X2, WHEEL and JOYSTICK are not happy together.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nebfire
x2

X2, WHEEL and JOYSTICK are not happy together.

Post by Nebfire » Fri, 15. Oct 04, 20:05

I would like to get involved in X2 (especially with the expansion pack coming), but need to solve this little problem first:

I have a Red MOMO FF Wheel AND a MS FF Sidwinder 2 Joystick connected to my XP system. When playing the X2 demo, I cannot gain control of my ship. X2 is receiving input from both my wheel and Joysitck.

Is there a way to force X2 to receive input from my joystick only?

I don't want to have to unplug my wheel everytime I run X2 because I end up having to recallibrate my wheel when I run any of my racing sims?

Thanks

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 15. Oct 04, 20:09

I'm afraid that removing the wheel is the only option, unless you get a combo that work together.
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 15. Oct 04, 20:23

Disable the wheel in device manager. The settings should still be there when you re-enable it again.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Nebfire
x2

Post by Nebfire » Fri, 15. Oct 04, 20:24

OK, thanks Ferd.

Diemos
x4

Post by Diemos » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 18:36

Unofficially from the Logitech guys...

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

They have a small utility called JoyIDs with which you can easily switch the ID of any installed controller to the #1 position. This might help...

This, of course, assumes that the reason for the games confusion is that the wheel is in the #1 slot... If that's not the issue... :gruebel:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”