Goner rankings

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

greenday_dude
x2

Goner rankings

Post by greenday_dude » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 20:52

How do you raise your reputation with the goner. Ive remained a goner preacher 6% for ages and think how to improve it since them dont have their own sectors. Are there special BBS missions?

Peace out-M

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 21:03

I think it increases a tiny amount every time you buy stuff from their temple (specifically salvage insurance).
Other than that I don't think there is a way to increase your rep with them.
[ external image ]
My X2 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table
X3 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table Coming Soon!

Lord_Darkstar
x2

Post by Lord_Darkstar » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 21:05

Buying from them raises your rank. But it takes a whole lot of Salvage Insurance and Jump drives once you get up in the ranks.

I've read that there is one plot mission that can raise your ranking.

If their BBS offers any jobs, you can take the job, and if you are successful, that should also help raise your rank.

Why do you want to get promoted? Hoping they will give you your own private Goner ship?

more getsu fune oddness

Post by Guest » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 21:09

while doing an xi mission in getsu fune with a ion gppc ray i teed off the teladi ed there . as a result the phonix and four falcons got mashed and the telad presence in gf is no more . odd thing is i hold a teladi police license and was a company trader 56 pc and i didnt loose the license and sufferd a 1 pc drop in rankings ? usually the license is the first to go . i know it was an issue before 1.4 about how easily it was lost but this is right to the other extreeme. :) help this post shouldent be attached to this thread sorry :(

greenday_dude
x2

Post by greenday_dude » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 21:13

Nah ive already captured my own goner ship, not that great. i was hopin it would be a good fast express transport...it wasnt...

It was just a question that was floatin around my head...thats all

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 04:02

They work real sweet as supply ships for M2's. Got a couple on my Ody.

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 09:15

I must have bought over 6000 salvage insurance and hundreds of jumpdrives and I'm stil at 6%.

Mortico
x2

Post by Mortico » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 10:01

I'm at 22%, and I have no idea why.

I don't buy salvage insurance and get my JD from Terracorp.

I had no ranking at all for a long time. I only noticed it for the first time last night.

...Could it be plot related?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 10:07

I think the gonar ranks are plot related but then again I also think the Gonar ranks are broken after I stayed at 12% in one rank for 3 months and then suddenly jumped up 3 ranks and 22% when I shot a gonar ship by accident. Noticed I said jumped up, not went down. Also notice I said 3 ranks not one.

Since the (now 6 months ago in the same game) my gonar rank has not budged one way or the other. And ive purchessed countless items from their temple.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Gibbonfiend
x2

Post by Gibbonfiend » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 10:19

While we're on this sort of topic. Why can you only get salvage insurance from the temple of a religeous sect? I guess they have to get their money from somewhere. Dunno, just a bit weird if you ask me!

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 10:26

Talking about weird. Why do we have to 'buy' salvage insurances
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 10:31

Goner ranking isn't influenced by buying stuff at the Goner temple.
The thing is:
When you follow the storyline you come across the "Nyana's hideout"-mission. Here is where your Goner ranking will be set (for ever) at Preacher 6% or 22%, according to the outcome of this mission at completion.
I don't know exactly what sets the 6 or 22 percent mark but I think it has something to do with the
Spoiler
Show
Teladi buzzards
you meet at the end of this mission.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 13:04

I think you may be right but it is a little buggy so the rank may not change for a while.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

HCFC
x3tc

Post by HCFC » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 13:17

Flaming goners. Always up to mischief - just how is it they canh fly through Xenon space without being attack - something fishy about that. Its not a temple its a Xenon controlling anntena. We come in peace my arse.
"Smoke me a Kipper...
...I'll be back for breakfast"

Mortico
x2

Post by Mortico » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 13:29

Dirk-Jan wrote:Goner ranking isn't influenced by buying stuff at the Goner temple.
The thing is:
When you follow the storyline you come across the "Nyana's hideout"-mission. Here is where your Goner ranking will be set (for ever) at Preacher 6% or 22%, according to the outcome of this mission at completion.
I don't know exactly what sets the 6 or 22 percent mark but I think it has something to do with the
Spoiler
Show
Teladi buzzards
you meet at the end of this mission.
Yes, this rings true - I had just completed that mission when I noticed the Gonar ranking for the first time....

Are the Gonar ranks of any use anyway?

Zaphodikus
x2

Post by Zaphodikus » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 14:04

I am also at 22%,

it would be nice if I had know it is impossible to affect this rank up front, wasted half an hour reading SBB notices, flying about the sector, trying to chat to pilots etc..
void, yes void*, that's a nice type, very versatile

Code: Select all

combat Ace 1st              Shipping magneet
1 Phoenix, Herc.            1 Barracuda (my love), 3 Osprey
A zillion dolphins, 4 docks and 160 fabs

Knucles2
x2

Post by Knucles2 » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 14:20

I tried to talk to a Goner once...Scary dudes, man... :o
X2-The threat, $20
A new gfx card to play X2- the Threat, $100
Having a wife so addicted to GTA/SA she doesn't care how much time I play X2-The threat, Priceless!

:D

Dash
x2

Post by Dash » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 14:40

"Have you heard the good news?"

"what would that be"

*static*

"the ******* cut the transmission on me!!! :evil: , time to wage a personal one man war on the goners...."

so thats what i did..... :twisted:
www.pennyarcade.com
A site for those gamers, who have played it all.

Lord_Darkstar
x2

Post by Lord_Darkstar » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 22:58

My Goner rank has been increasingl... and it increases when I buy Salvage Insurance (handy when I'm in a TL placing stations), Jump Drives, and Transporters.

Of course, I haven't reached the ranks of Preacher yet. I have finished mission 2. I'm on the "Fly to the Temple and meet person" (start of #3).

Dash
x2

Post by Dash » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 23:32

Hmmm perhaps it can only increase during the storyline? a bug maybe? would explain why some people have increased rank and other dont.
www.pennyarcade.com
A site for those gamers, who have played it all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”