Advanced SDS Script Beta

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Advanced SDS Script Beta

Post by TSM » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 00:15

**********************************************************************************
-Edit by burianek-
Hope you don't mind TSM, but since it looks like this will now be the semi official thread for aSDS testing, I'm gonna hijack your post so I can give d/l instructions in the first post of the thread. ;)

To all:
There is a new version of the SDS script that ticaki has written from scratch. It is still a beta version and is not signed yet. It has many more features and much more flexibility than the original SDS. In fact, it is quite possible to set up one freighter to supply an entire loop. It is also possible to have one freighter deliver energy from a single SPP to nine different stations (the number is actually unlimited). If you are interested in trying the script out and giving feedback, please download it from this location:

http://www.x-scripts.de/dload.php?actio ... file_id=38

Note that this script uses the same language file as the original SDS script (445066.xml). For this reason, it is necessary to remove the SDS files that are installed with the bonus pack.
Before installing the aSDS script, go into your /t folder in your X2 directory and remove the following files:
  • 445066.xml
    445066.pck

Then install the script as normal.
If you install the bonus pack over this aSDS script, the aSDS version of the 445066.xml will be overwritten by the bonus pack installer. It will put the old SDS version of 445066.xml as well as the packaged form 445066.pck back into your directory. You'll know this has happened if you again see the old SDS commands visible in the game in your command console. If this happens, all you need to do is remove the two files listed above from your /t directory, and then copy the file:
  • 445066.xml

from the aSDS zip file back into your /t directory in your game. Then you should be ok again.
**********************************************************************************

-back to TSM's original post-

hmmmmmmmmmmm Ran it got incoming Msg that was a read text 5702-1,5702-1 and 5702-2 and not much else do you have to remove existing SDS or does this just overwrite it? instead of asking for a price at SDS del 1 it asks for a number input and has logging at bottom of screen!
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 02:20

-edit-
I've updated install information in the first post of this thread that explains why some users were not seeing the new commands. Thanks everyone for all the help.

As for the inputs, check the readme, I'm not certain off hand.
Cheers.
Last edited by Burianek on Sat, 26. Mar 05, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 19:21

well i copied all the files to their respective locations and I am still not getting anywhere,SDS Del 1 does nothing if you selecte SDS DEL 2 ships says command accepted and just sits there alsoe you have to set this ships home base manually or the SDS is ghosted old SDS was much easier, I will stick with normal SDS as I cannot really be bothered with a script if it's not working
Egosoft Wiki

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 21:01

what does this advanced sds script do ?? i din't hear anything about it. :? Where can i find more info on it ??

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 22:19

D_Zorro wrote:what does this advanced sds script do ?? i din't hear anything about it. :? Where can i find more info on it ??

DZorro,

http://www.x-scripts.de/dload.php?actio ... file_id=38 here's a link see if you have anymore luck lol
Egosoft Wiki

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 01:51

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:well i copied all the files to their respective locations and I am still not getting anywhere,SDS Del 1 does nothing if you selecte SDS DEL 2 ships says command accepted and just sits there alsoe you have to set this ships home base manually or the SDS is ghosted old SDS was much easier, I will stick with normal SDS as I cannot really be bothered with a script if it's not working
I can't imagine what is wrong. Everyone else has been able to use it with no problems. You did read the readme right? you need to define a list of places to buy/sell from before starting the command?
Cheers.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 11:23

I don't undetstand this new Asds either. All i see in the trade menus and three options 1 is asds 2 is asds buy stations and 3 is Asds sell stations. But i can't see any readme files inside the zip or arj file.
And the site Above is in German and i don't really understand that language.

But how does it work, i tried it a few times and now it's telling me to pay him 5000 credits for fee witch wasn't in the standard sds script either.
Do you need credits now in station to use this advanced sds ??
Isn't loops actually for you to not need credits in your stations anymore ??

