How do u use the spacefly collector?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Natace
x3

How do u use the spacefly collector?

Post by Natace » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 07:38

how do i use the spacefly collector, i have bought one and realised how much spaceflies are to sell and how good they are to sell, and i also constantly seem to run into large groups of them, whilst never having a collector, now how do i actually collect them?

The_T
x3

Post by The_T » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 07:44

you also need an ion disruptor. whenever you see them, zap them with the IonD, and then scoop them up like you would normal cargo; ie. press o to open your cargo bay and fly into them.

Natace
x3

Post by Natace » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 07:48

thanx heaps, im glad now that i know why i cant catch them, lol, i just picked up a whole bundle in a hidden crate neway, thanx.

Natace
x3

Post by Natace » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 08:19

Hello, again, i have just bought myself a boron ship, that can hav two ion disruptors on it, i forget wat its called already.
Neway, i managed to actually go capture some flies, but it takes forever, it is very very annoying that when u zap the flies u have to collect them individually, and ontop of that, when u hava heap in the one area and u capture one, while the others are zapped, u hav to wait until the dialog finishes saying that u hav collected a spacefly, then u have to re-open your cargo bay to get the next one which flies off if u dont zap it neway, so basically its hard just to get 2 spaceflies in the swarm.

Is there anyway that u can leave your cargo bay open and remain to have it open even after u collect an object?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 08:23

I know what you mean, that whole cargo bay closing up is annoying for anyone wanting to do fast pickups... I wish I could LOCK IT OPEN WITH A CROWBAR when I'm in a safe situation and picking up multiple items...

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 21:43

Can you order a 2nd ship to do the collection instead? Just wondering, never tried spacefly collection before, but ordering one or more ships to do the collection is what I do when I collect nividium/silicon/ores.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 21:48

Natace wrote:Hello, again, i have just bought myself a boron ship, that can hav two ion disruptors on it, i forget wat its called already.
Neway, i managed to actually go capture some flies, but it takes forever, it is very very annoying that when u zap the flies u have to collect them individually, and ontop of that, when u hava heap in the one area and u capture one, while the others are zapped, u hav to wait until the dialog finishes saying that u hav collected a spacefly, then u have to re-open your cargo bay to get the next one which flies off if u dont zap it neway, so basically its hard just to get 2 spaceflies in the swarm.

Is there anyway that u can leave your cargo bay open and remain to have it open even after u collect an object?
No, it has to do with the physical nature of your cargo hold. Only the cargo bay is in 'realspace'. The cargo hold itself is in sub-space, which is why you can add cargo capacity to your ship without physically seeing it externally.

So when you pick up something in your cargo bay, it then has to be transferred to the sub-space cargo hold before you can pick up something else. To make the transfer, the cargo bay doors must be closed to prevent disruption of the sub-space field. Otherwise, big BOOM! :P

VincentTH wrote:Can you order a 2nd ship to do the collection instead? Just wondering, never tried spacefly collection before, but ordering one or more ships to do the collection is what I do when I collect nividium/silicon/ores.
No. Just like the secret cargo containers in stations, spaceflies can't be targeted. Therefore, AI ships can't pick them up. Besides, spaceflies do not stay stunned. If you don't keep blasting them, they'll wake up, and if they do, they'll damage your ship if you try to pick them up.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 21:59

Alright, thanks Nanook. It is good to know. May be when I restart the game (for the 5th time) I will go Space Fly hunting :-)

stu25

Post by stu25 » Fri, 21. Jan 05, 01:21

The Ion Ds leave a 'trail' of spaceflies, so if you fly slower and keep firing, you can follow the chain for 5 or 6 sometimes. They hang around asteroids as well in case you didnt know.
RIGHT ON COMMANDER!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”