Teladi: All females?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Soll1
x2

Teladi: All females?

Post by Soll1 » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:09

I was reading the boards recently when I came across this interesting fact all Teladi’s
are female. An obvious question came to mind; but then was solved later when it was relieved that all the PILOTS are female, indicating that there are still males out there.

Its a small unimportant fact; but still quite interesting. Does anyone know why the pilots are all female? Are any members of the crew’s male? Or is space an all female zone for Teladis

The only reasons that I can come up with are:

1. All Teladi females are basically sexist to the males and won’t let them in their little club of space travellers.
2. All the Males have some sort of physical imperfection that prevents them from piloting a ship (i.e. no spatial awareness or lack of business skills)

As fun is it is to speculate if anyone knows the real reason why –please tell me. If not just add your own speculations.
-Theres always a bigger fish-

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:21

Geeze I didn't even know they were all female in space! They sure don't sound or look anything like females! Where did you hear this? :teladi:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:36

Yes, all spaceborne Teladi pilots are female--this comes from the backstory (mainly the novel written by Helge). Not having read this novel, I don't know what the explanation is for this.

Soll1
x2

Post by Soll1 » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:43

It was in the thread for writing bbs news (which i sent some off) and it just came up.

I just thought it was an interesting point
-Theres always a bigger fish-

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:54

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 00:54

I know that the Teladi males are not very buisness like, possibly they are violent, but i doubt it, either they are really stupid or are oppressed by the more inteligent females and are just kept to breed with. Sounds like a good life :D . Or maybe there are no males at all, the Teladi just clone themselves, or use gene-therapy to share DNA, thus creating totally new people rather than endless clone families.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 01:10

Almost all Teladi are female. This has nothing to do with space travel.
Teladi don't need males to reproduce.

However, there is a place - so the fiction says - where there are still male Teladi. This place is one of the sectors that are newly accessable in X-Tension: Ianamus Zura - the last resort of male Teladi.

As to why male Teladi only exist in that system remains a mystery only Helge might be able to solve.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

VowelX3

Post by VowelX3 » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 01:16

Possibly one female evolved or mutated to the point where there was no need for the male to make the egg viable, but without the male their was no male data coming in and without such data no male could be born of this system..

Edit; take human gentics, females carry female XX, males carry female X and male Y.. this is how I'd come to this point, without a male you can not produce Y so you get females each time.. Though this might not stand to a telidi it is bassed on what is.

So the males grew in number as the females no longer needed them, time goes on and we come to the point where they are no longer compatible with the new females..

Edited, males are no longer compatible with the new females..
ok..

It's realy easy when you think about it. And I edit my ideas so they mean what I think in the right order.
Last edited by VowelX3 on Sun, 29. Jun 03, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
I would like to point out that I somtimes go off at tangets to prove a point and thus try and keep up, also I often use humor to difuse situations so please unerstand any or all of my comments may or may not be jokes. Thankyou for your time.

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 01:19

But then wouldn't all the males die off or would they... :shock: *goes and throws up in bucket* :shock:

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 01:32

It is a fact that all Teladi hatched outside of IANAMUS ZURA, the original, teladian home planet, are born female. Teladian genetics has never bothered to advance to a point where it was possible to figure out just _why_ this is so; fact is, female Teladi do not necessarily need males to reproduce. Another fact is that teladian family lines are almost identical clones to their parents.

Ianamus Zura was cut off the Federation of Planets many dekazuras ago. As a consequence, all Teladi known to men these days are female.

Male Teladi are different; very different. To understand just _how_ different they are, you'd have to learn german and read "Nopileos", the sequel to "Farnham's Legend" :-)

Helge
Last edited by HelgeK on Sun, 29. Jun 03, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 01:33

VowelX3 wrote:.... without such data no male could be born of this system..

So the males grew in number as the females no longer needed them, time goes on and the females come to the point where they are no longer compatible with the new females.
this makes no sense....

I don't know where your logic came from but if no males were being born from the system, then they would die off not grow

"females come to the point where they are no longer compatible with the new females"

whereever that came from and what it means I have no clue...

it's nice to see you Helge

[ external image ]

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 02:42

HelgeK wrote:It is a fact that all Teladi hatched outside of IANAMUS ZURA, the original, teladian home planet, are born male.
little typo there, should be FEMALE :wink:

VowelX3

Post by VowelX3 » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 02:59

The Hamster wrote:
VowelX3 wrote:.... without such data no male could be born of this system..

So the males grew in number as the females no longer needed them, time goes on and the females come to the point where they are no longer compatible with the new females.
this makes no sense....

I don't know where your logic came from but if no males were being born from the system, then they would die off not grow

"females come to the point where they are no longer compatible with the new females"

whereever that came from and what it means I have no clue...

ok, I've edited my post so it means what I'd been thinking..

Now thier is plenty of stuff on earth where animals that are the same speices can not interbreed due to altering for survival in their inviroment..
I would like to point out that I somtimes go off at tangets to prove a point and thus try and keep up, also I often use humor to difuse situations so please unerstand any or all of my comments may or may not be jokes. Thankyou for your time.

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 04:11

BurnIt! wrote:Almost all Teladi are female. This has nothing to do with space travel.
Teladi don't need males to reproduce.

However, there is a place - so the fiction says - where there are still male Teladi. This place is one of the sectors that are newly accessable in X-Tension: Ianamus Zura - the last resort of male Teladi.

As to why male Teladi only exist in that system remains a mystery only Helge might be able to solve.
Teladi = Lizard
Lizard fertilising tempreture of egg determines gender of the hatching ermm teladi ;-)

knowing helge that is how he probably thought. :-P

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 04:17

I remeber watching the discovery channel about a fish that, if all the males die or if the males are too young to reproduce, then the dominant female transforms into a male and takes over the position of *gulp* "doing it" :roll:

although this has barely anything to do with the Teladi's special situation, I just thought I might add that food for fact, fact of food... food of fact?

Wargod.
x3tc

Post by Wargod. » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 04:36

Who needs ssex when there's profitss to be had?!

*Had to say it!*

-Wargod

Admiral Remus

Post by Admiral Remus » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 07:47

Who knows there might have been a group of mad Le....n Teladi scientists who dint want anymore males in their race and manage to develop some kinda radiation which would mutate the female psychology to always fall for another female teladi and thus once both are mutated in the head and their kids would also have it in them as Heredietary and thus this is how it might have gone :roll:
Admiral Remus "ViP3r" Costa
"We Beleive In Federationalism"
Legion Federation

[ external image ]

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 11:13

KiwiNZ wrote:
HelgeK wrote:It is a fact that all Teladi hatched outside of IANAMUS ZURA, the original, teladian home planet, are born male.
little typo there, should be FEMALE :wink:
You're right... thanks :-)

Helge

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 11:18

Avis wrote: Teladi = Lizard
Lizard fertilising tempreture of egg determines gender of the hatching ermm teladi ;-)

knowing helge that is how he probably thought. :-P
It's a little bit different, actually. On earth, there's a species of lizards whose males have died out thousands of years ago. They survived by developing the ability to lay unfertilzed eggs which would hatch living offspring -- all female. I forgot that species' name, but it really exists. Should be possible to dig it out from the 'net.

I transported that idea to the Teladi and constructed a little background story as to where the males had gone. So there we are, with all female Teladi in space :-)

Helge

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Sun, 29. Jun 03, 11:40

What about Wargod?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”