What do the slaves do? And how can i get a gunner crew?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Platty
x3

What do the slaves do? And how can i get a gunner crew?

Post by Platty » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 18:43

In the pirate bases they are selling slaves, what do they do?

Also, how can i get a gunnercrew?

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 18:45

All saves do is boost your profitssss while the gunnery crew i think you just buy like any other ware in equipment docks but i havent got the script so i wouldnt know

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 19:06

They flee for their freedom to the nearest station in the same sector. They are astronaut at this point! If you pick them up like any other ware, you can sell them to the pirates. Beware, you do need a TP or a Cargo Life Support upgrade aboard your ship or a new "carwash".

The military personal can be hired at any Trading Station or Equipment Dock, however there are not much trained crews so they dont stay long for hire. Get a Manta with a Transporter Device and Jumpdrive. If you see a supply-craft, check his destination and send your Manta to it to await him. Just be very fast.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 19:15

Just for the heck of it, i was planning to activate that gunnery script and maybe equip one Osprey with some PSG/HEPT etc guns and some gunnery crew, just to mess up with the Xenons a bit when i'm off building/tweaking fabs. Is this viable? Or they are only useful on M1/M2's? Don't have any M1/2's yet, too busy with fab-bing.

Chazz.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 21:21

If you want to spend a 54million upgrade on a 16million ship, by all means.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 21:26

Graaf, its not a matter of cash, its a matter of viability. I want to know how good they are on the Osprey. like i said: just for the heck of it: pure fun, no profit(sssss).
Well??

Chazz.

P.S. I'm NOT talkin' about the AEGIS.Just plain gunnery gruntz.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 21:30

Graaf wrote:If you want to spend a 54million upgrade on a 16million ship, by all means.
And what's so wrong with that - I installed AEGIS in my Iguana, purely for the missile defence options...

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 21:43

Just installed AEGIS on all my unarmed TS. And now i'll go and stuff up my drones and Navsats with AEGIS. AAAND i am working on a script, so i can finaly load my guns with cash!

No, serious dude... what the hell ist missiledef good for on your Iguana? You are faster than any rocket that could harm you.
Have fun: Gala Do.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 22:02

Ghalador wrote:what the hell ist missiledef good for on your Iguana?
To be honest it isn't any good at all - it simply didn't work :(, I guess because it's not an Argon ship. I installed it as a 'just in case' idea & anyway, sometimes I do slow down (e.g. to hide in a blind spot when taking on Xenon K's). It's still there in case a future update of the script makes it work with this ship.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”