lowering numbers of TP's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Apocholypse
x3

lowering numbers of TP's

Post by Apocholypse » Sun, 24. Apr 05, 18:09

Do I have a very large fleet for my number of facts, I have about 500 trading ships or is that an acceptable amount, I.e. I getting paranoid I have to many, as other people with same number of facts have alot less ships than me, though I liked the idea of a big commercial fleet.

Norse Player
x3

Post by Norse Player » Sun, 24. Apr 05, 18:21

Nope, it's a good number of ships depending on how many fact's you have. Besides, you could use the BPH-script (signed) and increase the commercial value as you can get more factories while still having a stable number of ships.

Norse Player
The shortest X² joke.
A boron cried: Help, I'm drowning!

The silliest accidents in the X Universe.
A Teladi bit himself on the tongue: since then he's had a speech impediment and lisssssps.
A Paranid lost his life surfing. He was riding a shockwave.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sun, 24. Apr 05, 18:22

Norse Player wrote:Nope, it's a good number of ships depending on how many fact's you have. Besides, you could use the BPH-script (signed) and increase the commercial value as you can get more factories while still having a stable number of ships.

Norse Player
I have 204 facts (see sig)
Is it bad or good that I have 500 tp's

Norse Player
x3

Post by Norse Player » Sun, 24. Apr 05, 18:28

It's fine, remember it is the numbers of scripts running that slows the computer. I am frankly not sure if it is more efficient to have one BPH-script running vs two TP's running - each with their commands (buy best price/sell best price), though that's what I'd expect.

Norse Player
The shortest X² joke.
A boron cried: Help, I'm drowning!

The silliest accidents in the X Universe.
A Teladi bit himself on the tongue: since then he's had a speech impediment and lisssssps.
A Paranid lost his life surfing. He was riding a shockwave.

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Sun, 24. Apr 05, 23:11

I really depends on how you play. Personally I use BPH a lot for my open (leaky) loops, and SDS for my closed loops. I try to be very efficient with my TS. I typically have 2 TS to each factory. In your case I would have 408 TS.

In actuallity it's probably a little less cause some factories have just one TS to do buying/selling. The BPH script is handy because a level 6 pilot can buy and sell. A good example of a factory with only 1 TS is a primary food factory, and secondary food factory.

Griefheart
x3tc

Post by Griefheart » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 00:23

I've never understood the need to expand that much, trading never makes enough cash to be decent (assass missions do better) and cash is never a problem once you got 20 fabs anyway.
Its a lonely life being me...

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 05:23

Galmar wrote:I've never understood the need to expand that much, trading never makes enough cash to be decent (assass missions do better) and cash is never a problem once you got 20 fabs anyway.
Profitsssssss! :teladi:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 07:04

It basically boils down to a persons playing style. I began the game as a trader, and builder so I'm closer to an Xtreme trade rank than I am to a Xtreme combat rank.

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 07:09

Galmar wrote:I've never understood the need to expand that much, trading never makes enough cash to be decent (assass missions do better) and cash is never a problem once you got 20 fabs anyway.
While roaming the sectors looking for the odd ass mission,"That treacherous scum Guht Sht must not be allowed to live!"....your expanded Empire is busy in the background making the profitzzz,kerching,kerching....

I came across 'Guht Sht' on a bulletin board the other day...Who says our German cousins don't have a sense of humour? :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 08:05

Yes, the assassination and XI missions make big cash, but most of my factory are in loops to produse free Weapons and Sields for my ships. And more factorys means more ships, more ships mean more weapons, more weapons means more factorys e.t.c. :gruebel: I think the same do most of the X2 players.

Harpo
x3

Post by Harpo » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 09:05

Lord Hachiman wrote:
Galmar wrote: I came across 'Guht Sht' on a bulletin board the other day...Who says our German cousins don't have a sense of humour? :D

yeah i had H't SHt or some thing like that the other day, my imediate reaction was crule parents ( i need to get out more)

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 10:31

Sector traders are really effective.
For example, I have 6 of them supplying 38 factories in Cloudbase south west. If you don't want other races buying your goods cheap then set the factory friend Foe to all races as enemy, but keep the trade with all races set to yes.
The result is the sector and universe traders can access the goods and still sell them for a reasonable profit.

Using traders to supply the factories works best if your factories out number the NPC ones, this limits problems with resource leakage. The factory ware managment script also is useful in changing prices which makes the traders more effective in supplying to factories that really are short on resources.

I find ships with BPH scripts useful to get a sector up and running, then I move them to another sector and replace them with sector traders.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 10:41

Lord Hachiman wrote:
Galmar wrote: I came across 'Guht Sht' on a bulletin board the other day...Who says our German cousins don't have a sense of humour? :D
Two words for you. 'Ban' and 'Danna'. :wink:

It's humour Jim, but not as we know it.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 11:51

SteveMill wrote:
Lord Hachiman wrote:
Two words for you. 'Ban' and 'Danna'. :wink:

It's humour Jim, but not as we know it.
Classy :lol:

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 12:05

How about the one I saw in a Paranid dock yesterday about the noted astronomer P'trek M'ore!

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 13:57

You could always go and have a look on my site: http://www.logaans-site.co.uk/x2/gamestats and compare your empire against other peoples

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”