how do i get my ore drill too work

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bphillips299
x2

how do i get my ore drill too work

Post by bphillips299 » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 18:20

hi i would like to know how and which ship do i use for an ore drill . and is it also possible to move my factories to another sector . thanks for your time. :)

cynric
x2

Post by cynric » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 18:27

Split, Paranid and Teladi TS can equip the drilling device (like a weapon). You have to get really close to an asteroid then start shooting, it'll burst into smaller pieces which you can pick up using an ore collector.

Most (all?) TL can also equip the drilling device, but manouvering a TL into position is difficult and dangerous, I don't recommend it.

You can't move factories, you have to wait for the expansion for this (but it's unknown how this will work, e.g. if you will be able to move them to other sectors).

edit: there should be at least one mining guide in the "Guide to everything" stickied topic, you might want to look there for extensive information.

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 18:34

If you want to see which ships equip Mining lasers then take a gander here: Ship Table

Also search for mining guides here: Guides List

MAD_COMMANDER
x3ap

Post by MAD_COMMANDER » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 19:28

If you base your Station loops in the Unkown sector next to waiste lands then it is best to beat the crap out of the astariod infront of the gate as its slows your ships down and the start loosing shields when passing by... TL in there is a dffrant matter takes abit to manouver them round that F()king rock

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 19:49

MAD_COMMANDER wrote:If you base your Station loops in the Unkown sector next to waiste lands then it is best to beat the crap out of the astariod infront of the gate as its slows your ships down and the start loosing shields when passing by... TL in there is a dffrant matter takes abit to manouver them round that F()king rock
As a more intelligent alternative to blasting the asteroid, put a silicon mine on it. It reduces the asteroid down to a size that doesn't impede traffic through the gate, and you'll need it to support your factories in the unknown sector. Mostly ore asteroids in that sector.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NullAshton
x3tc

Post by NullAshton » Thu, 18. Nov 04, 00:03

Mining lasers are cheaper.
"Nothing is impossible." - Me

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu, 18. Nov 04, 03:25

Mining lasers are cheaper.
They are only a few thousands of credits apart. Besides, you'd have to be constantly blasting it over and over again.....

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Thu, 18. Nov 04, 08:49

cynric wrote:
Most (all?) TL can also equip the drilling device, but manouvering a TL into position is difficult and dangerous, I don't recommend it.
..When you get into mobile mining big time you will more than likely use a TL excusively....Once you have broken up your asteroid, use couple of transports to 'collect wares in sector',sit back and let them fill your hold..If you approach the Asteroid using an external side view on your monitor,then mining in a TL is no problem.....Don't use autopilot when getting close,just in case,easy as she goes :)
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”