A way around the SETA cheat fix

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Remy
x3

A way around the SETA cheat fix

Post by Remy » Sat, 28. May 05, 01:53

Sick of having to make money by waiting..be sick no more.. just buy yourself a nice equipment dock. place it in a pirate sector and park your piloted M6 in it..slap the j button..lo and behold.... credits credits credits..no sector patrols to scan your ship..= no loss of seta...Can't afford a equipment dock...no worries.... just make sure you have a fast ship(faster than a Khaak m3) with e-cells and a jump drive..point your ship in any direction, hit j..you know the score, you will defo need e cells as you will be thousands of kilometers away from the nearest gate after you've finished doing the garden or whatever....the days of parking your m3 in a safe station are gone..you land and hit j now, after a while all your ships do the same before you know it all your stations flash yellow as they run out of stock... i hope you all find this useful :D
SETA Using Champion
Big Fleet
Loadsa Cash

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 28. May 05, 01:59

Might be easier to just enter any station and exit your menus and then press J

reggiejd
x2

Post by reggiejd » Sat, 28. May 05, 01:59

i dont get it, why do all that?

if its just stopping the seta interupt your worried about, why dont u just park and hit J?

as for money makeing, isnt half the fun in this game setting up a stable
income? ie- dominateing the economy?

seta is not and shouldnt be used as an i win button, you miss the fun in the game :lol:

Remy
x3

Post by Remy » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:09

doh...you park in a safe system..ALL your ships park in there home base..thats how they fixed the seta cheat....some people want money..i'm just telling them how :evil:
SETA Using Champion
Big Fleet
Loadsa Cash

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:12

Remy wrote:doh...you park in a safe system..ALL your ships park in there home base..thats how they fixed the seta cheat....some people want money..i'm just telling them how :evil:
An expensive and long way of doing it. As was said, enter ANY station. Sit in the docking cradle outside of any menus and hit J. It will not be interrupted.

Your combat rank will plummet, however.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Remy
x3

Post by Remy » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:20

esd wrote:
Remy wrote:doh...you park in a safe system..ALL your ships park in there home base..thats how they fixed the seta cheat....some people want money..i'm just telling them how :evil:
As was said, enter ANY station. Sit in the docking cradle outside of any menus and hit J. It will not be interrupted.

you don't get it....try sitting in any station anyplace and hit j....All and i mean All of your traders TP/TS will dock at there homebase and WILL not come out until you do..you dont believe me...try it..and then try my method..you'll see what i mean...just hitting J in a safe system doesn't work any more...and as for combat rank..when you've got enough money to buy a fully kitted out m2 you can go hunting khaak and xenon...your rank goes up faster than it goes down.....so there :P
SETA Using Champion
Big Fleet
Loadsa Cash

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:25

you don't get it....try sitting in any station anyplace and hit j....All and i mean All of your traders TP/TS will dock at there homebase and WILL not come out until you do
Then there's a lot of SETA "exploiters" out there making money out of nothing, with nothing being traded anywhere.

And no, I'm not gonna try it. Personally I consider it an exploit, so I don't do it :)

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:31

the days of parking your m3 in a safe station are gone..you land and hit j now, after a while all your ships do the same before you know it all your stations flash yellow as they run out of stock
I can see what your saying but I'm SURE your symptoms are caused by something else? maybe price settings, BPH (they hide if khaak are about), jump settings etc etc etc

As far as I can remeber there has been NO FIX for using J in stations (altho I havnt done it for a long long long time)

chovy
x2

Post by chovy » Sat, 28. May 05, 02:47

esd wrote:
An expensive and long way of doing it. As was said, enter ANY station. Sit in the docking cradle outside of any menus and hit J. It will not be interrupted.

...unless of course your station comes under attack by enough Khaak/Xenon/Pirate to destroy your station. Then where will you be hmmm? On the main menu of the the game wondering wtf?

DurAlvar
x3

Post by DurAlvar » Sat, 28. May 05, 03:04

Well, first of all, if your in any sector with either your own sector patrols or an AI's one, this will never happen. Second, the odds of that happening while ur in any particular station are comparable to winning the in-game lottery...
Reality is the leading cause of stress.

chovy
x2

Post by chovy » Sat, 28. May 05, 03:17

DurAlvar wrote:Well, first of all, if your in any sector with either your own sector patrols or an AI's one, this will never happen. Second, the odds of that happening while ur in any particular station are comparable to winning the in-game lottery...
I beg to differ :D
It happened to me in Ore Belt. I had docked and pushed the SETA and left the comp running overnight while I was sleeping. Came back in the morning on the main menu wondering wtf?

