XBTF questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

XBTF questions

Post by euclid » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:10

It's running fine now (using the 1.96/DX6 version) but I'm having lots of questions. Just a few:

(1) There seems to be no ships for sale. So how do you operate own stations?

(2) I got a strafe drive and an ecliptic projector - but how to activate them?

(3) You can't dock at the Goner Temple, ok, maybe part of the plot (I'm on my way to Chinn's Cloud to scan astroids), but is there a jump drive in
XBTF ?

Appeciate any hint which does not give away to much.

Cheers Euclid

The_Abyss
x3

Re: XBTF questions

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:18

euclid wrote:It's running fine now (using the 1.96/DX6 version) but I'm having lots of questions. Just a few:

(3) You can't dock at the Goner Temple, ok, maybe part of the plot (I'm on my way to Chinn's Cloud to scan astroids), but is there a jump drive in
XBTF ?

Appeciate any hint which does not give away to much.

Cheers Euclid
1) I'm struggling to remember, but there should be ships for sale in the shipyards. If not, you might order them from your station (I may have dreamed that though)

2) Strafe is same as now. Ecliptic projector is F5 I think (pressing H should give a key list although this may be incomplete)

3) No jumpdrive until X-T. Engine tunings are a must!

4) Argonopedia also covers x-btf :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:22

As a Vet of Xbft I will answer your questions
You most dock with each and every one
If different to X2 then I don’t know
XBTF ?
No

You can only save in side AI owned stations, if you haven’t figured that out, The X shittle is the only ship that you can fly

There is no Sector / universe map, so no global means of controlling your factories

Just in case you ever got around to asking those questions

Edit

I thought that the X shuttle was the only ship you can fly???? of though you could equip it with a 128MW shield (or two?) and can;t remember the max guns that it could carry
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
=

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:23

Thanks for the quick response. There are now ships for sale at Teladi (Seizewell), Boron (KE) , Argon (AP) and Paranid (PP) SY's. Also no hint on strafe drive/ecliptic projector in the help menue.

I'll check Argonopedia.

Funny bug: docking at any Paranid station the greetings are Split !!

Cheers Euclid

Edit: Thanks Matthewfarmery, so no remote trading or swapping ships, too bad. E.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:28

matthewfarmery wrote:As a Vet of Xbft I will answer your questions
If different to X2 then I don’t know
XBTF ?
No

You can only save in side AI owned stations, if you haven’t figured that out, The X shittle is the only ship that you can fly

There is no Sector / universe map, so no global means of controlling your factories

Just in case you ever got around to asking those questions

Edit

I thought that the X shuttle was the only ship you can fly???? of though you could equip it with a 128MW shield (or two?) and can;t remember the max guns that it could carry
edit
I misread the first question

Edit

sorry about this one, I don't know what happened
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
=

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:28

matthewfarmery wrote:As a Vet of Xbft I will answer your questions
Only for SPPs.

The X-shuttle has 2 laser mounts.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:32

euclid wrote:Funny bug: docking at any Paranid station the greetings are Split !!
You will find the greetings in the Split and Paranid stations are tranposed.
Somebody made a booboo. :)
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:42

Praefectus classis wrote:
euclid wrote:Funny bug: docking at any Paranid station the greetings are Split !!
You will find the greetings in the Split and Paranid stations are tranposed.
Somebody made a booboo. :)
well, the pirate ships in xt were also a bit mixed up, teladi pirate ships(pirate ships looking like a vulture) had teeladi in them, boron had boron, argon had argon, but split had paranits in them and paranid had split in them

and in x2 the split little shipyards(the ones that only sells ships, cant remember the name) has something mentioned in teh descrption about paranid, pretty sure this should be split mentioned =)

looking forward to see how split/paranid get mixed up in the return =)
(not sure if it's still a bug or just some sort of weird humour now)

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:45

Ships can be bought from the station menu once you've built it (except for SPPs. They just do their own thing, much easier than later games but less flexible. You can buy fighters and use them as wingmen, but they are slooow.

There is no jumpdrive so getting around is slow until you can afford engine tunings. This keeps you in one sector much more in the early game, and makes exploring more exciting.

