Gave the AEGIS a go but...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tarcon.
x3tc

Gave the AEGIS a go but...

Post by Tarcon. » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 01:18

I installed the AEGIS on my M1 and employed over 100 military personnel, I then jumped to Thyn's Abyss in hopes of capturing many many Xenon ships. Activated the gunners to maximum capture potential but after much time, found that I had captured none and all Xenon ships were destroyed.

I changed weaponry to HEPT and PAC in case the PPCs were just too powerful however, to no avail; kept destroying all the ships.

Is there something I'm doing wrong. I hate to think 54kk of my hard earned credits has been wasted.

Thanks.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 05:56

but does it destroy them more efficiently? :D
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 09:12

You dont say what type of M1 you use but really you need and Argon Boron or Paranid so that it can use Ions or PSG's.

You are also correct that PPCs are over powered for capturing so you need a good weapons mix on your ship. A few IREs as this helps the turrets track quicker, with Ions/PSGs, PACs, HEPTS and PPC's. This mix is required for capping through to large scale combat

The "Max Capture" option will auto select the appropriate weapon to do the least amount of damage.

The Aegis comes into its own in large combat scenarios, but for your current use its an expensive add on tool.

Go through the readme again to get the best out of the system. I've got it installed on a Titan, Odi and an Osprey and give it the thumbs up.

Tarcon.
x3tc

Post by Tarcon. » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 13:29

Okay, that makes sense. I'll put a mix of weapons and Max Capture can select what it wants. Many thanks :D

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 18:11

One other thing, if you cap something your turrets will stop firing Ions or PSG's until the new friendly is safely docked out of harms way.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”