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 28. May 05, 03:24

chovy wrote:I beg to differ :D
It happened to me in Ore Belt. I had docked and pushed the SETA and left the comp running overnight while I was sleeping. Came back in the morning on the main menu wondering wtf?
:lol:
Nasty Sector that sometimes

Tigerhawk71
x4

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sat, 28. May 05, 03:28

it hasn't happened to me.. ever.

though what will usually happen if i try (which is only when i'm short on free time and want to actually keep playing the game) is that a dozen ships will be destroyed in heavily defended sectors (i.e argon prime). on the odd occasion i get one or two, maybe NO ship losses, i save, and i'm usually 20 million credits richer, which makes life easier.
Split alive!... Not for much longer you aren't...

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Sat, 28. May 05, 05:15

Remy wrote:
esd wrote:
As was said, enter ANY station. Sit in the docking cradle outside of any menus and hit J. It will not be interrupted.

you don't get it....try sitting in any station anyplace and hit j....All and i mean All of your traders TP/TS will dock at there homebase and WILL not come out until you do..you dont believe me...try it..and then try my method..you'll see what i mean...just hitting J in a safe system doesn't work any more...and as for combat rank..when you've got enough money to buy a fully kitted out m2 you can go hunting khaak and xenon...your rank goes up faster than it goes down.....so there :P
'Fraid the problem is unique to you. When anyone else docks at a station and hits J everything goes on as normal.

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Sat, 28. May 05, 05:23

esd wrote:

I learned that the hard way... hey wait, my combat rank never really went above Captain anyways! :D Oh well, I stopped duing that and have been working my combat rank back up... to a Commadore! I know it's pathetic, but I am so happy with myself, and I have an Elephant, I have a crapload of ships, and i recently just caught another KM3 with 2 Beta Kyon lasers equipped! I am very pleased with my game, but I think it would be better to find some way to destroy the story line, so the game is just Trade, Combat, Think, and the other thing, you know, all the good stuff! :D Still, that would mean no KM3... damn... that's a hard choice. I'll take my KM3 please, line up the victims, single file please! ((Not a hard coice! :twisted: ))
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 28. May 05, 11:36

chovy wrote:It happened to me in Ore Belt.
That's what you get for parking in Ore Belt :P

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Sun, 29. May 05, 02:07

I am very pleased with my game, but I think it would be better to find some way to destroy the story line, so the game is just Trade, Combat, Think, and the other thing, you know, all the good stuff!
Then try the Custom Universe.

There are Khaak attacks, PE doesn't get destroyed (lots of open silicon traderuns for you, to get started faster), ...
The only thing I wanted, is that the Khaak sectors could be visited in Custom Universe (they don't appear to exist).
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Sun, 29. May 05, 02:45

Why are we still having this discussion about the best ways to exploit SETA so that you can make lots of money?

If you want to make lots of money whilst doing nothing (ie without truly earning it), all you have to do is script it in. No risk of losing rank, ships, stations etc.

:) Smiley :)
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Sun, 29. May 05, 09:04

True dat. I've never gone more than 30 minutes in my current game on SETA, and that was when I was going to the store to buy Homeworld (only to see what it was all about, not to replace X2 which has forever [when forever=1 year] kept my attention).

X-Periment

Re: A way around the SETA cheat fix

Post by X-Periment » Sun, 29. May 05, 09:46

Remy wrote:Sick of having to make money by waiting..be sick no more.. just buy yourself a nice equipment dock. place it in a pirate sector and park your piloted M6 in it..slap the j button..lo and behold.... credits credits credits..no sector patrols to scan your ship..= no loss of seta...Can't afford a equipment dock...no worries.... just make sure you have a fast ship(faster than a Khaak m3) with e-cells and a jump drive..point your ship in any direction, hit j..you know the score, you will defo need e cells as you will be thousands of kilometers away from the nearest gate after you've finished doing the garden or whatever....the days of parking your m3 in a safe station are gone..you land and hit j now, after a while all your ships do the same before you know it all your stations flash yellow as they run out of stock... i hope you all find this useful :D
Very useful for getting a Gamma Impulse Raygun... even if it means cheating.
X-Periment [ITF]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”