Rar! Aegis for me!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Deleted User

Rar! Aegis for me!

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 11:46

Just when my enthusiasm for X2 was waning (only a little bit), I found a XI mission which gave me the remaining 20m creds I needed to buy the Aegis plugin :D :D :D

Now I just got to scour the X-Universe for gunners! I'm planting ASATs in all Argon sectors to try and help me track military transports (I don't have enough cash for an eqpt dock to order reports from), but has anyone thought of a better way of finding them?

I need 390 (I think) crew for my Phoenix - so 4 transports-full!
and I presume the ships I'm looking for are called "military transport blah"

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 12:11

The main thread for this plugin has the information you're looking for.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 12:16

Cheers

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 13:24

i have been looking at the relevant threads but cant find an answer to a little question.

ie. i have followed these troop transports and got ahead of them to their destinations, but they never seem to arrive and i never see the crews appear. Wot am i doing wrong.
I think therefore I am

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 14:36

please anybody ........ how do i hunt down these crews and hire them. see my previous reply
I think therefore I am

Midge
x4

Post by Midge » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 15:28

Military Personel are available for a *very* short time. If you're doing something else while sitting in the TS or EQD waiting, then you can easily miss them.
Custom X Galaxy - No plot means a more challenging start than X-Treme and no Mi Ton!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 15:42

I've just had the same thing, spotted an M/T ship approaching a trading station, jumped my Manta in ahead and docked there - got to the trading screen where it read, Military Personnel 0/1000 for a little while before going off the menu - so the transporter delivered a total of zero troops :)

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 22. Dec 04, 17:27

Please start posting all AEGIS / Gunnery Crew related questions and topics in the appropriate thread.
I realize the thread is long, but there's a lot to say about this topic.

Also, you may find relevant information being indexed in the plugin's FAQ.

It may seem like a royal pain to read through multiple pages on the topic, but this will make sure everyone has equal opportunity to find any issues that may have been previously dealt with, rather than having to search through multiple threads entitled 'I Have a Question About the Gunnery Crews' to get an answer to their question.
It's also extremely difficult for Reven and the moderating staff to try to keep track of on which thread which discussions are taking place. (not to mention the redundant Q&A going on)
I think it might make all of our lives a bit easier.
It will make it easier for Reven to answer questions in a timely manner and help prevent multiple instances of the same question occuring over and over again.
(and is guaranteed to make it so the Gunnery Crew thread doesn't need a sticky :))
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”