You can ony fly the X-shuttle but it is super upgradable; 2x25Mw shields (same as destroyers), 2xGHEPT, Max speed over 400m/s, max cargo of 3000. Maxed out you can take on anything so long as you can avoid ramming.
Last edited by Rapier on Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:48

Thanks for all the hints. Looks like another long night ahead. :grin:

Cheers Euclid

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:51

to awnser the questions, most are awsered allready

1: The ships can be bought trough the factory, and the only way to set the faction parameters(max jumps, price, buy ships etc) you'll have to land at the station, then see what options you get, cant remember beyond that :p
Solar powerplants dont have an option for transporters, all other factorys do
If you want a fighter to watch your back, you'll have to buy one trough a station, then comm with the station and request a fighter. Ships bought will start at the shipyard where you bought the factory, so if you put a paranid station in a split sector it'll take a bit for it to get there.

2: strafe with right alt I think, and ecliptic projecvter with f5

3: might be a spoiler, so will get the spoiler tags around the awnser so you can choose if you want to read or not :p(select with mouse to read it if you want)
Spoiler
Show
you cant dock at the goner station, and there's no jumpdrive in x-btf(other then the one that got destroyed in test run that got you stranded in the first place)
hth

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 20:57

Rapier wrote:You can ony fly the X-shuttle but it is super upgradable; 2x25Mw shields (same as destroyers), 2xGHEPT, Max speed over 400m/s, max cargo of 3000. Maxed out you can take on anything so long as you can avoid ramming.
Spoiler
Show
I think you will find the cargo bay bay will go to a maximum of 1000 units, not 3000. The X shuttle in XBTF can fit up to 2 x 125MW shields, if you can find them. :wink:
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 23:22

Since i play XBTF every day i basicly know how it ticks

Do not use Argnopedia for info on XBTF in my experience its mostly wrong.

X Ship can ahve a max of 2 GHEPTS and they cost 692k each (ALot in XBTF terms)

It can buy and use 2 25MW shields but once you complete teh plot the Argon One gives you 2 125MW shields to kick some Xenon ass

Yes teh bug about Split and Paranid is annoying but oh well.

Ecliptic projector is F5

Im my experience you cannot buy Strafe Drive and im pretty sure its an XT onwards thing

You buy the ships from the factory. MAn its good to know that the ships you buy (Part from certain Boron ships) have real life aliens in them and arent automated ships (The borons tend to be automated. Looks liek they cant handle fighting :P )

Oh yes do whatever the ARgon One tells you to do you will get a nice surprise in teh Xenon Sector with the SPPS if you do it buy the book
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 23:25

hmm, might be a nice idear to put some spoilers in there legion, put the spoilers between [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] tags(but kill teh spaces ;))

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 23:42

Does it matter his most probz read teh Spoliers of evryone else so no need to do it again.

Besides how many people still play XBTF?

ANd if they do they normaly peopel liek me who ahve had it for many a year and knows how it ticks.
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 23:50

Praefectus classis wrote:
Rapier wrote:You can ony fly the X-shuttle but it is super upgradable; 2x25Mw shields (same as destroyers), 2xGHEPT, Max speed over 400m/s, max cargo of 3000. Maxed out you can take on anything so long as you can avoid ramming.
Spoiler
Show
I think you will find the cargo bay bay will go to a maximum of 1000 units, not 3000. The X shuttle in XBTF can fit up to 2 x 125MW shields, if you can find them. :wink:
Now you mention it, I agree. :D
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 03:19

Guys, this game rocks ! I do recommend to buy X-Gold.

I've placed my first station, a SI-mine in Chinn's Cloud. Was a scary moment when the Split unloaded my station because the launching ships look very much like Thargoids !

Now i'm on my 3rd roid scanner run. To bad that my board comp is low on mem and can't remember which roid I had scanned already.

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 12:14

I'm stuck and need a hint, please:

I'm supposed to scan the roids in Chinn's Cloud for unknown elements. I guess I've scanned many of them at least twice but I can't find the'one'.

Either it's far off the sector map or I'm just stupid and have missed it countless times.

Where is that roid :cry:

Cheers Euclid

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 16:05

it's not off the map, or at least it never was for me :p
one(pricy_ sollution would be blowing them all up so you're sure you dont miss any ;)
though it would cost a LOT

edit: forgot to mention, if you put a mine on "the one" there's no way of retreiving the contents of it anymore and you'll have to reload to before you put the mine on it ..

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 17:41

Mudkest wrote: ...... forgot to mention, if you put a mine on "the one" there's no way of retreiving the contents of it anymore and you'll have to reload to before you put the mine on it ..
I've placed 2 SI-mines on a 54 and a 64 yield roid. These two had only silicone, nothing else.

Spent another 2 hrs. scanning roids: nada.

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”