I REALLY think I have found the long lost Spaceflies home.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scotterz
x3

I REALLY think I have found the long lost Spaceflies home.

Post by Scotterz » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 14:17

Just feel free to delete this and chastise me proper if this is already common knowledge....but from my reading here it appears that the general consensus is that there are no hollow asteroids housing spacefly colonies....However, I have done this once and if necessary will attempt to repeat it while taking screenshots from a previous savegame...I don't know if they are All like this but I know one particular hollow asteroid i was in, I was flying through it and ended up in the large hollow dead end room in the middle of it...it was very dark so i was shooting my guns at the walls and stuff to see where the walls were and then i noticed that Wow, my ion disruptor has a lock on something just the otherside of that wall!!! And every time I shoot it I see a little something that looks like a fighter drone pop up on my Gravidar, but not on the sector menu..I was told this is how Spaceflies are when you shoot them with an ID...Anyway I was getting screenshots of the outside of the asteroid and stuff making sure my fire wasn't hitting something outside ans it wasn't then when switched the view back to inside the cockpit to get some shots from inside I noticed no more lock from my ID and no more little things on my Gravidar cause I guess I had killed them all already....Anyway point is There were spaceflies in that asteroid and i killed them. :o

dzhedzho
x4

Post by dzhedzho » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 14:15

any chance that they ended up there instead of originated there?... :? Welcome to the forums...

???
x2

Post by ??? » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 15:48

Scotterz:
Anyway point is There were spaceflies in that asteroid and i killed them.

You murderer!!!! :evil: :lol:
Nobody today a king tomorrow...(maybe)!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 15:51

It is posible that they spawn inside the asteroids. I wouldnt expect anything more amazing than that.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 16:35

??? wrote:Scotterz:

Stop Press:- Boron Space Fly Sanctuary raided YET AGAIN !!!!!! :cry:
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 18:18

Boron sector police are investigating the role of local Split & Pirate profiteers whom they suspect had a role in the recent decimation of the local Space Fly hatcheries.

However, this reporter has uncovered a trail of evidence that implicates an Argon Thug named Julian Gardna. The Argon & TerraCorp executives responsible for the release of Julian Gardna from jail recently refused to answer our calls.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

A_Sebastian
x3tc

Post by A_Sebastian » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 20:00

Damn the hippies and their love of the spaceflies!

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 20:11

Hate to say this but I have also got some evidence for this as well. In the Unknown Sector west of Xenon Sector 3xx I was waiting next to a normal, average sized asteroid in third person view when the asteroid spontaneously launched a cloud of spaceflies.

I got a screenie but, of course, it just looks like a normal cloud of spaceflies since its not animated...

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 20:44

A statistical survey could strengthen this argument.

Try hanging out next to a large asteroid for X period of time. Record all spacefly sightings.

Then hang out in a sector with no asteroids for X period of time. Record all spacefly sightings.

Repeat as necessary.

Compare the numbers.

Incidentally I recall seeing something in the manual about spacefly sanctuaries guarded by Argon & Boron police.
Last edited by JungleJim on Wed, 6. Apr 05, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 21:08

??? wrote:Scotterz:

Unless he used PSG's, I doubt that he killed them. Ion Disruptors only stun them, and only for a short period of time. That's when they appear in the Gravidar. When they wake up, they disappear from the Gravidar. So they probably woke up and decided to get out of Dodge quick. :rofl:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mintydog
x2

Post by mintydog » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 21:11

i found some dodgy asteroids once but i dont think they were hollow ones. What happened was i was in a teladi sector (cant remember which, tis all blue with mass asteroids down the centre of the sector) and there was one asteroid in particular which i could not lock into, because it wasnt there, but i could see it, so i flew into it and went straight through it. Is this a bug or one of those hollow asteroids?

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 21:17

Nope, not all asteroids are substantial. Some are ghostly / illusionary.

I think the sector you're describing is Siezewell (the Teladi home sector). Many 'roids in there are illusionary.

For a scary ride, set your autopilot to fly across this sector, then turn on SETA.

It gets my blood pumping.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 21:20

mintydog wrote:i found some dodgy asteroids once but i dont think they were hollow ones. What happened was i was in a teladi sector (cant remember which, tis all blue with mass asteroids down the centre of the sector) and there was one asteroid in particular which i could not lock into, because it wasnt there, but i could see it, so i flew into it and went straight through it. Is this a bug or one of those hollow asteroids?
No, these are the 'hollowgraphic' asteroids. :lol:

They exist in many sectors, Wastelands and Moo Kye's Revenge come to mind. They're simply window dressing. First time you run into a field of them, you think you're doomed! :fg: You just need to monitor the Gravidar to make sure there aren't any real asteroids in with the fake ones. That can really ruin your day. :twisted: Again, Moo Kye's Revenge is an example of this.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RobG
x2

Post by RobG » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 02:51

Rubbish Mintydog just needs to lay off the spaceweed :wink:

PS you'll know hollow astroids when you see them, they are rather BIG.

mintydog
x2

Post by mintydog » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 09:35

haha, dont forget the space fuel as well, I was that astronaut found walking around on an asteroid.
They are big yea, but other than that do they look any different to normal onces? can you fly inside them or what?

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 10:07

Vengeance is mine!

I am just a lowly spacefly who lives in a hollow asteroid. But the evil Scotterz has raided my home. You appear to have the weaponry to deal with this fiend. Please avenge my family so that they can rest in peace..

Signed
Weezie the space fly

Missions requirements: Lieutenant

mintydog
x2

Post by mintydog » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 10:16

He's as good as dead!

Scotterz
x3

Post by Scotterz » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 16:56

kmiller1610 wrote:Vengeance is mine!

I am just a lowly spacefly who lives in a hollow asteroid. But the evil Scotterz has raided my home. You appear to have the weaponry to deal with this fiend. Please avenge my family so that they can rest in peace..

Signed
Weezie the space fly

Missions requirements: Lieutenant
Nanook wrote:Unless he used PSG's, I doubt that he killed them. Ion Disruptors only stun them, and only for a short period of time. That's when they appear in the Gravidar. When they wake up, they disappear from the Gravidar. So they probably woke up and decided to get out of Dodge quick

Wait they were just sleeping!!! It's not my fault that you space flies eat your dead. But anyway has anyone else flown into one of the asteroids with tunnels in it and gotten into the big room that is a dead end? You can see it in the scan picture of the spinning asteroid when looking at the asteroid info...anyway that is where my Ion disruptor started getting lock on something spacefly-like just behind the big flat wall in that room...how long does it take them to wake up anyway? I probably only waited around a minute or two after my ID quit getting lock on whatever they were. :P

instayll
x3

Post by instayll » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 21:51

Forgot to tell us what asteroid was it, and where can we find it.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity. (The Gladiator)

homeless
x3tc

Post by homeless » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 22:00

instayll

Are you just a very slow typist or is resurrecting dead threads a hobby?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”