Slaves - lifesupport question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Slaves - lifesupport question

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 20:39

I was (probably mistakenly) under the impression that if you are storing slaves somewhere, e.g. a ship! that the ship had to have lifesupport. Now, that's normally true when you pick them up... I've transferred one into another ship that doesn't have lifesupport and the poor blighter is just sitting parked in a station...

So let me get this straight... the lifesupport system cryogenically freezes them for transfer to another ship??

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 21:17

I think that if they are parked in a station, the game doesn't check to see if you have a cargo life support facility.
Try taking that ship out though, and instead of 1 slave you'll have 140lb of raw hamburger :twisted:

Creston

Argo_PD
x3

Post by Argo_PD » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 21:18

i think the cargo lifesupport is like the space fly collecter in that it lets u pick them up but u don't need it to store them
Niggard Industries. Defending the wealth

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 21:19

I believe you need the life support system to be able to capture them and store the min your cargo hold. Once in your cargo hold you should be able to transfer your slaves into other TSs that do not have a lifesupport system.

If you do not have a life support system installed, and you tried to capture a slave, I believe the slave will just "die" on impact with your ship.

Similar to mobile mining where you need an ore collector to pick up ore and silicon. Without it they will just take damage when they bounce off your ship, and take damage.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 23:18

jaguarskx wrote:I believe you need the life support system to be able to capture them and store the min your cargo hold. Once in your cargo hold you should be able to transfer your slaves into other TSs that do not have a lifesupport system.

If you do not have a life support system installed, and you tried to capture a slave, I believe the slave will just "die" on impact with your ship.

Similar to mobile mining where you need an ore collector to pick up ore and silicon. Without it they will just take damage when they bounce off your ship, and take damage.
It does just smears. once you have the cargobay life support, it is only needed to capture, NOT store. Trust me, slaving is my bread and butter :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”