The Khaak Conflict

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

The Khaak Conflict

Post by LV » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 01:08

Just as you think you are about to embark upon a lucrative and adventurous career with Terracorp, you find yourself strapped into the Argon Discoverer given to you by Ban Danna. You are unaware of the unfolding events until you receive a message, while being whisked away to a pirate sector. If you thought Ban Danna had plans for you before you left dock, think again and on a universally larger scale.

Your mission is simple, once you get to your programmed destination you should start to build up your empire until you have enough funds not only to protect yourself but also to start to take back the occupied sectors.

All 5 of the major races managed to build a small 'home' sector in pirate space before the virus completely overwhelmed their systems and although factories and equipment are limited you should be able to forge a small empire that will push you forward.

The second part of your mission is to retake the assimilated sectors. Rumors have it that the race responsible for unleashing the virus has a number of ships equipped with the technology that was used to spread the virus and assimilate stations. Acquiring this will aid you immeasurably in your endeavors. If you can capture a ship equipped with this technology you will be amply rewarded. Once in possession of it, you must use it in conjunction with military personnel from available Barracks, you should be able to gradually liberate the sectors. Analysis of the pattern of infection suggests that each system's Trading Dock should be the primary target for recapture, as we hope that
will release the sector from enemy control. It goes without saying that as you are able to liberate stations and sectors, the wares they offered previously should become available once again.

As the mission progresses you will be rewarded for your achievements, especially with regard to the liberation of strategic objectives. You will not only have the satisfaction of returning the sectors to their rightful owners, and the kudos that goes with it, but also you will be able to add war bounty to your burgeoning empire.

The difficulty of this mission is classified as EXTREME and only truly gifted combat pilots should attempt it.

:)

More info and download link here
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 01:24

Hey LV, you don't happen to have some power of the Scripting Darkside that changes in game sector musics do you?

I know the BGM for PE in the original PLOT got changed after Khaak Invasion ran through it... If I could get, EVEN a SIMPLE script that changes sector musics all at once, I'll be a happy lunatic.

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 01:53

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:Hey LV, you don't happen to have some power of the Scripting Darkside that changes in game sector musics do you?

I know the BGM for PE in the original PLOT got changed after Khaak Invasion ran through it... If I could get, EVEN a SIMPLE script that changes sector musics all at once, I'll be a happy lunatic.
just change the MP3's in the X2 sound files..

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 02:02

I could do that a thousand times. However I want spacific music in spacific sectors, and no amount of change to the MP3s will do that. I need it for my mod, which uses a unique X universe map.

Do you want the sector ARGON PRIME (which is moved across the map) to sound like Khaak sector?

No man, my situation is far more than just changing a song here and there, I need to set THEMES.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 09:34

As I know - sector music defined in 44001.xml in galaxy map description part. And there is a combat music - it turns on each time you engage a battle with enemy.

I dont know - is there is a ScE command to change track. I`ll ask someone who knows ScE very good - an answer i`ll post here. :)
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 10:13

I dont think the music can be chnaged via a script.

Looking through the MSCI handbook, I cant see anything detailing music....

Could be wrong though..

Dunners

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 10:34

It has to be defined somewhere... and I just scanned the entire 44001 file. I noticed lots of the command slots, I bet with editing, you can introduce new command slots for scripters to use.

However the X2 music is set up... it is set up based on the 20 by 15 sector grid map and includes sectors that aren't even in the original map.

So I'm betting its linked to wherever X2's grid is set up.

Where does X2 define the limitations of its grid? Find that, (not the sector maps, the actual definition of the GRID) and I'll bet you a subspace shockwave cannon that you'll find the music definitions control too.

xalien
x4

Re: The Khaak Conflict

Post by xalien » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 12:18

LV wrote:You are STRONGLY advised to start this mission in a new game
You mean a new game in a custom universe or it doesn't matter?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Re: The Khaak Conflict

Post by LV » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 14:16

It should run in a custom universe but it's designed for the normal game as there are elements that it looks for that a custom map may not provide

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 14:20

damn .. it looks you made something to get yourself killed .. :wink:

Busy trying to do my own scripts (isnt really happening ..:P) but when ready .. I sure will give it a go ..

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 15:11

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:It has to be defined somewhere... and I just scanned the entire 44001 file. I noticed lots of the command slots, I bet with editing, you can introduce new command slots for scripters to use.
i bet you can't, since the devs likely used a 5-bit variable to store command information (0-31 for a reason). i mean, they did that to us with the weapon stlots, but i could be wrong. more experimentation will i do tonight :)
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 09:19

Ok, I've launched it in a custom universe together with the "assimilation" mod and noticed that all TS stats have been reverted to the old ones, like before 1.4 update. Haven't chance to check out about TP's.

Also, there are no guns or shields to buy (well there is a 5MW factory actually). IMHO the races should be reasonable enough to make sure they have access to at least the basic weapons and shields when facing such odds. This would also give a player the choice how to "evolve" - via trading or combat. Right now doing combat with 1MW and 1 AIRE (yeah, I've lost one and thought I could buy another) is next to impossible. :(
Other than that - great package :thumb_up:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 09:42

x2alien wrote:Ok, I've launched it in a custom universe together with the "assimilation" mod and noticed that all TS stats have been reverted to the old ones, like before 1.4 update. Haven't chance to check out about TP's.

