AEGIS missile assault question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lestabantam
x3tc

AEGIS missile assault question

Post by lestabantam » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 15:43

When I activate this command it asks for a number. Is this the number of ships I want to target or the number of missilles I wish to use or something different?

After a bit of messing around I still can't get the Wasp assault to work, even though there are enemies closer than 20Km,

Thanks in advance for any help. the readme file makes no mention of this.

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 16:25

From the Read me

Gunnery Crew: Missile Defense (AEGIS only)

This "Additional Ship Commands" menu command is intended to give you an extra layer of protection against incoming missiles. The AEGIS weapon system with crew assistance can target incoming missiles from beyond energy weapons range and engage them with a mosquito missile configured as a "counter-missile". Any incoming missile beyond your ship's minimum counter-missile engagement range determined to be a threat (see above) will be engaged with a counter-missile. Your minimum counter-missile engagement range depends on the size of your ship. For an M3 (Argon Nova only) it is only 500m. For an M6 it is 750m. For TL it is 1km, and for M1/M2s, it is 2.5 km. Missiles that are not a threat will not be engaged at all in order to conserve counter-missile ammunition.

Gunnery Crew: Missile Assault (AEGIS only)

This "Additional Ship Commands" menu command will first ask you to select the type of missile you wish to use. Enter a "1" for the Mosquito Missile, or a "2" for the Wasp Missile. After you have selected, the following will occor:

Mosquito Missile:
Scans for and targets every enemy ship within 42km. A single Mosquito missile will be launched at each target. The intention with this is to "issue challenge" to enemy ships. When attacked, enemy ships tend to come to you. This is an effective way of clearing a sphere 43km in radius around your ship.

NOTE: Capital ships tend to have turrets set on missile defense. You can be virtually assured that no single mosquito missile will hit an enemy capital ship.

Wasp Missile
When the Wasp missile is selected, all light (M5) fighters within 22km will be scanned for and targeted. If it is a Khaak M5, then a single Wasp missile will be fired at it. If it is any other M5, a pair of Wasps will be fired. An effective way of destroying almost an entire Khaak cluster at long range.
Ben

lestabantam
x3tc

Post by lestabantam » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 16:32

Cheers, Ben.

That'll teach me not to skip over important text!

1 for mosquitos, 2 for wasps.

Doh!

Thanks again.

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 16:33

No Problem any time :D
Ben

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”