Where do i pick up Gunnery Crews

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nick Cresswell
x3

Where do i pick up Gunnery Crews

Post by Nick Cresswell » Wed, 9. Mar 05, 16:14

I've got and M2 and i want some crews, but i've searched loadsa equipment docks, and checked in several sectors repeatedly for military transports, but the best lead i had was and Express with the name MT46....... Can you look in the Station details to find out if they have crews, (I do have an AEGIS so it's not that).
Sorry if this has been in a thread befor but i checked the FAQ and looked through the forum and couldn't find a thing.
Any way i hope i'm not being an idiot here, but then again i do want them to be easy to find.

Oh yeah, one other thing, are Gamma HEPT's Better Power than Gamma PPC's at short range?

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Wed, 9. Mar 05, 16:40

Station details will show if a station has crew for sale or not, but they're very rare as far as I can tell, best bet seems to be watch for those MT transports then follow them, I have an iguana for this with a decent stock of ecells a jump drive and the mark 1 engine boost (another signed script) I've dropped nav sats all over argon teritory and just check them from time to time.

As for ghept, yes it's more powerful however the shot speed for ghept is much slower so you might have accuracy issues.

One final point, I don't know if this is possible with the military transports, but most tses will dump their cargo and run if attacked, this will hurt your race relations though.

Damskis69
x2

Post by Damskis69 » Wed, 9. Mar 05, 18:48

If you've got a load of credits spare buy an Eq Dock-you can then ask for a military transport report to tell you where they all left from,where they are and where they are going- which makes things a bit easier but still took me ages to fully crew my oddy as i was only getting 4 or 5 at a time :evil:

I know use the Eq Dock to dump all my capped KM3's and any spare weapons from other capped ships :idea:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Where do i pick up Gunnery Crews

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Mar 05, 20:24

Nick Cresswell wrote:Sorry if this has been in a thread befor but i checked the FAQ and looked through the forum and couldn't find a thing.
Perhaps you were looking in the wrong forum. Questions about Bonus Plug-Ins go in the Scripts and Modding forum, where this is probably the most frequently asked question of the last few months. ;)

Pat once
x2

Post by Pat once » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 10:20

According to the movies all merc's are hired in bars.

So wait till a mil transport docks at a Trading station or equip dock walk into the bar and say all mercs are wusses and volunteers will appear.
The Xenon L makes the Nova look like it has one foot nailed to the floor.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 16:45

as to your other question, GHEPT vs GPPC - each has its pros and cons, so the crews won't swap them. However, turrets that can't take GPPC, the crews will swap the BPPC / APPC for a GHEPT when in range.
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Tare69
x3

Post by Tare69 » Wed, 16. Mar 05, 08:04

At last my own EQU gets some crew when not selling other races... I have some ships on collecting things for it and some millitary persons are coming along... It's so hard to try to get crew...
ASRock 939DualSata2+AM2CPU, X2 4800+, 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz, ATI X850XT 256MB, 2.6TB HD, DVD LG 4162 SM, SB Live Value, Hitachi CM769ET 20", Cyborg Evo, Logitech G15, XP Home+SP3 = X2 Res:1024x768*32/BM=On/RS=ON framerate: 66.857 fps

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”