the lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpoonGuard
x2

the lottery

Post by SpoonGuard » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 12:50

has anyone evar actually ever won the lottery? no cheating, just pure chance, i always play, but have never won...one day though...

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 12:52

no
There less chance winning it as winning the proper lottery

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 12:55

No one has ever one. No one will ever win. You will never win. Save your money, or give it to the Goners charity box.

Dunners

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 12:58

Are people STILL asking this?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Thomas2052
x4

Post by Thomas2052 » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 13:34

There should be a sticky on topics like this which are asked at least once a week... eg the ore belt mission, xi weirdness and other stuff.
Older. Not wiser.

Tecnofreak
x3

Post by Tecnofreak » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 19:22

This has been discussed 100,00 times... it really is old now.

No one has proved they have won, some claim they have.
Sometimes a smile is all it takes to cheer a person. A hug does ten times more. But a laugh... that can change the world...

Kolohe
x4

Post by Kolohe » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 20:02

You do know that one of these days someone IS going to win. I wonder if Egosoft has some sort of prize lined up.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 20:15

Thomas2052 wrote:There should be a sticky on topics like this which are asked at least once a week... eg the ore belt mission, xi weirdness and other stuff.
It is already listed in the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/search/index.html?template=default&style=default.css][b]Li[/b]nk[b]Li[/b]st[/url]. I'm not sure that adding it to a sticky would help much. Evidence suggests that sticky threads are actually a good place to hide things you don't want people to read. ;)

MarkB
x3

Post by MarkB » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 20:42

Perhaps changing the name of the stickied threads to something like...

GET FREE STUFF HERE

might help, after all the info in them IS freely available.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 00:04

You might be on to something. ;)

pool_8rc_master
x2

Post by pool_8rc_master » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 05:58

Its like the burmuda triangle where is the screenshots to prove it :D

You know its prob. the goners running it. How else do they make money to "fund" their jumpdrive and transporter research. Donations i dont think so.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 06:25

You are buying the lottery tickets from some guy who put an add on the station bulliten board. Do you really think he did not make them with a ballpoint pen?
:lol:
But I have heard a rumor that there is code in the game for a "winning ticket" routine. :sceptic:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

ennokT
x4

Post by ennokT » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 07:47

I agree it's being run by the gonar and you can't win it .. they need to fund their secret projects some how! Since you lose gonor rep when you kill a ufo their obviously have something up their sleeves!!

Ennok

wilhil

Post by wilhil » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 09:02

if it simply takes the money then no of course you are not going to win!

if it now takes your ticket and really does a draw, then of course you are really unlikly to win, but when it comes down to it, if you buy it every single time then it may take you forever and you may not win, but now if every single person who has the game buys a ticket every single time, then theoretically somebody will win in the end, it will just take ages!

now then a good lottery script would be nice, that ran a real lottery, say every single hour of game time, and you get a incoming message saying the results, and you can actually pick your numbers each time, and make it purchase the ticket repeativly every single draw... but max of 1... i guess if someone has enough time that would be a nice script... but i have no idea how flexible the scripting is, I would like to experiment when i have more time!

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 10:18

To be honest, I would rather spend my time killing things and trdaing than buying lottery tickets.

Dunners

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”