What happens when catching spaceflies near a Pirate Base?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mintydog
x2

Post by mintydog » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 01:28

hahaha, ive had that
also when just using the Ions to fight enemies, suddenly the trading station turns red on me, im like, how did that happen?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 01:32

So now you get to capture Orinocos, Bayamons and Mandalays, too. At least it gives you some transports for all those spaceflies you captured. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 01:36

Looks like a good bit of profit to me

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 01:37

Nanook wrote:So now you get to capture Orinocos, Bayamons and Mandalays, too. At least it gives you some transports for all those spaceflies you captured. :P :lol:
I wish. No flippin' chance mate. I played tag with them a while flying at 308 m/s and strafeing with ions to see if I can knock some guns out but I was getting hammered in the process (hull damaged already as you can see). Then the Split sector defence showed up and that was that. I wasnt about to mess about since I'd only just got Split docking rights.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 01:44

That's what you get for using one of them wimpy lizards, err, iguanas. Never send a boy to do a man's job. Real men fly fighters with hemis. Minivans are for wimps. :P A Nova would've made short work of that crowd. :D

:lol: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Harpo
x3

Post by Harpo » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 03:39

all i can say is Dont you just hate it when that happens? i did it in priests pity whilst trying to get the paranid to be nice to me , had to reload :evil:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 06:54

It happened to me in Rolk's Fate, more than once. Now I have three Boron M6 patrols that chase my freighters if they see them. :P
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 10:50

You know, attacking pirate bases are fun, I do it in my Osprey all the time............never any problems, except for the lone moron cop that tries to scan me while I am in my firefight, he usually gets his M5 destroyed quickly by my BPSG's
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 19:26

Something similar happened in my Nova, I was grabbing spaceflies in Boron space, plus any Pirates that drifted past, and this three-Hydra patrol came by and smashed an Orinoco I was just about to capture. Flew off. They repeated it three times. The last time I clipped one with my Ion. They attacked me. I toasted them all, but lost so much Boron rank I reloaded from a few mizuras and an Orinoco ago.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 22:26

BrigandPhantos wrote:You know, attacking pirate bases are fun, I do it in my Osprey all the time............never any problems, except for the lone moron cop that tries to scan me while I am in my firefight, he usually gets his M5 destroyed quickly by my BPSG's
i know, its so easy, i do that in my KM3 (i love the look of the cockpit, and the weps are useful if you dont have a joystick).

Something similar happened in my Nova, I was grabbing spaceflies in Boron space, plus any Pirates that drifted past, and this three-Hydra patrol came by and smashed an Orinoco I was just about to capture. Flew off. They repeated it three times. The last time I clipped one with my Ion. They attacked me. I toasted them all, but lost so much Boron rank I reloaded from a few mizuras and an Orinoco ago.
lol, good one :lol:
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 16. Apr 05, 08:44

You were lucky not to annoy the pirate base there! A bonus in my book! Ships to play kiss-catch with...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”