Xenon Invasion Mission and Squash Mines..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TerrorTrooper
x4

Xenon Invasion Mission and Squash Mines..

Post by TerrorTrooper » Sun, 29. May 05, 02:06

ok..

heres the deal...

i have a save game where im about to accept a Xenon Invasion Mission...
i however.. dont have such a great fleet...
2 Titans, (a 3rd half kitted..) 1 Condor, 2 Ospreys and 4 Centaurs..

but.. What makes this battle interesting.. is after accepting mission a few times and watching.. i have found exactly where the Xenon K's and the J jump in...

i happen to own 2 Boron Orcas...

1 is FULLY loaded with SQUASH MINES.. The Other is about 3/4 Full of LASER TOWERS!!! (i produce both of them in abundance..)

i have a moderately overclocked and tweeked X800 PRO grafix card.. so as long as not too many fighters are involed (basicly.. dont unload my condor), lag is decent..

when i did mine the system with all those squash mines.. when the Xenon jumped in, PC crashed.. LT's made one hell of a light show though..

i feel the urge to make a video of this rather unusual battle.. so.... watch this space..

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Sun, 29. May 05, 04:05

Wow, lucky you... I've always dremed of doing something like that! :D
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

Enrique
x2

Post by Enrique » Sun, 29. May 05, 08:39

i have a save game where im about to accept a Xenon Invasion Mission...
i however.. dont have such a great fleet...
2 Titans, (a 3rd half kitted..) 1 Condor, 2 Ospreys and 4 Centaurs..
You don't need such a great fleet. I used to do invasion missions in my Osprey (before I got my Odysseus) and I could take what they send through the gate + the entire Xenon sector. Sure, there was the AI fleet in the invaded sector with me, but I considered it more hindrance than help (they tend to get shot by your turrets and tend they attack you, and then you have to kill them and then you lose your police license and your reputation with the race takes a drop).

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Sun, 29. May 05, 08:44

I use a centaur, but the time needed to kill the K is quite long. That's why I want a dam M2!

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Sun, 29. May 05, 12:24

Well, clear the X sector while the xenon are attcking, when you come back sector def will be dead, you can use PSGs.

I recomand AEGIS though.
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”