I don't like Ion Disruptors!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gandalf The White
x3

I don't like Ion Disruptors!!!

Post by Gandalf The White » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:28

Well actually, I do like them, but not used on me lol. A Pirate ship used 1 on me, it took out my shields in an instant!!! then he fired off a missile and guess what???!lol.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:33

Pirates with Ion D's? Lol, never saw that happen. That must have sucked.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:34

They've been using PSG's on me today. :)

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:48

I've been PSGed and IDed, and I didn't like either one bit. I have been a bit more careful about looking at the ship info of pirates before attacking them!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:52

It's always fun to run into one of these ships. :)

You go in thinking it's the same old easy fight- and before you know it your running away from the pursuing pirate with only 50% hull left on your ship thinking to yourself "What in the hell just happened?! :o "

Then you are a bit more cautious afterward, and you start scanning their equipment before you go in and attack... but eventually you forget and the cautiousness wears off- only to get nailed again later on. :)

evildude
x2

Post by evildude » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 21:53

It makes the thrill of the hunt so much better. I was in a m4 and had to deal with a PSG. Fun fight that was.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Sat, 18. Dec 04, 23:44

Aye, I was attacked by a Pirate with Ion Disrupters equipped a few days ago... It managed to destroy one of my shields & the Transporter Device in about 2 seconds..... Git.

--

Goldenus Gonadius

Titaniumplanck
x3ap

Post by Titaniumplanck » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 00:02

ive seemed to have been attacked by pirates with psgs and ionds... but then again i think anyone who attacks pirate stations would have!!!
if today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 00:25

Titaniumplanck wrote:ive seemed to have been attacked by pirates with psgs and ionds... but then again i think anyone who attacks pirate stations would have!!!
Actually, having dispossessed Pirate Bases around... 85 times now, I can only recall three occasions where I was assaulted with PSG's, and never by Ion's, only times I've encountered Ion's, is when encountering small groups on mindless rampages.

--

Goldenus Gonadius

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 00:28

your lucky last time I attacked a pirate base I was attacked by 4 of these little buggers 2 with Ions and 2 with PSG in 1 sitting :o

PowerTrip
x3tc

Post by PowerTrip » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 02:02

TD005013 wrote:It's always fun to run into one of these ships. :)

You go in thinking it's the same old easy fight- and before you know it your running away from the pursuing pirate with only 50% hull left on your ship thinking to yourself "What in the hell just happened?! :o "

Then you are a bit more cautious afterward, and you start scanning their equipment before you go in and attack... but eventually you forget and the cautiousness wears off- only to get nailed again later on. :)
Just when life gets a little dull you learn something new " I love :x2: " :lol: hahahahah
Live for Love. Strive for Peace. Fight for Freedom. Search for Truth. Shout for Justice. Look for Respect. Ask for Help. Pray for Wisdom. Allow for Change. Suffer for Nought. Die for Honor.

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 03:49

I never really notice pirates anymore, they just end up as flys on my oddy now.

rubberman
x4

Post by rubberman » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 05:03

TD005013 wrote:It's always fun to run into one of these ships. :)

Been there, done that! Hull repair time. :shock: Ouch!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 05:51

:o nothing like going after a mandaly in a M3 and getting a blast of APSG...
I think i've come across around 10 pirates carrying psgs, mostly freighters which makes for great fun in a Mako.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 10:22

I once attacked a Pirate Party with 1 Bayamon and 2 Orinoco´s in my Scorpion. Not much trouble if you are not there for capturing ships but it gets interesting when 1 of the Orinoco´s has 2 A-PSG's installed. :skull:

Cobraking001
x3

Post by Cobraking001 » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 11:27

dam why does tha tnot happen to me.

I fly around in my osprey everything dies to quicly, recently i having to jump in my nova to get some fun. Wish i could fly my m2 but it just to slow as soon as u turn seta on things start crashing into u :( so its imposible tog et anywhere quick

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”