UFO - Unknown Objec?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sascha Tausend
x2

UFO - Unknown Objec?

Post by Sascha Tausend » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 16:15

Has anyone of you ever seen the UFO, looks like one from the 1960 movies and aparently can be captured, i blew it to spacedust accidently but the message log showed that the pilot ejected.

Is it any good? Is is just an easter egg?

Sascha

Kerrdles
x3

Post by Kerrdles » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 16:25

Yep see them every now and again travelling through sectors. Never heared of them capturable before though.

Sascha Tausend
x2

Post by Sascha Tausend » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 16:32

I was surprised myself. I am currently piloting a Boron Barracuda wit 2xBHEPT and i intercepted the UFO in Priest's Pity comming from Split fire. I was not sure how strong it was so i fired one salvo of about 5 shots to get it's attention, but it immediately exploded. And i heard what can be described as a human screaming :o.

I guess one shot would have been enough.

First i thought, ok, it's probably not captureable but when i went to the message log it clearly stated that an unknown Pilot ejected and that i destroyed my unknown ship.

I want that ship so bad, but unfotunately after re-loading it did not appear again, so now i am searching like crazy for another one...

Cheers,

Sascha

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 16:57

They are not capturable but by killing them you will lower your rating with the Goners.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 17:00

I have never seen one of this disc shaped UFO's but i have seen wot looked like a metallic sphere travelling at approx 900. it was at the start of the game and i only had a Disco so i could not follow it. I have never seen another but keep looking.

anyone seen one of these metallic spheres?
I think therefore I am

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 17:08

On the Gravidar the UFO appears as an Goner ship. On the X-map they fly the following path:

Menelaus Frontier-Ministry Of Finance-Barren Shores-Sacred Relic-Interworlds-Black Hole Sun-Xenon 472-Shareholders Fortune-Family Whi and again Menelaus Frontier. I once followed one for a couple hours, went bored and let it go.

Chazz.

Sascha Tausend
x2

Post by Sascha Tausend » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 17:50

True, they appear as Goner ships, green on radar.

I am not going to argue with Al, the capture Guru :) , just wondering why i got the messages in my log...

Too bad, i would have loved to fly around in that thing, put on a hat with two antennas sticking out and a green suit.

Sascha

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 18:00

If you had attacked a khaak ship you could get the same message. If not then I guess its just a bug. No-one has ever captured one and a lot of people have tried. You are welcome to give it a shot if you think you have a chance ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 19:00

Even if you script one in it is taken straight out of your control.

Its just a pretty easter egg and pretty damn useful if you put a peggy to follow it!
Map out every sector mucho quicko with little work from yourself, great after a restart.

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 19:58

1. Its just a harmless Goner Ship without weapons.
2. It cannot be bought, paid for, yes, bought, no.
3. It cannot be scripted to belong to you.

-mpp-
x2

Post by -mpp- » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 20:14

Al, Khaak ships can be captured as the same way as pirates or any other flying objects.

I succeed to cature Kha'ak light fighter (3k shields, 1k hull, 3K weapons)
allthought i never found suitable weapon to fit into it. 1MW shield suited anyway. Max speed is around 540 m/s but most of the other information is still ???

This gives the conclusion that those small UFO's can be captured too but you need fast and not so efficient weapon system to parbeque the pilot out of the ship. When they loose their weapons and shields the eject.

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 20:56

unknown enemy ships can only take "unknown object" as weapons.

Khaak ships take Kyon emitters. BKyon goes on KM3s and AKyon goes on KM1.

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 22:58

Hmmm....capture capture capture...

If any of you played X-Tension, you'll remember something very interesting...the UFO's were there too weren't they?
I seem to remember they were capturable in X-tension.
The reasonable thing to assume would be that if most of the things are the same from X-Tension to X²...well...some differenses...then perhaps the UFO is the same as well?
I accidentally blew one of those UFO's away as well..wasn't trying to capure it...I though it was one of the Khaak fighters I was shooting at...flew right through the battle zone...and I nailed it with my Ion D's...well...One Ion D and a Beta HEPT...the shields went down...the ship went blue ...and then the ship really went blue when it exploded.
I also got the " Unknown object left ship. Unknown ship now belongs to warchild.....
" Unknown ship destroyed by Dragon....."
You get the picture.
So...I can only say two things.
One....
The UFO is very capturable...but its a very weak ship and it will explode with high powered weapons. ..in other words...Death through superior fire power.
Two....
There is a glitch that shows the ship being captured, logged as being captured...but is actually uncapturable and explodes for this reason.

There were alot of people that thought you couldn;t capture a UFO in X-Tension until someone actually did it...or was that a cheat they made?

Anyhow....
I'm not relly sure what to think about it.
I know that the ship has no weapons...at least it looks that way.
It shows up as a Goner ship on the gravidar...not really likely to have weapons...especially when you ice them, the rep with the Goners goes down hill fast...probably a goner in disguise.

So...are they capturable???
I have no clue. It looks like they might be...then again...they seem to be really really frail ships...would you really want to have one?.
I think they might be an M5 class ship.
Does raise some really good questions though.
Of course..people really aren't suppose to be able to capture Khaak ships until they reach a certain rank...but...there's that little bug with that letting you do it before theachieved rank.
Cheers
Not really sure.
WHo would know....probably Apoch.
SO...if you ask him really nicely...he might tell you...just make sure he's had his coffee first :P
Cheers
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 01:46

Even if you could capture the UFO, there's no cockpit id listed for it in the Tships file which brings me to my point;
How are you going to fly a ship that has no cockpit?

Some other ships without cockpits include:
Xenon M0
Xenon TL
Xenon TS
Khaak M0
Earth M1
Earth TS
as well as the various drones, spaceflies, etc.
You haven't flown any of these have you. :D

The above ships are listed in the Tships file but aren't necessarily in the game.

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 05:26

In my current game I have four peggies following ufo's.(infestation)None of these ships have any shields.Ihave learned this much about them;
No shields.
Can't capture,only kill.
Killing one upsets the Goners.
They just wander around the X-Universe aimlessly.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 13:08

This is all very interesting but has anyone seen one of the mettalic spheres i mentioned earlier.

I really want to find someone else who has seen one just so that i know i didn't imagine it.

anyone?????
I think therefore I am

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”