AEGIS package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trevelvis
xr

AEGIS package

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 01:46

I have just installed the all in one package but I am a bit confused with the AEGIS bit of it. Do I need to buy this for my ships and if so where and also do you need to own a Equipment Dock to get personnel for it. Sorry if this is simple questions but havent played for a while and a bit rusty Thanks

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 01:50

There is a readme included with the package. You will find it in the /Readme-Liesmich directory. Please take a moment to read it. All of your questions will be answered.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 01:55

sorry I read it twice and still couldnt work out these things so I asked them here. I will read them again to see if I am missing something as dont want to waste anyones time. My main question is really ?? Do you need to own your own ED to be able to recruit personnel for the turrets or is there another way to recruit ???

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 03:15

You dont need to buy the AEGIS package, but if you don't you will lose the Millitary Personels that you hire overtime. You need those to man the turrets. (Correct me if I am wrong, I am new to this AEGIS thing too).
No you don't need to own an Equipment dock to get the MPs, but owning one will give you the list of all the transports, their current location, and their destination, which would make the job of finding them a lot easier (for the price tag of 50MM :-)).

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 05:22

The AEGIS purchasable upgrade adds extra commands. You will need the crew (MP) to activate the turret commands whether you add the extra AEGIS upgrade or not.
You will slowly lose more crew than are necessary to man your ship's turrets.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 14:46

Sorry eventually found another FAQ through some threads but the FAQ readme didnt answer that. Thanks for your time

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 19:04

vincet is fairly wrong on this. Crew that might be needed to man turrets on a ship are NEVER removed, it is only extra ones.

AEGIS is entirely optional (as mentioned in the readme), but will increase the effectiveness of the action stations command, as well as adding several additional commands.
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 00:14

frymaster wrote:vincet is fairly wrong on this. Crew that might be needed to man turrets on a ship are NEVER removed, it is only extra ones.

AEGIS is entirely optional (as mentioned in the readme), but will increase the effectiveness of the action stations command, as well as adding several additional commands.
I thought I read somewhere that if the AEGIS is not installed, you would lose the crew overtime. Of course, with AEGIS installed, any crew in excess of what is needed will be lost too.

Think of it as:
No AEGIS = crew needed = 0
With AEGIS, crew needed = 90 (M2)

So without Aegis, you would lose the crew overtime, because you are over the limit.

But of course I could be entirely wrong.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 00:17

nope.
the only reason you will ever lose crew is if you have more than your ship needs.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”