Mobile drilling systems

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

germorris

Mobile drilling systems

Post by germorris » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:27

How's it goin guys/gals?

Can somebody please help me with a small problem I have with mobile drilling systems in the ol' X-Universe? My conundrum is this:

I CAN'T GET IT TO WOOOOORRRRRKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
None of my ships allow it to be equipped, nor the ore collector. I mean, do you just have to shove it out of your cargo bay or somethin?!

The solving of this problem will stop me from suffering chronic insomnia and verbally abusing my long suffering PC.

With grateful thanks in advance,

Ger Morris

monkeyboy1894
x3tc

Post by monkeyboy1894 » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:34

which ship are you flying?

the ore collector is XL. which means only TS and TL ships can equip it. (maybe M2 and M1 as well, not sure)

the mining laser can only be equipped by certain ships. look in the ship details screen. the teladi vulture and split caiman can do it on the back turret. the paranid demeter can fit it on the front.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:35

Which ships?

It can only be fitted in:-

Mammoth(TL), Orca(TL), Hercules(TL), Demeter(TS),Elephant(TL),Caiman(TS), Albatross(TL) and Vulture(TS).

IO

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:37

Read "Mobile Mining" which I'm sure is somewhere easy to find...

You need a Vulture, Caiman or Demeter TS ship and you stick the drill in a suitable turret. An ore collector will help to pick up the bits.

Next, head towards an asteroid and blast it. You need to be close. Autopilot will generally take you close enough.

After a while, the roid will explode and you can pick up the bits.

Good hunting.
...locating mandolin strings in the middle of Austin.

germorris

Cheers!

Post by germorris » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:38

You have made an old man very happy.

Peace out!

Pendraco
x4

Post by Pendraco » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:40

I mount the mobile drilling stuff to a demeter or vulture. I don't think the Argon Mercury, or Boron Dolphin can mount the Mobile Drill. But I belive every ship can mount the Ore collector.

Once a ship is equiped with the Ore Collector (and the asteroid has been Disassembled) press "o" and fly into the fragments to collect.......then repeat!

germorris

Money Matters

Post by germorris » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:55

While i'm here thought I might pick your brains on another topic dear to my heart - cash.

I'm doing the usual silicon runs, have a silicon mine and a crystal fab (they're doing ok, but take a while), but still it seems as though it takes an awful long time to accumulate a decent amount of credits. Of course, now that I know how to be a mobile miner (thanks everyone), this situation will get a little better.

Has anybody got any tips on how to become the Bill Gates of the X-World (admittedly not by manufacturing a substandard OS)?

Ger

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 17:59

personaly i mount the drill in a vulture then use a max speed caimen to collect the ore (ore collector also fitted to vulture and freight beamer) and the murcery just maxed up
fit the caiman with the ore collector and special camand software mk1 when the rods broke up set the caiman to collect wares and go of and drill another when caimans ful send of to sell ore then collect peices yourself and when full freight beam to mercury send of mercury hopefuly caimen returns before your full again repeat.(alternativly fit merc with ore collector and special camand software)

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 18:00

Capture anything that moves and flog everything you capture to be invested in universe traders. Building large loops might give a long term profit but can be very expensive to set up.

Tips on capturing see link in sig below

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”