Tutorial on how to use Doubleshadow's X2E & X2MM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Tutorial on how to use Doubleshadow's X2E & X2MM

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 6. Jun 05, 20:23

OK...maybe the subject line over hypes this tutorial a bit :lol:

I frequently use Doubleshadow's tools to make alterations to my mods. Using X2E and X2MM, it is very easy to swap my custom ships with those of the various races, add ships to docks and shipyards, and even add in outside ships.

Several people have asked me for a simple "how to" tutorial for swapping ships around inside of the SSG mods...this tutorial will show you how to do that.

I used the SSG mods as my example both because I know them quite well ( :roll: ), and because I have already extended the X2 OBJ files to accommodate an extra 55 ships. This means that the additional ships (and Deadly Shipyard) can be used as sort of a "warehouse" for ships not being used by one of the main 5 races.

The tutorial has step-by-step examples (with lots of screen shots) on how to swap one of my custom ships for an existing X2 ship, add a ship to the available inventory of a shipyard, and add a "foreign" ship into one of the extra slots in my mod.

The initial version of the tutorial can be found at http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... ial_V1.rar

NOTE: You must be on at least version 0.0.36 of X2E before attempting to use my tutorial.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”