Factory cycle time for AKE, BKE, GKE too long help

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

asyikarea51
x4

Factory cycle time for AKE, BKE, GKE too long help

Post by asyikarea51 » Sat, 12. Mar 05, 05:52

Just a quick question since I'm in a rush... I know there's an economy rebalancing mod out there but it doesn't affect custom wares for stations. I'm trying to run a galaxy map with factories [food factories BTW] making Khaak weapons, all is ok but the production time is too long for the guns, like 1 hour plus when a GPPC on the laser rebalance rules can be built way faster and is more damaging (Missiles are ok though). Any way to adjust?

Thanks.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 12. Mar 05, 21:27

Factory cycle time is tied into resources required and ware prices, you can't adjust one without the others.
(if you cut the time in half, you'll also cut the price in half / resources required in half)
If you don't mind doing this, you can adjust this value in the /types files and make a mod. (for lasers, the correct file is tlaser.pck)
read the tutorial in the tutorials sticky about how to unpack files and make a simple mod.

then this is the number you want to change:

27;978;0.11;0.11;0;13;4643;300;0;13;2000;0.04;1;30000;2;1;1;SS_LASER_KH_ALPHA;

That's the number of seconds it takes to produce one unit. In this case, 30,000, or 500 minutes.

(that's the alpha khaak laser, you can adjust the beta/gamma similarly)

Download StromFront's mod kit from the link in my signature. He spells out what each column of data is. I think he has this column listed as price, and that's true that it does affect the price since all the parameters are linked. But it's really time in sec to produce one unit. That's a better way of thinking about it.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”