huge spacefly swarm spotted

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

plawolf
x3tc

huge spacefly swarm spotted

Post by plawolf » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 02:17

this is for those that do a little spacefly collecting and might fancy a challenge.

while Ion-Ding a slit python in family tyr (the reason for me doing that is posted in another thread) i spotted the biggest swarm of spaceflies i have ever seen. there must have been literally hundreds of them.

i was 450 odd k from the main sector heading towards the planet following the python when i spotted this while playing around with the veiwer.

after i was finished with the pyhon i just Ion-Ded in random directions and the lighting went on for most of the screen and the gravidar was filled with dozens of dazed spacefly contacts.

i am not sure if the spaceflies were just many small swarms that started following me during my long trip and have just amassed, or if there is a spacefly spawning point around that area. so i thought i just post what i have seen in case someone is interested or have any more info on the matter.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 04:22

spaceflies are attracted to ID so if you have been doing that a lot (and we know you have) then they can accumulate in large numbers

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 05:37

johntarmac wrote:spaceflies are attracted to ID so if you have been doing that a lot (and we know you have) then they can accumulate in large numbers
That's handy to know! :D

"Where's my Ray?!" ((don't really have one! :roll: ))
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 18:39

johntarmac wrote:spaceflies are attracted to ID so if you have been doing that a lot (and we know you have) then they can accumulate in large numbers
thats interesting to know, but why are they attracted to Ions? are they suicidal or addicated to danger? :roll:

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 18:44

they do it for the buzz :D

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 18:56

think bug zapper

they are attracted to the highly energetic and powerful light energy.

'no no dont go into the light!'

'i cant help it, its so beautiful. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG'

'Cargobay now contains: Spaceflies'

:D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”