AEGIS weapon system

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gymy5
x3

AEGIS weapon system

Post by gymy5 » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 20:13

ive just forked out on that 54million aegis weapon system.... how do i get the military personel.... i have my own equipment dock and ordered a military personel report..... it informed me of transport ships in certain sectors... when i jump there.... they arent there.. am i doin something wrong.... how do i get the personel to operate the weapon system? im flying a paranid M2 if its important

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 20:33

I had to get my Military personnel before I owned an Equipment Dock so it was harder. But with the personel report it should be much easier just look where they are going to dock at and have a TP with cargo life support ready to dock at that place just before the ship docks go into the trade with station with your TP and Military Personnel will appear and buy them but be quick as they disaapear quick also if you save your game just before you can re load if you dont get enough appear . You need 90 for a Odi as I did . It can take a while to get them though

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 21:42

OK so you can afford this wonderfull upgrade... so you can afford to try this.
buy a couple of millions worth of TP's or TS's park one in each tradding station and equipment dock in argon space. then check each sector on your map and look for the transports... when you find one, check its destination and follow it on the map, just before it docks go to your TP/TS in that station, then get the trading screen and wait for the Military Personal to show... then buy QUICKLY!!!

Personally i find that the reports are just a waste of money!
But this method works easily for me.
Also NOTE: it will take a few hours to get enough Personal to operate a large ship (120 for a M2 for example)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 21:47

Does anyone know, do the gunnery personel just disappear or are the NPC ships coming to get them?

If so maybe they won't go so quickly after some time has passed.
:?
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

gymy5
x3

Post by gymy5 » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 21:48

so when im looking for these transport ships... what am i looking for exactly... do they have a typical callsign.... such as military transport..... or do they have a specific registration.... such as "MTP"?

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 23:24

I think as an example the transporter name (on the sector map screen) is something like:

MT/123 Military Transport

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 01:57

Does anyone know, do the gunnery personel just disappear
YES... and very quickly
or are the NPC ships coming to get them?
NO... at least not yet?

reklats
x2

Post by reklats » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 07:46

ok ive a silly question ive got the aegis software on my 2 titans and oddy so far but ... wat differance does it make with these personel ? seen a lot of posts in here but not really paid much attention the ships seems to fight ok as they but do they improve with some little fella`s then ???
aftersales .... what aftersales

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”