cant sell my ion disruptors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gracie
x3tc

cant sell my ion disruptors

Post by Gracie » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:07

hello all :roll:

I would like to get rid of at least one of my ion disruptors as trying to capture pirate ships with them is just not yielding good results.
If I eventually DO get the ship it is hardly worth the bother of flogging it at the nearest shipyard, and too often I have to hammer away at my target for HOURS ( well, ok, not hours, but what seems to be) and then someone else will come up and zap them to kingdom come under my nose - hmph!.

I figure if I can have GPAC's instead - the most powerful my ship can carry next to the ID's, maybe it will be less of a bother, but each time I find a Boron Equipment Dock to flog the ID's at, I can't because the station already has its full quota. Whaddoido? I can't afford to buy a GPAC without flogging one or both the ID's.
Here I am sitting around in Kingdom End twiddling me thumbs wondering where to go next - then I thought, ah, the forum, that's where :D
mines the creaky little ship with the zimmer frame strapped on the back :)

nuqHm
x3

Post by nuqHm » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:08

Try an equipment dock of a race that doesn't produce IDs - you will be able to sell the IDs, Note - You won't be able to buy them back as they will disappear as soon as you complete the transaction.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:09

If you've got a crap ship - dump one of the IDs on it and sell the whole thing - although you'll make a loss doing it this way

for capping I use a Barracuda with 1 ID and 1 BHEPT, I switch the BHEPT off after a quick volley and usually get caps around 70% hull - I've even had a few that still had shields!

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Re: cant sell my ion disruptors

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:16

Gracie wrote:hello all :roll:

I would like to get rid of at least one of my ion disruptors as trying to capture pirate ships with them is just not yielding good results.
If I eventually DO get the ship it is hardly worth the bother of flogging it at the nearest shipyard, and too often I have to hammer away at my target for HOURS ( well, ok, not hours, but what seems to be) and then someone else will come up and zap them to kingdom come under my nose - hmph!.

I figure if I can have GPAC's instead - the most powerful my ship can carry next to the ID's, maybe it will be less of a bother, but each time I find a Boron Equipment Dock to flog the ID's at, I can't because the station already has its full quota. Whaddoido? I can't afford to buy a GPAC without flogging one or both the ID's.
Here I am sitting around in Kingdom End twiddling me thumbs wondering where to go next - then I thought, ah, the forum, that's where :D
likely prob- the equuipment dock already has a full stock of IDs.
Solution: Try Argon Prime.
Note; Id try one GPAC and one ID, this way you can hit the hull and the shields. Thats the loadout I used to cap my first Bayamon then I capped my way into tradeing from there.

Gracie
x3tc

Post by Gracie » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:23

ah, I don't have to go to the source race to flog the id's then... oh right, that widens the field, and yes, I will take the advice to keep one and use it with the GPAC and hope I become as successful as you :lol: thanks all :)
mines the creaky little ship with the zimmer frame strapped on the back :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 18:26

You can sell stuff at any equipment dock - it'll disappear from the station price list if the race in question doesn't stock that item though, so be sure you want to sell it!

BTW, Petersfield, Hants? I was at Mercury around 100 years ago :)

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 30. Oct 04, 20:06

I wouldn’t sell ships that have equipment on board, as you won’t get full value for money, sell equipment BEFORE selling the ship, that way you will make a better profit
=

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”