Gunnery Crew?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

weedwacker
x3tc

Gunnery Crew?

Post by weedwacker » Mon, 2. May 05, 21:22

Question:

I have the commands available for the gunnery crew, but I cannot select them, so the question is, what do I need installed/onboard to make them work. I have read that you need military personnel, so my quesiton to that is where do you get those?

Please help.
:( [/i]

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 2. May 05, 21:24

Start by reading this thread which can be reached by following the links from the Index of Bonus Plug-Ins at the top of the Scripts and Modding forum (where this belongs, and now is).
Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 2. May 05, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Mon, 2. May 05, 21:25

Yeah, it's tough to issue commands to a crew you don't have. :)

Military personnel are available at Argon Equip Docks/Trade Stations......if you are really fast.

You need to find a military transport and see where it is going to dock, then get there before it does so you have a chance of getting a few crew. They don't last on the market but for a few minutes.

edit: man you are quick CBJ....I started answering this in the main forum :wink:

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Mon, 2. May 05, 22:19

About getting crews.

The best thing i did so far was to buy myself a EQ :)
i know its kinda expensive, but i can afford it and, to be honest, it paid itself in 30 mins game.
Now why??
Easy, once you have your own equip dock you will have:

1-Your own dockable M6 bay (damn easy to equip or supply any M6), just take care where u position it, so you have easy access to supplies, and more important, an easy, reachable ressupply point for your ships during your travels.
2- Once i set it, it took me half an hour to find enough crew members to equip my Shark, Oddy and Titan (thats 230 crewmembers). The report it gives you is enough for you to just jump to where the transport is going to dock ahead of it, in time. 8)

Thats why i say, it paid for itself, rather then roaming around argon systems looking for the odd transport, u instantly know where they are, and their destination, so u can easily plan ahead how to take them all.
(also, my best catch so far was a single transport delivering 73 crew into a single station, and it went trough a xenon system :o ).

Also, get an iguana for the job, they faster then the transports :P

So if you can, thats an easy way to solve your problem

PS- The EQ is profitable, u just need a fleet of transports to make it work

Just my 2 cents on this, hope it can help anyone.
Strength through Unity

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 2. May 05, 22:30

when you have an Equip. dock .. just unload 1 crewmember in there ..

BE WARNED: you cant remove it anymore .. so as soon as they become available .. your traders will jump to get them .. for this pupose I have 2 Iguana's at the dock .. a 100 crewmembers.. you have them in no time ..;)

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 2. May 05, 23:52

Never thought of doing that way G5, sounds like a good idea to me.

Think you can remove wares from your ED by using the Ware manager although it charges you.

Mitch

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. May 05, 01:48

Lethal Mitch wrote:Never thought of doing that way G5, sounds like a good idea to me.

Think you can remove wares from your ED by using the Ware manager although it charges you.

Mitch
Nope .. you can add it (more or less in a cheating way) you cant add or remove it by using the command console .. tried it .. after making the mistake doing it on more than 1 equip. dock .. (costs a hell off a lot a EC's)

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 3. May 05, 04:09

You can remove the crew member and put him back to work after he has updated the wares list on the station. He doesn't need to stay there.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. May 05, 13:23

Scarecrow wrote:You can remove the crew member and put him back to work after he has updated the wares list on the station. He doesn't need to stay there.

i'm not talking about the crew-member .. im talking about the "ware" .. and you cant remove the "ware" "militaity personel" from your equip dock once you added it .. hope its clear now .. :P

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 3. May 05, 22:11

Yes I see what you mean G5 but can't you remove the "ware" military personnel by using the ware manager?

Mitch

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. May 05, 23:24

nope .. I've tried .. but as I said .. it more or less cheating .. (the makers prob. didnt want you to get by them in this way)so you "cant add" them as ware with the ware manager .. and also "not remove" them as ware with the ware manager ..

also .. your traders buy them at the "set price" .. not the "set price -1" .. what they normally will do with any ware added with the ware-manger(or at least wares that could be added with the ware manager)

Tholian512
x3

Post by Tholian512 » Tue, 3. May 05, 23:48

Thanks G5 you just answered a question that had.
Ouch I did not know that the waremanager script was unable to remove the "ware military personnel if you added it. As I accidently added them to one of my trading stations. I guess I am stuck with them on that station. Its not a big deal, but now I have them on two stations my equipment dock and a trading station and the bph freighters now try to buy them from each others stations :?: They get stuck in a loop. So I had too take that bph buyer off that other trading station.

