Bug with AEGIS

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StJude
x3ap

Bug with AEGIS

Post by StJude » Wed, 11. May 05, 22:50

Hokay, so I installed the rest of the bonus pack, decided to have a look at the AEGIS thingy. Liked the idea of my turrets actaully hitting something smaller than the side of a barn. Load up, dock at an EQ, and promptly scream like a girl.
$50 mil? How the hell can an improved tracking system possibly cost more than a fully equipped M2? :? :? :?
Pleeeaase tell me its just a bug.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 11. May 05, 22:51

Nope. You'll need a crew, too :wink:
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 11. May 05, 22:55

Have you read the brief from the Argon Navy? That's why it costs so much.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bug with AEGIS

Post by Nanook » Wed, 11. May 05, 22:56

StJude wrote:Hokay, so I installed the rest of the bonus pack, decided to have a look at the AEGIS thingy. Liked the idea of my turrets actaully hitting something smaller than the side of a barn. Load up, dock at an EQ, and promptly scream like a girl.
$50 mil? How the hell can an improved tracking system possibly cost more than a fully equipped M2? :? :? :?
Pleeeaase tell me its just a bug.
Read the readme. You don't need AEGIS to use gunnery crews. Plain vanilla gunnery crews do almost everything you need, except better missile defense and enhanced capturing. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Pooeypants
x2

Post by Pooeypants » Wed, 11. May 05, 23:11

I can't seem to find those gunnery crew TP's, where are they most likely to spawn?
"Wtf is that?"

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 12. May 05, 14:14

I can't seem to find those gunnery crew TP's, where are they most likely to spawn?
I often see them going through the pirate sectors, presumably coming from Omicron Lyrae.

When I visit my factories in Elenas Fortune and Presidents End, I often see them going past with 100 crew onboard.

I followed one once and it went to the trading station in The Wall. Within seconds the crew disappeared from the list.

If you have an Eq Dock/Trading station you can request a report, for 25,000 credits, that will tell you where to find them.

Got to be quick though!

Mitch

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 12. May 05, 14:24

When I am looking for them I place advanced nav sats in Argon sectors where I do not have factories and then use the galaxy map to look for transport ships checking on destination.
I have 2 jump equip TPs and try to get them to the destination ahead of the Transport ship.
Can take a while to build your crew up, sometimes you get lucky and get 10 or more in one go.

balogt
x3

humm make cap ships cost more

Post by balogt » Fri, 13. May 05, 02:01

for the sake of authentisity, i made m1 ships cost from 450mil to 600 mil depending on the race. m2 are 290mil to 400mil. corvettes m6 are 26 mil to 50 mil. TL are 150mil to 209mil. this better reflects the massive cost of a 700m long vessel. and of course paying 50 mil for an advanced wpn system is more realistic :). with these new costs in place i have 1 m2 and a couple m6 and a TL instead of the 5 or 6 m1 and 6 m2 i was having before. makes me appreciate the value of a cap ship more.

cheers
Balog

Pooeypants
x2

Post by Pooeypants » Sat, 14. May 05, 13:29

It's retarded, even if I land TPs on Trading stations and watch those Miltary TPs land, I still can't purchase more than a couple at a time. I mean, these guys are rarer than rocking horse poo. Just how the heck will have I enough for an M2?
"Wtf is that?"

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sat, 14. May 05, 14:23

you can also capture them and then you get the full crew from the tp

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”