AEGIS personnel question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

m0nkey
x2

AEGIS personnel question

Post by m0nkey » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 16:53

Hey thanks for all your help guys but just want to clarify something. Do i need an argon eq dock to see gunner reports on troop movements through argon space or can i get away with a Trading station . Hope its the latter as errrrgh well em cough ahem seemed to have all ready bought the trading station lol :oops:
Hmm glancing around he found himself in a tool box,and he was feeling pretty shrap
[/spoiler]

EDIT - Abyss - please make the thread title relevant and not sensationalist to attract attention - the very people that can help you are just likely to ignore it

m0nkey
x2

Post by m0nkey » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 17:22

Will do just thought it was a little funny lol but point taken thxs

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 17:27

You dont need to buy the station yourself. Just dock at others and buy the crew.

Dunners

m0nkey
x2

Post by m0nkey » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 18:04

thxs but the whole point is i dont want to check around other stations .

Java Jawa
x3tc

Post by Java Jawa » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 18:15

the military transports only dock with races stations, not yours. You have to go to scripts and run the merchant marine liasion script to find out where certain transports with personnel are, and what they are doing. You can then get to the system before the transport and dock at the dock (wherever and whatever it might be) to buy military personnel. It is best to have a TP for these things.
i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
XFX GTX 295 1792MB GPU
ASUS Rampage II Extreme MoBo w/ X-Fi
Logitech G19, G9, Z-2300 THX speakers
Sennheiser PC350 headphones

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 21:37

^^

I don't believe that is true.

The Military transports will dock at your Equip Dock (Trade Station?) if you have added the military personnel as a ware that is traded at your station.

If you own your own ED (TS?) you can order a report for 25,000 cr that will give you the location of the transports.

That's the way I understood it to work.

m0nkey
x2

Post by m0nkey » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 01:59

WOW thats what i thought only thing is i dont now how to order reports. Have looked in the commond con but no joy :oops: and ideas where i may find said document :?
To attack and surlely take it attack where they do not defend

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 02:33

From the Gunnery crew/Aegis FAQ:

Is there any easier way to find the military transports?
If you have your own Equipment Dock, you can access a report through the dock's command console that will give you the location of all military transports currently operating.

I haven't tried to order the report, so I'm not sure how well it works. I just put "Crew" on my EQ as wares few game hours ago and am still waiting to see if any show up there.

m0nkey
x2

Post by m0nkey » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 04:13

well well well i must be seeing double because thats exactly what i have done except i didnt leave them on my trade station just got them in the menu then packed them of to their small 1 bedsit in the back of my nova . What i did notice was that i cant actually look for them like wares ,send a bph freighter to do the slog work as they dont appear in the buy goods menu. Al- tho everything else does including slaves. Ahwell these things are sent to test us hehe :D
The fight is chaotic yet one is not subject to chaos

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 04:19

They won't stay in the npc docks menu....they are only listed when they are actually there.

I didn't leave any crew at my ED, just put one there so they would show up on my menu and then put him back on duty in the Osprey.

They do stay on the menu in a player owned Dock.

m0nkey
x2

Post by m0nkey » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 04:28

Have you tried for that report yet and where do you see it ?. Think i might need an eq dock instead lol

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 04:35

If I get a chance to play tonight I'll check on the report thingy.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”