, just finished reading the latest newsletter, check it out if you haven't

Mkiller

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 01:05

gimmie good old fashioned space shooter lasers any day.

Although I do think we need more variation between weapons and ships. an M0 would be cool if implemented correctly. Obviously huge cost but maybe some sort of maintenance fee so if you want to keep and maintain it then you really do have to have a huge empire

OD53
x4

Post by OD53 » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 01:58

The M0 in one of the Xenon sectors was in X-BTF in sector Nepolios Memorial, and was also in X-T but for some reason it dissapeared and I never saw it again!
I'am the conquere of worlds!

I'am the destroyer of all life of which that opposses me!

I'am the 'Oblivious Destroyer the 53rd'

a.k.a. OD53 :D

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 02:24

Mkiller wrote:Tommy Gun wrote:
or maybe the main weapon could be a large plasma ball, that you then shoot again and it blows up, destroying all ships within the blast
*coughunrealtournamentcough*

good plan but if you weren't thinkin ut when you wrote that i'm amazed. there are some powerfull sounding weapons coming out for the expansion pack though, just finished reading the latest newsletter, check it out if you haven't

Mkiller
The skymine combo is SO much fun to use in UT2004 on that truck, whatever its called. Fun to blanket an area with plasma balls, shoot one, and everyone dies. But as for an M0 weapon, maybe a weapon like the Doctor Device from Ender's Game (good book) would be good. For those who haven't read it, what this weapon does is it shoots a beam at one ship, which then shoots off to other nearby ships, using their own mass to implode on themselves and be destroyed. The only way the aliens could counter this in the book was to use loose formations where the beam couldn't jump. At the end it's used to blow up a planet, and everyone dies from the giant explosion. :o pretty cool.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 10:10

how about a gun that fires a big ball of magnetism into large groups of enemy ships, thus drawing them together and making them collide with each other, destroying the smaller ones and damaging some of the larger ones?

it would be pretty useful when you cant be bothered to clear up all the small ships left behind in a xenon sector after you've taken out the caps.

it would ofcourse only work in your m1's, giving people more of an incentive to buy a class of ship which seems pretty useless to me otherwise.

Mkiller

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 17:09

Well, we're talking about M0's, so it would probably actually go on that. The problem with M1s is they don't launch ships fast enough to be of use.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 17:19

Come to think of it, why don't the friendly races build their own M0s? They could have multiple docking/undocking bays (No more M1 problems) and the same/more firepower than an M2. Would make a great flagship.

Cobraking001
x3

Post by Cobraking001 » Sun, 10. Oct 04, 17:37

jack morphew wrote:Come to think of it, why don't the friendly races build their own M0s? They could have multiple docking/undocking bays (No more M1 problems) and the same/more firepower than an M2. Would make a great flagship.

the amount of resources it would take to build one would be huge, better to have lots of small ships as they can be spread out, 1 big ship cna be only in 1 place

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”