TP Liners Bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

TP Liners Bug

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 13:41

Ok i was after a Split TP in my Split Mamba and i saved it just before i was to attack it (so u can ask for save if u want as it keeps happeneing).

Ok right i load it up (save) and i go at the TP full speed as its coming towards the gate i hypered to so i could intercept it, right i manage to get it and make it red so it wouldn't try to flee. Right now when im fighting it it is firing BUT not at me, its firing way off the other direction im in. Also when were in a high speed pursuit sometimes when im like 900m away and come round for a attack it sorta moves a bit sometimes and then suddeny drops to 1mph (whatever the speed vaules are it was 1).

Anyway this is really bugging me, cos what i was fine before the AL update on the downloads page (fighting wise) but the reason i got the update was cos when it was capured it kept going off doing weird things like it had its orginal AL liner settings re established EVEN when i was in the pilot seat. I mean first i made it dock at my Herc so i can hyper it to argon to repair it but once it docked and i docked with my herc and i was hyperspacing and it did dock it btw.

The ship suddenyl had a mind of its own and exited the herc while i was in count down i think and was heading to a nearby sector for some reason. It kept going off nevermind how many docking commands i gave it cos once it did the command it went off to do its own thing IT WAS POSEST (sp) i tell ya.

Was woundering if it can be fixed. Btw the Liner was fighting fine before the update and yes i installed it correctly as im a good computer user and know how to install stuff. Actually there aint much i don't know about computers. Oh and i updated it to 1.4 when 1.4 was released.

Please help.

Nithral
x3

Post by Nithral » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 17:58

Try reseting the Liners homebase setting. Its possible it might need this to help override the AL settings. This doesn't take away the actual prob, but it might make your life more easier. :D
'Infinite Possibility = Infinite Variation' (Or maybe even the possibilty of infinite nothing?)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 18:13

Tryed it straight away but didnt help at all.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 20. Nov 04, 13:24

The problem with TPs going off and doing their own thing after being captured was a well-known one. This was precisely the reason for releasing the AL update scripts that you downloaded, and hopefully they will have fixed that problem for you.

It is extremely unlikely that these scripts could cause problems with the combat so there must be some other issue. Try similar combat with a TP you have bought yourself, or try changing things with the captured TP for example upgrading the Engine Tunings. Also check that you don't have any other property in the area; if you do then the ship may have decided to attack that instead.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 21. Nov 04, 02:27

Thanks for the reply, since i put the AL update on i couldnt capture that ship in my save and after 15 or more trys at loading and trying to capture THAT ship i gave up and went about doing other things for awhile.

Btw the combat was when i was trying to capture it and any its really any spit TP liner i left it for ages and went back to try to captureing loads of split TP liners but the combat was all the same when i was trying to capture it.

Specially the droping speed to 1 alot and the firing off in the distance as when im fighting it i keep thinking the ship thinks its got 2 attackers which it doesnt cos theres no other ship in the vicinity. Btw cheers for the email informing me of your reply. ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”