Equipping a Titan w/ Gunnery script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jdm5000
x3tc

Equipping a Titan w/ Gunnery script

Post by jdm5000 » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 04:17

I saw this in a post yesterday and wrote it down, but I left it at work! (What ELSE would I be doing at work other than reading this forum??). Someone had a list of all the weapons to keep on your titan for optimum use.

I can't seem to find it with the search function otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you all with this again.

Could someone post the loadout or a link to the thread I'm talking about?

Thanks

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 15:26

Hi,

that was me, however after going over the script again I realised I made a mistake or 2 in following through the script logic; you actually need less weapons that I had originally posted:

Code: Select all

GPAC    9
GHEPT   9
APPC    3
BPPC    6
GPPC    9
Mass   18
IonD    9
APSG    9
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 16:19

I hand-picked the weapon configurations for the AI-controlled Argon, Boron, Teladi, and Xenon M1/M2s. Does that give you any ideas on where to look for good weapon loadout suggestions? :)
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 17:15

:gruebel: Hmmmm, hang on thinking :o err, hmmmm :gruebel: :gruebel: :headbang: :doh:

Yep, the answer is whatever you have the money for ow and the script author Reven :roll: :fg:

:D I'll just carry the max amount of best classed weapons that particular ship can carry, also seeing what other npc's ships have stored away but that's almost the same as asking :roll: .
Last edited by The_Tigers_Eye on Sun, 19. Dec 04, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Spark
x2

Post by Spark » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 17:15

@ Reven: No.

@ Frymaster: Why don't you explain for us, why you picked these weapons? Especially the amount of each? Thanks.

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 17:18

Spark wrote:@ Reven: No.

@ Frymaster: Why don't you explain for us, why you picked these weapons? Especially the amount of each? Thanks.
I can answer some of that, the amounts depend on the quantity the ship can carry for example the Titan can only equip amaximum of nine Ion D's whereas the Boron Destroyer can carry 18.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 20:40

this is the other thread you were referring to.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71469

Since these two topics are pretty much the same, I'm going to lock this one. Just continue the discussion and post in the other one.
Let me know if there are any problems with that.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 19. Dec 04, 22:26

This topic is getting the dreaded 'double-lock' :D
Not only locked because the topic was redundant, but also double-locked because from now on, all gunnery crews discussion should take place in the gunnery crews thread.

Count yourself fortunate jdm5000, not many forum users can boast of being double locked :D

Ok, the boilerplate lock reasons:
Please start posting all AEGIS / Gunnery Crew related questions and topics in the appropriate thread.
I realize the thread is long, but there's a lot to say about this topic.

Also, you may find relevant information being indexed in the plugin's FAQ.

It may seem like a royal pain to read through multiple pages on the topic, but this will make sure everyone has equal opportunity to find any issues that may have been previously dealt with, rather than having to search through multiple threads entitled 'I Have a Question About the Gunnery Crews' to get an answer to their question.
It's also extremely difficult for Reven and the moderating staff to try to keep track of on which thread which discussions are taking place. (not to mention the redundant Q&A going on)
I think it might make all of our lives a bit easier.
It will make it easier for Reven to answer questions in a timely manner and help prevent multiple instances of the same question occuring over and over again.
(and is guaranteed to make it so the Gunnery Crew thread doesn't need a sticky :))
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”