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 12:11

Burianek wrote:
TycoonSpaceMan wrote:well i copied all the files to their respective locations and I am still not getting anywhere,SDS Del 1 does nothing if you selecte SDS DEL 2 ships says command accepted and just sits there alsoe you have to set this ships home base manually or the SDS is ghosted old SDS was much easier, I will stick with normal SDS as I cannot really be bothered with a script if it's not working
I can't imagine what is wrong. Everyone else has been able to use it with no problems. You did read the readme right? you need to define a list of places to buy/sell from before starting the command?
Cheers.
Thats just it Burianek you don't seem to get those options there is no reference to ASDS all you see are the 3 original options for the old SDS unless there is something missing from the download? where is it that you define these buy/sell there is nothing in the additional commands either, I would like to use it as I have way to many SDS in Brennans Triumph and some of them sit doing nothing whilst waiting for one of their 3 factorie's to need resources.
D_Zorro wrote:I don't undetstand this new Asds either. All i see in the trade menus and three options 1 is asds 2 is asds buy stations and 3 is Asds sell stations. But i can't see any readme files inside the zip or arj file.

But how does it work, i tried it a few times and now it's telling me to pay him 5000 credits for fee witch wasn't in the standard sds script either.

DZorro,

I don't get those options D_Zorro :? are you running the normal SDS
aswell?

**EDIT**
As my current game is quite new I think I shall restart on a back up X2 Install and see if ASDS works there with just ALL-IN-ONE plugin

**EDIT**

This is Ordinary SDS on my game
[ external image ]
This ASDS on my game do you see a difference lol
[ external image ]
And the above only works if I set homebase manually on ASDS
Egosoft Wiki

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 15:13

That's strange, i don't see sds 1 all is see is like my above posts said.
I don't see sds 1 tot 3 anymore.

DZorro,

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 16:18

I have now tried with normal SDS uninstalled and it still will not work :evil:
Egosoft Wiki

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 19:50

D_Zorro wrote:I don't undetstand this new Asds either. All i see in the trade menus and three options 1 is asds 2 is asds buy stations and 3 is Asds sell stations. But i can't see any readme files inside the zip or arj file.

DZorro,
The readme files would be in the /Readme-Liesmich directory in the zip. Liesmich is German for readme.

from the readme:

Commands:
ASDS
This command starts the ASDS. For an M6, this command is first used to define the ship's homebase. After buy/sell lists described below have been entered, this command then starts the SDS. The homebase can be changed using this command when no buy/sell lists are defined.

Add/Remove Buy Stations
Run this command for every station you want your ship to purchase wares from. You will be presented with a screen that shows the wares available at this station. These can be selected and a price to buy entered (must be a positive number).

Add/Remove Sell Stations
Run this command for every station you want your ship to deliver wares to.

For the above two commands, running the command, selecting the ship's homebase, and then entering a negative number for the price of any ware will completely erase the list.

There's a lot more than just these instructions in the readme, so please take the time to read them, the new ASDS works nothing like the old one. It is a completely new script with a lot more functionality, so you cannot assume that you'll be able to download it, fire it up, and off you go. You have to read the instructions or you'll have no hope of understanding how to use it.
Cheers.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 19:53

TSM, either you haven't installed it correctly or there's a script conflict.
Hang on a sec.
I'll look into possible conflicts for you.

Edit:
Ok it uses the same /t file as the old SDS script, so if you install a new version of the bonus pack over the aSDS it will overwrite the aSDS files with the old SDS ones. That must be the problem we're running into. You can understand why ticaki would make it use the same files, since this script is designed to eventually replace the other one in the bonus pack.
For the meantime, it's a simple enough fix.
make certain that after every time you run the bonus pack installer, jump back into your aSDS zip file and copy the 445066.xml file back into your /t directory. Overwrite anything in there.

-edit after TSM figured out the problem-
Also, you'll need to remove the packaged form of the 445066.xml file, it's called 445066.pck. Once you have the aSDS version of the 445066.xml and have removed the .pck file, you should be good to go.
-end edit-

That should fix your problem. Keep me posted. :)
Cheers.
Last edited by Burianek on Sat, 26. Mar 05, 19:55, edited 2 times in total.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 21:11

Burianek wrote:TSM, either you haven't installed it correctly or there's a script conflict.
Hang on a sec.
I'll look into possible conflicts for you.

