gunnery crew problem

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

redback
x3

gunnery crew problem

Post by redback » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 20:09

can anyone help with this problem. I have just down loaded this plugin but Im not sure how to use it. The word gunnery crew comes up in the command console, but it will not lightup like the other wording above. What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do. how do I get the gun crew for my titon, you cant dock that at trading stations only shipyards.
please help.
Last edited by redback on Thu, 6. Jan 05, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 20:12

• This would be better asked in the Scripting Forum where there is an extensive topic on it. 8)
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 21:39

To answer in short...

You need to hire some actual gunnery crew. Cruise around Argon space until you discover a ship with a name like "Military Transport ###". Target it, hit "I" to see it's Info and use Page Down to view its destination. Use jumpdrive to get there ahead of it, then dock and wait for it to arrive.

Once it has arrived you can "buy" a number of trained gunnery crew. How many you get is random, but goes down the longer you leave between the transport docking and you hiring the crew.

Once you have sufficient crew you will be able to use the new command. The number of crew needed depends on the class of ship and in some cases the Race. An Argon Nova needs just one man to man its little turret, M6's need 5 per turret iirc, bigger ships need more.

For full details read the gunnery crew readme .PDF which will be in a folder "Readme/lieber-something german" in the X2 game folder.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”