Reason for Lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WelbyMDBassett
x3tc

Reason for Lottery

Post by WelbyMDBassett » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 01:55

Call me crazy, but I know as well as you that playing the lottery is pointless.... or is it?

I have found that looking for my multi-million dollar missions can be somewhat long and tiresome. However, if I play the lottery, I don't have to look very long. For some reason, I play the lottery often and have no trouble at all finding a multi-million dollar misson. Perhaps the old saying is true, "You have to spend money to make money."

P.S. Another thought that I am in the process of trying is that I have found that the lottery numbers won, often end with a number in the 90's. I have started picking those lines that end in 90 something. See for yourself and see if someone, somewhere out there can finally win.

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 05:30

It's there for people to waste money on.

As the legend goes, P. T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 06:25

It's a post generator :)

Stop and think about it.......most of the lottery payoffs are more than the credit cap in the game. 2 billion credits is all the game will allow in your account. You couldn't collect all your winnings.

BigRich
x2

Post by BigRich » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 10:51

The lottery is just the X-Universe's version of the 'Big Issue' - UK gamers will know what I mean. Spend your money, get something to read and be happy that you've helped a poor, otherwise unemployed, Boron ticket seller!

Got to admit I tend to buy lottery tickets if I get a good sob story to go with them. :)

Rich.
"If you make a fun environment for people to play in, they will have fun simply by being there." - Ian Bell.

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 10:59

Its a shame you cant sell them on at a profit!

Dunners

mintydog
x2

Post by mintydog » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 11:00

lol the big issue.

Tragos
x2

Post by Tragos » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 12:12

why you need to win a lottery when you can "fix" the rulette on your SPP's cazino ?

kmiller1610
x3tc

Re: Reason for Lottery

Post by kmiller1610 » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 12:53

WelbyMDBassett wrote:
I have found that looking for my multi-million dollar missions can be somewhat long and tiresome. However, if I play the lottery, I don't have to look very long.
I don't know how you might prove this, but I have found the same thing. If you just fly around and look for assassination missions, you wait forever. If you do other BBS missions like Taxi or shipping or even the lottery, the good missions show up more quickly. My only evidence is that I have sepnt whole evenings (2-3 hours anyway) patiently flying around taking no missions and looking for the good ones without a payoff.

Now, I take the first taxi mission I qualify for, even the 2,000 credit ones and I get a good mission within 10 - 15 minutes, consistently.

WelbyMDBassett
x3tc

Post by WelbyMDBassett » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 17:23

Exactly... That is the only reason for the lottery that I can think of. You get your multimillion dollar missions faster. Hey, it works, buy the ticket.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”