Edit:
Ok it uses the same /t file as the old SDS script, so if you install a new version of the bonus pack over the aSDS it will overwrite the aSDS files with the old SDS ones. That must be the problem we're running into. You can understand why ticaki would make it use the same files, since this script is designed to eventually replace the other one in the bonus pack.
For the meantime, it's a simple enough fix.
make certain that after every time you run the bonus pack installer, jump back into your aSDS zip file and copy the 445066.xml file back into your /t directory. Overwrite anything in there.
That should fix your problem. Keep me posted. :)
Cheers.
Burianek did exactly as you said however in doing this SDS reverts to old version, but I noticed on closer inspection of my T directory there is a second 445066.pck, so I thought what would happen if I moved this file to a safe place and bingo upon looking at my SDS ships the all now have aSDS and the new commands :D. Just for your info the bonus pack installer installs 445066.pck. thanks for the help I shall report back later on when I master new ASDS :roll:
Egosoft Wiki

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 21:48

Burianek wrote:

DZorro,
The readme files would be in the /Readme-Liesmich directory in the zip. Liesmich is German for readme.

from the readme:

Commands:
ASDS
This command starts the ASDS. For an M6, this command is first used to define the ship's homebase. After buy/sell lists described below have been entered, this command then starts the SDS. The homebase can be changed using this command when no buy/sell lists are defined.

Add/Remove Buy Stations
Run this command for every station you want your ship to purchase wares from. You will be presented with a screen that shows the wares available at this station. These can be selected and a price to buy entered (must be a positive number).

Add/Remove Sell Stations
Run this command for every station you want your ship to deliver wares to.

For the above two commands, running the command, selecting the ship's homebase, and then entering a negative number for the price of any ware will completely erase the list.

There's a lot more than just these instructions in the readme, so please take the time to read them, the new ASDS works nothing like the old one. It is a completely new script with a lot more functionality, so you cannot assume that you'll be able to download it, fire it up, and off you go. You have to read the instructions or you'll have no hope of understanding how to use it.
Cheers.
Thanks for the brief discription i really needed that. But somehow after searching through all the directories in the zip file there is only a german readme file no english one. :? Anyway the standard sds had the option to supply up to 3 stations, but how much does the new asds supply too, also 3 stations ???

DZorro,

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 22:16

D_Zorro wrote: Thanks for the brief discription i really needed that. But somehow after searching through all the directories in the zip file there is only a german readme file no english one. :? Anyway the standard sds had the option to supply up to 3 stations, but how much does the new asds supply too, also 3 stations ???
The english readme is located at the bottom of the readme file, below the german one. Just scroll down.

This version of aSDS can buy from / deliver to as many stations as you want. If you have a loop set up, you can easily set it to move the products of each factory to the next one in the loop. Or, you could just as easily have one at your spp deliver energy to 9 of your other stations. It's completely configurable. (much better than the old script)
However, it's still a beta, so we need your debug and testing comments.
Cheers.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 00:57

I think I got it working now as 1 ASDS SPP is now suppyling 5 factories still not clear on what the ASDS logging command means so I entered 1 it say's command accepted and off goes ASDS ship I took alot at the other file Ticaki's download installs and found a command in the trader folder that displays what your ASDS ships have done to date :) so can only assume that is what the logging command is about would be good though if someone could make it so pressing I gives ASDS command info like it does on lot of other scripts :)
Egosoft Wiki

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 03:24

what do you mean?
this script isn't finished, so if you have suggestions for the interface, please feel free to give them. They'll be incorporated where practical.
Thanks for playing around with it.
Cheers.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 12:46

I mean when you press ASDS but after you have set the buy/sell would be easier if you could click the I for info as a hint as to what logging is, example in the command console even the NONE command has an I to tell you what the button does is that any clearer lol was very late when I posted and I had a bit to much to drink :)
Egosoft Wiki

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 19:48

Oh, right. That's easy enough to fix. Script information would be included in a release version of the script. Thanks for pointing that out. The buy/sell commands should also get info screens that explain how to use them.

Also, I fixed my first post to reflect the corrected install instructions. Thanks.

Cheers.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 30. Mar 05, 23:22

Been Running for 6 days now without a problem and I sold 53 TS's as they were sitting in my stations doing not alot :D
Egosoft Wiki

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”