So is there no other way to get them off at all? Short of blow the station...

I hope there is someway, I like to still use that other station with bph buyers.
Slavic "Define favorable outcome CABAL"

CABAL "They all die!"

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. May 05, 23:54

what I did to get them out off the loop .. set the price on one dock at max .. the other an the min. price .. load them all in one ship .. tell all other ships to do nothing .. and restart the BPH command .. than unload the G-Crew in the dock with the highest price set .. now only that dock should try and buy them ..

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Wed, 4. May 05, 00:59

Hmm, G5, care to explain it a little better_ i tried that, i dropped 1 crew in my ED, but it got sold, and none of the bph goes buy more (as i never saw any in there)
Somethingim doing wrong?

I tried that to see if i could make some of my bph go and get crew for me, but it didnt work.

How the eck u manage to make your buyers get them for u? :?
Strength through Unity

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 4. May 05, 01:32

set the price at it max .. make sure you have explored all argon sectors(dont know if this really matters) .. makes sure you have "fast" lvl8 BPH-traders (best choice is the Iguana) .. and let your traders first off all get all the ware they need .. as soon as they just sit at the dock scanning for goodies .. and not finding any (cause the dock is filled or there arent any goods)they will hunt down G-Crew .. I usually have 2 TS's and 2 Iguana's at my docks .. and as soon as they are filled .. the traders get me G-Crew in a fast pass .. do take in account that G-Crew mostly get delivered in low numbers .. and every so often a TP(the G-Crew TP's) drop off up to 100 Crew members .. thats the onces your traders have to get to in time .. with a bit off luck you have to 100 crewmembers in 1 go ..

I never really had to do a thing to get them .. just wait a bit .. but you have em faster as you can buy ships .. in my previous game I was actually giving G-Crew to my Ts's .. :roll:

Tholian512
x3

Post by Tholian512 » Wed, 4. May 05, 05:56

G5 wrote:what I did to get them out off the loop .. set the price on one dock at max .. the other an the min. price .. load them all in one ship .. tell all other ships to do nothing .. and restart the BPH command .. than unload the G-Crew in the dock with the highest price set .. now only that dock should try and buy them ..

Thanks G5

I will try this when I get the chance, becuase I still want to use the other dock with a bph ship...To get other stuff.

Cheers...
Slavic "Define favorable outcome CABAL"

CABAL "They all die!"

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 4. May 05, 10:28

you can .. I've usually got all PPC's Hept's PSG's and AIRE's and GPAC's inm y dock with EC's Nav/Adv sats , all missiles .. and with 4 traders they still get me G-Crew .. after a little while lvl8 traders have the dock stocked or there arent any goods .. so the traders got their hands free to hunt down G-Crew..

Diogo Marzo
x3tc

Post by Diogo Marzo » Wed, 4. May 05, 21:10

I love gunnery crews and hate hunting around for 3 or 4, sometimes even 1 or 2 at a time. This trick sounds fantastic to me. Not really cheating if you call your equip doc the "Mercenary Lounge" or "Cassino", or perhaps "The Doughnut Shop". Make a place where they like to hang out and then hire them from there. Bribery is dirty but it's not cheating... I think as a joke I'll Get a trading station, give it a fun name like "Amsterdam Cafe" and give it military crew, space fuel and space weed as the only wares... maybe meat steaks to apeace the munchies. It's all about making the game feel like a real universe, then it's not cheating... only long term seta is cheating in my oppinion.
But here's a question, do the Military crew disapear from your equip doc or trading station as fast as they do in the npc stations?

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 4. May 05, 21:15

I'm thinking you get us Dutchies a bit wrong .. dump the space-fuel .. :lol:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”