AEGIS/Gunnery crews

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LanceUppercut
x2

AEGIS/Gunnery crews

Post by LanceUppercut » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 16:10

Just a quick question...

In reading the notes that came with the Bonus 1.3 plugins, and these forums, I read that the AEGIS is active for all NPC capital ships in the game making them much more formidable. That does not include, of course, your ships.

Since I have decided that AEGIS is way too expensive and I will never buy it (you may argue amongst yourselves in another thread), is there a way to disable this portion of the script? Gunnery crews sound like a good idea, but if none of my ships will ever have AEGIS, I'd like to disable it for the AI controlled ships as well. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to uninstall the whole AEGIS/Gunnery crew script? If so, can I do this using the executable delivered with the Bonus 1.3 scripts?

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 16:42

Hi,

unless I've missed an update, AEGIS is NOT active for all AI ships. Certain races (Xenon, Khaak, Argon, Boron, Teldai) have gunnery crews. Only the khaak also have AEGIS, and since AEGIS primarily makes anti-fighter defence easier (it can also make turret tracking faster but that doesn't really apply to the khaak) it isn't really a problem - if you were planning to attack a KM2 with fighters they'd get creamed no matter what anyway.
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

LanceUppercut
x2

Post by LanceUppercut » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 17:20

So only the Khaak ships have AEGIS on by default? Other races only have gunnery crews?

If this is true, then it is a huge relief. I won't have to go through the hassle. Can anyone confirm this? I'll take it as verdad unless I hear otherwise.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 17:55

one thing, I wouldn't say they are "only" using gunnery crews until you see them in action :)
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 20:53

I actualy went in myself and toned down the gunnery crews a bit, they are a wee bit overpowered IMO. Without them .... 5 minutes trying to kill all the M5s in a cluster, with them .... 5 seconds of insta death to anything that comes close ;p

Of course your own fighters are all just cannon fodder now also, while I love the concept of the crews I feel that they are a bit over-tuned. Easy enough to tone down thanks to the script editor though.

Aegis is just icing on the cake, it should be a liscense to carry gunnery crews that costs 50 mil and the aegis that costs 4 :D

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”