doing lots of TP Tour missions. Making it easy for myself

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

duriel
x3tc

doing lots of TP Tour missions. Making it easy for myself

Post by duriel » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 22:29

I intend to do lots of Tour or Lifetimes in my game.

I have a pegasus and fly it between trading stations looking for missions and then moving my Manta to that station when i find one i can do. this takes time as the Manta is pretty slow.

I could save up and get a jumpdrive for it to save time moving it between sectors but this would still mean wait.

My main question is how many sectors have trading stations in them and would it be worth buying a manta for each of them to save time.

this would mean i could arrive in a station and do a Tour without a delay;

Neil

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 22:45

Every non-Pirate sector has a trading station, so you're going to need 110 TPs to put one in every station. You WILL eventually make money that way, but that's a pretty massive outlay.

On the other hand, I'm tempted to do the same myself to make sure I get military personnel...

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 22:55

i want to save time moving the ship to teh correct location. i know i can make over 1 million a sector in the end so i can easily make money in the end.

It'll be worth it in the end i'm sure.

neil

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 23:37

I made sooo much off of those early in the game...

Selling the passengers as slaves to pirate bases :twisted:

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 02:49

I just carry one of every type of TP in my Zeus when I'm mission hunting in-sector. I try the fastest ship first and work my way down the speeds until I have a TP that will take everyone.

Its a good idea to find trading stations in sectors close to pirate sectors because the bonuses start to really crank up the mission payout.

I just did a quickie in a Manta while I was making my tea. Cho's Defeat to PTNI HQ (almost got to Scale Plate Green). No bonuses. Still got 1.8 million credits for it.

Best one I ever did was a 10 million credit mission (500k per sector) with three bonus events (2 spaceflies and 1 Pirate Sector). I was planning to dip my toe into the Xenon sector down there for a bonus but the mission time ran out.

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 11:18

Forget putting a Manta in every station.....Buy an Iguana,equip it with G PACS,Ion D's a Jumpdrive and take your punters on a real 'Tour of a Lifetime'....Plus the Iguana has a speed of 308 M/S,the Manta only 216...
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 13:22

Lord Hachiman wrote:Forget putting a Manta in every station.....Buy an Iguana,equip it with G PACS,Ion D's a Jumpdrive and take your punters on a real 'Tour of a Lifetime'....Plus the Iguana has a speed of 308 M/S,the Manta only 216...
The trouble is, the TOALT missions dont say how many passengers are waiting. An Iguana rarely has enough space. A Manta has the most so it follows that it would be the best ship for the job.

I try to see if my Hermes will fit them all in before falling back on the Manta though.

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 13:31

Greyhawk1 wrote:Best one I ever did was a 10 million credit mission (500k per sector) with three bonus events (2 spaceflies and 1 Pirate Sector).
You get abonus for pirate sectors? Damn! I never knew that. I found the spacefly one though. Are there any other events that trigger special payments?

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 13:45

RPEH wrote:
Greyhawk1 wrote:Best one I ever did was a 10 million credit mission (500k per sector) with three bonus events (2 spaceflies and 1 Pirate Sector).
You get abonus for pirate sectors? Damn! I never knew that. I found the spacefly one though. Are there any other events that trigger special payments?
Xenon sectors I think. Beyond that I dont think there is any more. I would welcome anyone coming up with other bonus events if they know about them though.

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 14:17

Greyhawk1 wrote:I just carry one of every type of TP in my Zeus when I'm mission hunting in-sector. I try the fastest ship first and work my way down the speeds until I have a TP that will take everyone.
I may follow that idea and have a possible of 2 in each station then if thats the case. I want to avoid the time taken to jump a Tl into the sector and then the ships to the station and i'm currenlty trying not to use the jumpdrive aswell which would cause more problems.

Neil

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”