SQUASH MINES & RACE REPUTATION

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mattremote
x3

SQUASH MINES & RACE REPUTATION

Post by Mattremote » Fri, 7. Jan 05, 18:12

Has anyone noticed whether the destruction of an AI ship by player owned and activated squash mines cause a result to Race Reputation? How about with player Laser Towers destroying AI ships?

I have been accumulating lots of Squash Mines and Laser Towers at my Equipment Dock and in one of its' "Storage" Dolphins, and now I have a hankering to use them! If nobody else has noticed a result, I'll give it a shot and report back.

stu25

Post by stu25 » Fri, 7. Jan 05, 18:47

Everything you do directly or anything that your ships/mines/lasertowers do has an impact on the game, race rankings etc. Apart from your combat rank which only you can affect. So yes if your lasertower attacks an AI ship then you will lose race points, far less than if you destroy it yourself though.

Actually, mines Im not sure about as they have no friendly/foe recognition, I dont know whether they are classed as yours for this purpose. Anybody?
RIGHT ON COMMANDER!

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Fri, 7. Jan 05, 19:45

Well since your own mines shows up as blue on the map, I am possible that if any ship gets close enough to, it will explode and your reace relation will go down.

Rnett
x2

Post by Rnett » Fri, 7. Jan 05, 20:44

I've lost race ranking because of mines (I owned).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”