INVALID CDKEY after v1.4 + bonus pack update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

jabb0
x2

INVALID CDKEY after v1.4 + bonus pack update

Post by jabb0 » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 17:14

I have just downloaded and installed the patch for version 1.4, and the bonus material for registering your game...

Now when i start X2 i get asked to enter my CDKEY, which i do, and it then says that i do not have a valid CDKEY!!!

I can assurer i do have a game bought in good faith with manual with the sticker on the back and 2 key codes and i am entering the right one correctly, this is extremely frsutrating as there is nothing i can do but re-nstall the game without all these lovely new features....
what do i do????
PLEASE HELP

jabb0
x2

Post by jabb0 » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 17:24

And as for sending and error report, i do not have an "Information" button, WTF is that all about?

Looks like a reinstall if i want to play my game, as i have read it can take 2 days to get a new cdkey, man this is so dissanpointing!!!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 17:31

That is odd, if your manuel comes with two codes on the back I assume you have the UK version? this maybe a silly question but are you installing the right patch? it should be the UK / euro version 1.4, however if that is correct what about installing the patch first from a clean install, and try again

Edit
Have you tried doing everything in the sticky at the top of the screen?
=

jabb0
x2

Post by jabb0 » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 17:45

oops, I have the austrailian patch for an english game...

Thanks for pointing that out, :oops:

I am now downloading the right language, and hopefully wihin the hour i will be building my empire again.

I really hope this works!!!!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 18:29

If you still have problems then please post again, but if you now have the correct patch then the CD key should now work, keep me update I hope you can now enjoy the game
=

agnag
x2

Post by agnag » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 18:35

I HAVE DOWN LOADED THE NEW 1.6 PATCH AND I CAN NO LONGER USE JUMP DRIVE WHEN I WANT TO I NOW HAVE TO WAIT FOR COUNT DOWN TO FINISH WHY BY THEN ITS TO LATE IVE BE BLOWEN UP OR I HAVE LOST MY WHERES IN ANOTHER SECTOR :evil:
life is not a rehersall so i enjoy what i can

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 21:23

There is no 1.6 patch, the final version is 1.4. Assuming this is the one you have then the Jumpdrive countdown functions as designed.

Zanzubaa
x3ap

Post by Zanzubaa » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 17:45

Yeah ive got the exact same problem. My key worked fine until I upgraded to 1.4 and the bonus stuff. Now it asks for a cd-key. I do not get the button to send an error report so I took the cd out and used that error report instead, attaching it to my email with my cd-key.

I even installed a dodgy cracked exe so I could play the game in the mean time (well wtf do they expect) but I get the random hull damage thing going on so thats out of the question.

Guess I will have to go play half-life 2 instead which I got the same time, they use copy protect that allows those that have bought the game to actually play the game u c :evil:

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 20:24

That maybe because you installed the wrong version, what version is your game Zanzubaa before the patch?
=

Zanzubaa
x3ap

Post by Zanzubaa » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 21:00

I patched it right after I installed it so I think it was version 1.2 and I patched it to 1.4.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 21:01

Zanzubaa wrote:Yeah ive got the exact same problem. My key worked fine until I upgraded to 1.4 and the bonus stuff. Now it asks for a cd-key. I do not get the button to send an error report so I took the cd out and used that error report instead, attaching it to my email with my cd-key.

I even installed a dodgy cracked exe so I could play the game in the mean time (well wtf do they expect) but I get the random hull damage thing going on so thats out of the question.

Guess I will have to go play half-life 2 instead which I got the same time, they use copy protect that allows those that have bought the game to actually play the game u c :evil:
Firstly, yes the other post was deleted - there's not need to post the same thing twice.

Secondly, using a cracked exe is illegal and promotes piracy of the game. Do not bring this up again - if you do you will risk having your account suspended.

From what you have said, if you had searched the solution would be fairly simple. You have installed the wrong update. Your game is version 1.3 - you need just the UK 1.4 update. What you have done is to install another region's version - probably the US one and this has corrupted the game and the copy protection.

Now, you must uninstall the game, reinstall and then install the correct 1.4 update.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Tragos
x2

Post by Tragos » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 10:49

I had the same problem using a US 1.3 version and installing 1.4 for Uk , you dont realy have to re-install (or at least thats what i did) , just copy the x2.exe from your cd and paste it into your game directory replacing the 4MB x2.exe , then you can install the correct update over it.

Zanzubaa
x3ap

Post by Zanzubaa » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 17:44

Yeah cheers for that. Got it working in the end.

Just reinstalled and applied the same patches and this time it worked fine. Probably my system just messing around. I used a program to delete some add ware stuff from my registry and it could have deleted some of the x2 reg data to.

Coll game, look forward to building my super empire and killing loads of pirtes :)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”