I have not touched TS class ships :gruebel: (Lv wonders if he edited a 1.2 build) I'll take look tommorow when i get time and sort this if i have
x2alien wrote: Also, there are no guns or shields to buy (well there is a 5MW factory actually). IMHO the races should be reasonable enough to make sure they have access to at least the basic weapons and shields when facing such odds. This would also give a player the choice how to "evolve" - via trading or combat. Right now doing combat with 1MW and 1 AIRE (yeah, I've lost one and thought I could buy another) is next to impossible. :(
Other than that - great package :thumb_up:

There is a way to get all these items but it involves thinking ;)

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 10:57

LV wrote: There is a way to get all these items but it involves thinking ;)
The only ways so far I can think of are:
Spoiler
Show
1. Buy a ship with guns and/or shields and strip them. It's OK(ish) for 1MW shields - just buy an S version M5 and take it. For GIRE's however you'll probably need an L version TS and that's one helluva expensive proposition, although an M size Harrier would give me a pair of BIRE's.

2. Capture a ship and strip it, but for that you'll need some decent guns in a first place.

3. When you start the game there's a bunch of pirate ships chasing you around. So I go to an EqDock, hide inside M6 docking port, and wait for the pirates being blown up buy various defence ships. then I can collect all of the wasp missiles and use them for capturing. Yeah, that could work, except that not knowing about this equipment deficit I've already sold them all.
So, did I missed something? A simple yes or no would suffice :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 16. Apr 05, 01:04

x2alien wrote: So, did I missed something? A simple yes or no would suffice :)
Maybe :)

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 09:42

I played this mod many hours and I think that idea of this mod is great.

The problem is in availability of ship equipment... it is not the mater that it is hard to get. It is way too frustrating that you can teoreticaly buy equiped ship in M or L version, but when you have finally anouth money it is not avaible :evil: And you can't expect that you can get some gun by caping, it never happend for me, I caped alot of Split M5 to get money.

I think thers is the way... there should be some way of indepandent races progres/grouth... in redeveloping military strength.
1) It could be dane by building (in steps/intervals) factories manufactoring various weepons, shields, missiles... and of course supporint factories too - food, etc. But they should not duplicate and if player manage to build any of this factories races should not build its own, but progress to next step. In such circumstances it is normal that races will clousely cooperate.
2) Or in simpler way - in time add to equipment dock different weepons, shields and missiles.... from ship wreckage or something... just to "explain" it in game :)

Maybe I try do it by mayself if author of this mode is not interested :) I realy want to play this X2 "story" but before things start to "moving" it is way too long... it is almoust as radiculus as starting normal game in X-tream difficulty (no difference in game but idiotic start).

PS. One more thing, this mode is interfering with standard "Engine booster", ware "Invasion..." is avaible in Pirat Base. I don't thing it is the way author want it :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 14:48

adam00 wrote:I played this mod many hours and I think that idea of this mod is great.
Thank you :)
adam00 wrote:The problem is in availability of ship equipment... it is not the mater that it is hard to get. It is way too frustrating that you can teoreticaly buy equiped ship in M or L version, but when you have finally anouth money it is not avaible :evil: .
This is down to the game not me ;)

adam00 wrote: I think thers is the way... there should be some way of indepandent races progres/grouth... in redeveloping military strength.
1) It could be dane by building (in steps/intervals) factories manufactoring various weepons, shields, missiles... and of course supporint factories too - food, etc. But they should not duplicate and if player manage to build any of this factories races should not build its own, but progress to next step. In such circumstances it is normal that races will clousely cooperate .
This is a big job, i know as my latest project is a completely independant AI player to rival you and alot of this i'm creating now but for this mod i don't have the time or the incination to do it.

adam00 wrote:2) Or in simpler way - in time add to equipment dock different weepons, shields and missiles.... from ship wreckage or something... just to "explain" it in game :).
This can be done and i'll probably include this in 1.1 when i get a minute

adam00 wrote: PS. One more thing, this mode is interfering with standard "Engine booster", ware "Invasion..." is avaible in Pirat Base. I don't thing it is the way author want it :)
Lack of available wares, i'll take a look for one that's not being used but it will be a struggle.

Finally re-download the file as the ts class speeds were feked up (god knows how as i never touched them) which have now been fixed

:)

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 15:19

Lack of available wares, i'll take a look for one that's not being used but it will be a struggle.
You are already using mod, just add new ware. It may be good to include some ship rebalance too, may be this one (may be as option): http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65741
This can be done and i'll probably include this in 1.1 when i get a minute
It could be great :)

I will try to script 1) version. In simple linear way, may be just factories owned be random races, and checking if resources is avaible in any non khaak factory. Player will have to balance things or just "feed" factories he need moust.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 16:28

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:It has to be defined somewhere... and I just scanned the entire 44001 file. I noticed lots of the command slots, I bet with editing, you can introduce new command slots for scripters to use.

However the X2 music is set up... it is set up based on the 20 by 15 sector grid map and includes sectors that aren't even in the original map.

So I'm betting its linked to wherever X2's grid is set up.

Where does X2 define the limitations of its grid? Find that, (not the sector maps, the actual definition of the GRID) and I'll bet you a subspace shockwave cannon that you'll find the music definitions control too.
This is off topic but, I just had to say this... I thought you were not a n00b. :( You SERIOUSLY disappoint me. What sectors play for sound is defined in the Galaxy Map files and can be edited easyly just by using the in-game Galaxy Editor. Correct me if I am wrong.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 00:49

I haven't even SEEN an in game galaxy editor.
I've been busy doing every other kind of edit short of jacking with shipmodels and BOD files to locate a galaxy editor.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”