Cockpits and Fighter/Bombers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FrozenIceman
x3

Cockpits and Fighter/Bombers

Post by FrozenIceman » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 00:20

Just wondering will each ship type have its own unique cockpits this time? personally I'd like to have a ship with its own cockpit, for me it allows me to identify with that specific ship better if it's cockpit is different then the next kind of ship.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't been on the boards in several months.
Last edited by FrozenIceman on Thu, 3. Feb 05, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 00:23

I'm not really sure i hope so though, as its kinda boring at the moment with all the cockpits the same

:(

But we'll see :P
Ben

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 01:02

That was one part of the game alot of people were dissapointed in. I myself had expected unique cockpits but if they haven't added them then it's not the end of the world. All the other improvements more than make up for that.

Neil

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 09:10

Typically each race's cockpit for a class of ship are the same. Exceptions are the Xenon, Khaak and possibly the Goner.

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 10:39

Each ship type does have its own unique cockpit, apart from TL, M2 and M1. I admit the ship type between races is the same, but its like selling cars. If you are going to sell cars in the Uk you make sure they are right hand drive. Maybe the species are ensuring the cockpit has been adapted for you.

Dunners

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 13:11

it would be nice to have your passanger in the cockpit while doing taxi runs.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 23:03

Dunners wrote:Each ship type does have its own unique cockpit, apart from TL, M2 and M1. I admit the ship type between races is the same, but its like selling cars. If you are going to sell cars in the Uk you make sure they are right hand drive. Maybe the species are ensuring the cockpit has been adapted for you.

Dunners
So you're saying that every sedan has the same interior as every other sedan, every SUV the same exact dashboard as every other SUV. I don't think so! While the basic controls are all similar, there are huge variations in design and placement of most everything else. A ship's cockpit, just like a car's interior, distinguishes that vehicle from all others. X-T, for example, had a different cockpit for each and every ship, not just ship-type. No reason, except time, that X2TR can't, as well.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

FrozenIceman
x3

Post by FrozenIceman » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 00:09

... Just because I think a few people are missunderstanding my question... What I ment, for instance was that the Argon m5 Cockpit should look different then the Split or Boron m5 cockpits. Personally I think that the Discoverer cockpit should look different then the Pegasus... Like I said before I haven't been on the boards for a wile and I haven't played X2 since the 1.3 patch... So does anyone know if there are going to be different cockpits?

You know what might be interessting like Nanook said would be being able to change around the the gadges and displays. Maybe incorporate something new... maybe some kind of engine sensor so that when when your engine get's hit is starts flashing very very rapidly... Or maybe something more usefull, a seperate display that's soul purpose is to display everything you picked up how massive it is... the works, I know it would be kind of redundent because you can just scroll through several windows and get to it, but it adds more of a personalized touch to it.

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 00:12

No one knows if the Cokcpits have changed as it's not been announced yet.

I wouldn't expect a change from how it is no though,

Neil

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 00:35

I'd like for the cockpits to be unique too. IT would add some variety to the game and maybe some extra stuff on the cockpit.

lestabantam
x3tc

Post by lestabantam » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 01:12

I would like to see different cockpits. When I bought my second big ship (orca, first was a herc,) I was very disapointed tofind the cockpit was the same. It just lacks depth. The station interiors are superb for adding that feeling of depth to the game, I'd love all the cockpits to be different.

I'd also love to see a decent range of ashtrays in the cockpits.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 01:22

lestabantam wrote: I'd also love to see a decent range of ashtrays in the cockpits.
You mean for all the spaceweed you've been smoking while flying? Glad I'm not in your X-Universe. :P :rofl:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

FrozenIceman
x3

Post by FrozenIceman » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 06:11

You know there is also another thing to consider, this isn't quite cockpit related but it still has to do with the M3,M4. and M5's. Maybe the speed should be readjusted? Because it was kind of humiliating at least for me haveing my fully equiped Nova outrun by the Argon M2. My Bomber couldn't even catch the capship, and since I can't catch it what use is a bomber? I think that speeds of these ships should be readjusted to allow more of a fighter/bomber vs capship role.

Of course this could have been changed in 1.4 since I haven't played 1.4 yet...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”